Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Closed Thread

Old 03-27-2011, 01:38 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriot Services View Post
BULLPUCKEY! Any illegal can register their child at any public school. The only requirement is proof of immunizations. Which, you guessed it, are available free of charge at any public health clinic. My biggest complaint with illegals is the fact that most of the money they earn here is sent out of the country never to be seen again. They live 10 to a one bedroom trailer and don't spend squat on the local economy.
I was referring to his claim of free COLLEGE. As far as free public school, if they live in a house then they are paying property taxes which pays for public school. I have known hundreds of illegals over the years and the only ones that packed large numbers into houses like you claim are the ones that had just arrived, and if they packed them in like that they did not have kids with them. My direct experience, and I have a lot of it, is that if they have school age children they have been here many years and live just like we do, with their families in a single house, not with 10 people packed in there like you and others like to claim.

Stop making stop making stereo typical generalizations to back up your arguements. I'm pretty sure that people making claims like you have very little direct experience with this issue.
Old 03-27-2011, 01:42 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmac1996acc View Post
I think Mexicans need to take on the mentality of Americans. If they did, they wouldn't have to come here to work and Mexico would be in much better shape. Personally I don't want this country to be like Mexico, where the average worker makes just $115 a month.
Sorry, but this statement makes zero sense.
Old 03-27-2011, 01:47 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Premier- so your saying this whole illegal immigrant issue is just a figment of our imagination? You proudly state you have vast experience with this criminal element. You obviously don't work for ICE. So I'll make the stereotypical assumption you must "employ" them thus being part of the problem itself.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-27-2011, 02:19 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

It's as simple as supply and demand. There is a need for workers to fill jobs Americans don't want to do. The amount of workers heading north actually slowed down when the economy took a kit. The Mexican government actually took additional steps to help people returning with money to find work or even start their own businesses. Lazy Americans don't want to work at hard labor type jobs it's that simple. You don't need to have a PhD to figure this out.
Old 03-27-2011, 02:45 PM
LawnSite Member

Please don't put words in my mouth PS. There are huge problems surrounding our current immigration status and policies, but I also know that many of the claims made by you and others are largely untrue. I also know to blame our current econonmic situation on illegals is a joke. We have the deregulation of banks to thank for that, but that is another conversation.

Stop deflecting the conversation on to me and focus on the discussion at hand. There is no free education for illegals. Illegals are not eligible for public assistance. Illegals pay into social security and receive zero benefits. If anything, our governement has allowed the exploitation of these people for the last 2+ decades, and now that we're in this recession they are a convenient scapegoat for politicians, and folks like yourself buy right into it. Most of the problems associated with illegals could be corrected somewhat easily with reform. Allow them to work legally, but regulate them and tax them and they pay their own way and can be positive contributors to society.

The difference between my viewpoint and your is that I don't view most of these people as "criminal element". I view them as people doing whatever it takes to feed their families. They broke 1 law, which was entering the country illegally, and had they had a legal option to come here they would have taken that option. I don't throw the word criminal around lightly. To me, a crimianl is someone who robs, steals, kills, sells drugs, ect, ect. The huge mojority of illegals here don't fall into that category.
Old 03-27-2011, 03:04 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Exactly how does an illegal pay into social security. One must have a SS# to pay into that system and you have to be a citizen/resident alien to get a number. By law anybody can walk into an American emergency room regardless of citizenship or economic status and by federal law receive treatment. You seem to have a problem with the word ILLEGAL. I agree the problem is not new but it can no longer be ignored.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-27-2011, 03:18 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

All you need is a nine digit number and the SSA will gladly take your money with no questions asked. If you use a number that belongs to someone else it will cause a problem but you may not get a letter for several years. I speak from experience not speculation.

I don't understand your need to use the term illegal or criminal element to characterize a working class of people. My workers are way more trustworthy than the born here POS workers.
Old 03-27-2011, 03:24 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

I didn't create the term. Its technically and factually correct. It is the term assigned that class of persons by the US government. I don't make the laws, I just follow them like a proper citizen. By using a STOLEN ss# that somehow doesn't qualify as a crime?
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-27-2011, 03:58 PM
LawnSite Member

turn them in lol
Old 03-27-2011, 04:21 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

There are lot of terms for laborers from other countries. Undocumented immigrants not illegals tends to be the term the government uses. The gov may use the term illegal immigration but that as far as the term illegal tends to be used.

There are good and bad ways to refer to hard working people who come here in hopes of making a better life for themselves or their families. The words people use to refer to immigrants tends to tell you about open mindedness and education level of the people your dealing with.

The SS numbers tend to be fake and not stolen. Were you hurt or injured in some way by this action? Are you going to tell me you've never broken the speed limit, never gotten some cash Uncle Same didn't know about? Never broken the law? I think not. There's one word to describe many people who try to take the high ground on this issue HYPOCRITE.

Unless your an American Indian your family was made up of immigrants at some point. You too may have some "Illegals" in your distant family tree somewhere. I bet the American Indians who lost about 99% of their country would like to have us all deported!
Closed Thread