Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 03-29-2011, 09:09 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Wow what nice equipment u have there i love it!Everything looks brand new,also nice shop u got there.
Wright 36" RH 07"
Redmax trimmer
Echo srm 225
Stihl fs90
Redmax hb28
Redmax eb7500 backpack blower
Rubbermaid cans 32gal
Solo backpack sprayer
A few more things..
Old 03-29-2011, 09:52 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

yea just picked up a few new shindaiwas, i have a few more on my traier

2011 extended cab f250
2011 f550

06 c6500
FINN bb302 Bark Blower
06 vermeer bc1000XL 12" chipper
2 salt dogg v- box spreaders
8ftsnow dogg plow

9ft snow dogg plow
/2004 New Holland LS180

20 yrs old
Old 03-30-2011, 02:54 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

were do you get your equipment from?
Old 03-30-2011, 11:20 AM
LawnSite Member

$1800 for truck payments not that much

Hey I don't know why all of you are flipping on $1800 a month truck payments, I pay my two top employees $4000 a month for 8 months during our peak season they could afford those $1800 truck payments! As the boss I usually make around $800-$1000 a day during peak season. I guess we do hardscaping and concrete mainly a little more skilled than mowing but it would make sense to me to have those nice new trucks! However, we roll in a 1998 Chevy 3500 Dump and 2005 Dodge 3500 flatbed cummins, 2006 F250. All paid for since day one all the profits go in the bank not to the bank! I would not like the 10% interest I would pay off those trucks quick to avoid all that interest.
Old 03-30-2011, 11:57 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by StihlBR600 View Post
Yupp thats what im thinking. He said his dad owns a construction business. I bet he somehow gets his son the landscaping job for the new buildings he puts up

Lmfao. Jealous much?

I bought my 2011 F250 when I was 19. Just because you can't don't try and hate on the people who can.

I also run a 1996 F350 Dually Diesel 4x4...

Grow your business a little? Maybe you could afford nicer things.
Old 03-30-2011, 12:40 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuffdeer View Post
Lmfao. Jealous much?

I bought my 2011 F250 when I was 19. Just because you can't don't try and hate on the people who can.

I also run a 1996 F350 Dually Diesel 4x4...

Grow your business a little? Maybe you could afford nicer things.
how does "growing your business" have to do with having a brand new truck? last time i checked growing your business would involve getting more customers and branching out to other areas of landscaping instead of strictly mowing. Use your head, I have seen people who make more than you ever will drive around old beat up chevy dumps.. but hey if you want to pay a butt load of monthly payments for your shiny new trucks, go for it bro, i'd take paid for equipment any day..
Old 03-30-2011, 01:01 PM
LawnSite Member

I have two issues with buying new trucks:
1) Depreciation of 10% when you drive off the lot. Why not buy a 1-year older truck slightly used for 10% or greater discount still with warranty etc.
2) If your making payments, interest is a total waste of money! In my opinion, for a business if you can't afford it cash money you don't deserve it unless you have a big job that will pay for it. The only thing I make payments on is my home mortage!
Old 03-30-2011, 01:04 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyVinny View Post
how does "growing your business" have to do with having a brand new truck? last time i checked growing your business would involve getting more customers and branching out to other areas of landscaping instead of strictly mowing. Use your head, I have seen people who make more than you ever will drive around old beat up chevy dumps.. but hey if you want to pay a butt load of monthly payments for your shiny new trucks, go for it bro, i'd take paid for equipment any day..
Who said I have any payments?

And yes, growing your business does have to do with having nicer equipment. He said he could never afford stuff like that.

I can easily afford stuff like that because my business is large enough to easily support "shiny new equipment"

I don't even touch the landscaping side of things, strictly maintenance.

I don't care if people are making more driving around a beat up chevy dump, I need reliable trucks that aren't going to break down in the middle of a snow storm pushing snow for my corporate contracts.

I make more than enough to keep my happy.

All I was suggesting is that he was jealous by the cheap shots he kept taking at the OP.
Old 03-30-2011, 01:27 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuffdeer View Post
Who said I have any payments?

And yes, growing your business does have to do with having nicer equipment. He said he could never afford stuff like that.

I can easily afford stuff like that because my business is large enough to easily support "shiny new equipment"

I don't even touch the landscaping side of things, strictly maintenance.

I don't care if people are making more driving around a beat up chevy dump, I need reliable trucks that aren't going to break down in the middle of a snow storm pushing snow for my corporate contracts.

I make more than enough to keep my happy.

All I was suggesting is that he was jealous by the cheap shots he kept taking at the OP.
I dont think its jealousy as much as people being lost as to why a 19 year old with a handful of accounts needs 2 brand new trucks and all this equipment.. Most people with a good business mind dont buy brand new trucks for the shear fact of those 2 examples above.. and if they do, they are in the position to buy it with enough accounts to cover it... Don't get me wrong, there are plenty of people i am jealous of on here, (goldpro and terra) but it sure as hell isnt this outfit..
Old 03-31-2011, 08:37 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Hey Guzzo,
Just curious I know your from Jersey and I see Guzzo Stucco Trucks running all the time up and down rt. 55 and near the shore area. Are you related to the company in any way. Just curious because I know you have said your family is in the construction business so I thought maybe you were.