Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather
Closed Thread

Old 03-27-2011, 05:16 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PremierT&L View Post
I was referring to his claim of free COLLEGE. As far as free public school, if they live in a house then they are paying property taxes which pays for public school. I have known hundreds of illegals over the years and the only ones that packed large numbers into houses like you claim are the ones that had just arrived, and if they packed them in like that they did not have kids with them. My direct experience, and I have a lot of it, is that if they have school age children they have been here many years and live just like we do, with their families in a single house, not with 10 people packed in there like you and others like to claim.

Stop making stop making stereo typical generalizations to back up your arguments. I'm pretty sure that people making claims like you have very little direct experience with this issue.
I disagree, I only seen mostly Mexican men coming here and then sending as much money as they can back home to their family in Mexico where it's worth about 5 times as much.
Old 03-27-2011, 05:17 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriot Services View Post
Maybe were getting to the root of YOUR problem. My grandparents on both sides arrived here legally through Ellis Island. I served my country for 20+ years and military still pay taxes, fica and ss like any other legal worker. I served with people that jumped through flaming hoops to become legal residents so they could enlist. Breaking the speed limit is a far cry from border crossing and identity theft. Liberals just love to dance around touchy subjects with politically correct terms. If you are within our borders you are obligated to abide by our laws. The very fact the government is unaware of an individuals presence and therefore their identity makes them a potential threat economically or criminally.
Posted via Mobile Device
Yes my grandparents came the same way. Surely you are aware that when our grandparents came the US did not have the same immigration laws as we do now? All you pretty nuch had to do back then was show up. immigration today is much more difficult, and these Hispanic workers don't have a legal avenue to immigrate here. Believe me, if they did they would take it, the risk the take to come here is tremendous.

Hey understand that I am not in favor of illegal immigration, and I love America just as much as you do. I appreciate your service. I was never in the military, but my dad was. I'm just very tired of hearing all of the false, unfair arguements against the illegals. I happen to have close relationships with numerous illeglas and they are good, family people.

We can reform the system so we could keep the labor pool and and have these folks pay for their own schooling, medical care, ect. Most politicans and economists are very aware of this. The problem is that it's political suicide to back this kind of reform because there are so many patriotic Americans like yourself that don't really understand the issue and want to blame the illegals for all of our problems. Clinton, Bush, McCain, Ted Kennedy, Obama...they were all in favor of reform, but they all took a political beating over it and had to drop it. McCain did a complete 180 on his policy during the 2008 election b/c he knew that the voters were against it, and he even admitted this publicly during his campaign.

Last edited by PremierT&L; 03-27-2011 at 05:23 PM.
Old 03-27-2011, 05:17 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
I won't disagree on the fact of the American work ethic declining. Some people can't be motivated for any price.
Posted via Mobile Device
That's true anywhere, not just America.
Old 03-27-2011, 05:19 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdk1959 View Post
I disagree, I only seen mostly Mexican men coming here and then sending as much money as they can back home to their family in Mexico where it's worth about 5 times as much.
Then your exposure has been very limited.
Old 03-27-2011, 05:21 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Maybe were getting to the root of YOUR problem. My grandparents on both sides arrived here legally through Ellis Island. I served my country for 20+ years and military still pay taxes, fica and ss like any other legal worker. I served with people that jumped through flaming hoops to become legal residents so they could enlist. Breaking the speed limit is a far cry from border crossing and identity theft. Liberals just love to dance around touchy subjects with politically correct terms. If you are within our borders you are obligated to abide by our laws. The very fact the government is unaware of an individuals presence and therefore their identity makes them a potential threat economically or criminally.
Posted via Mobile Device
I agree 100%!
Old 03-27-2011, 05:22 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdk1959 View Post
Don't get me wrong, there is nothing wrong with imports IF those countries don't limit American imports to their country. China is a good example. Not only do they severely limit any imports but if you want to sell more of your product there you have to set up shop there to manufacture it and hire Chinese workers.

http://www.xe.com/ucc/convert.cgi?Am...=35&image.y=15
Don't confuse import/export laws with the immigration problem as these are 2 separate issues. China of course is also famous for working its own children in sweat shop conditions for pennies a day so I'm not sure they are a country we want to imitate.
Old 03-27-2011, 05:30 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Then your exposure has been very limited.
Not really, but you rarely see them shopping in the stores and why should they? Every dollar spent here they lose about $4.00 vs being sent back home to Mexico to shop instead.
Old 03-27-2011, 05:31 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
No you're actually the one missing the point. You claimed that illegals are getting into college for free in the US. This is 100% false. Oh and btw, we as Americans do get plenty of assistance for college in the forms of grants and student loans. Are you saying you didn't take advantage of those opportunities, or that you aren't aware of them?
um no sir...i wasn't refferring to illegals on the college part...just people that weren't born in america...i didn't get any assistance or grants...if you live with parents that work like they should you don't get any help when you go to college...student loans you have to pay back with interest....why are you arguing the obvious...some people that live in america are still normal and have normal parents and families....and we get punished for it....yay for the middle class whiteboy...the true minority of america

Last edited by kilgoja; 03-27-2011 at 05:36 PM.
Old 03-27-2011, 05:33 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Don't confuse import/export laws with the immigration problem as these are 2 separate issues. China of course is also famous for working its own children in sweat shop conditions for pennies a day so I'm not sure they are a country we want to imitate.
I'm not, I'm just saying because of the exchange rates a Mexican worker is HIGHLY motivated to come and work very hard here.
Old 03-27-2011, 05:59 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Until this country gets away from the two party system that refuses to agree on anything ,reform will never happen on any issue. Candidates preach moderation until they are elected. Then they just pander to the extremists' within their own party.
Posted via Mobile Device
Closed Thread