Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 05-01-2011, 11:51 PM
LawnSite Member

your cutting commercial accounts and not collecting clippings? no offense but that looks horrible, and blowing clippings would probably made it look worse especially in the mulch beds... start bagging that crap.
Old 05-02-2011, 06:47 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

looks nice grass is growing fast in south jersey
Old 05-02-2011, 07:23 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

they dont pay me to bag... so why would i do it, it looks fine when everything is done, and they think so too. I dont know of any guys that do large commercial accounts that bag.... if they paid me to do it i would

2011 extended cab f250
2011 f550

06 c6500
FINN bb302 Bark Blower
06 vermeer bc1000XL 12" chipper
2 salt dogg v- box spreaders
8ftsnow dogg plow

9ft snow dogg plow
/2004 New Holland LS180

20 yrs old
Old 05-02-2011, 12:42 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyVinny View Post
your cutting commercial accounts and not collecting clippings? no offense but that looks horrible, and blowing clippings would probably made it look worse especially in the mulch beds... start bagging that crap.
When I worked for Brickman in Central Jersey and on Long Island, we never bagged our sites and we did huge commercial office complexes, never had a complaint about it....
Old 05-02-2011, 04:22 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guzzo856 View Post
they dont pay me to bag... so why would i do it, it looks fine when everything is done, and they think so too. I dont know of any guys that do large commercial accounts that bag.... if they paid me to do it i would

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelo585 View Post
When I worked for Brickman in Central Jersey and on Long Island, we never bagged our sites and we did huge commercial office complexes, never had a complaint about it....
I have never seen ANY company around here not bag a commercial account. I bag both of mine and if I left clumps / clippings like that in the mulch I would fired on spot.. I dont care what you say, theres no way you can blow mulch beds out and make it look professional. Just trying to help the kid out, you can just throw a bagger on the machine and run the lawn once, put the clippings in your brand new dump truck (thats what its for, to make your life easier).. Save yourself a ton of time and work blowing the whole lawn off and all the beds... just go to the dump and dump it.. they charge me $5 to dump and the lawn will look 1000 times better.. this business is all about referrals, make it look good and you will get more jobs. Me personally would never leave a lawn that way, even the way you left it after you blew. Just my opinion and the way I run my business I guess. Stop taking everything as criticism, just trying to help you out dude..
Old 05-02-2011, 04:39 PM
LawnSite Member

I have to agree with Guzzo... if the contract does not require or call for bagging, then there is no reason to do it.

Vinny, I do not know anything about your business so if I am out of line, forgive me, but it seems that you are coming from a residential frame of mind rather than commercial, most any commercial account I have ever dealt with has never requires bagging, I worked on long Island for many years with Ireland Gannon, Greenskeeper and Brickman all in management roles, never once bagged a commercial job.

Last edited by Angelo585; 05-02-2011 at 04:45 PM.
Old 05-02-2011, 04:44 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
I have never seen ANY company around here not bag a commercial account. I bag both of mine and if I left clumps / clippings like that in the mulch I would fired on spot.. I dont care what you say, theres no way you can blow mulch beds out and make it look professional. Just trying to help the kid out, you can just throw a bagger on the machine and run the lawn once, put the clippings in your brand new dump truck (thats what its for, to make your life easier).. Save yourself a ton of time and work blowing the whole lawn off and all the beds... just go to the dump and dump it.. they charge me $5 to dump and the lawn will look 1000 times better.. this business is all about referrals, make it look good and you will get more jobs. Me personally would never leave a lawn that way, even the way you left it after you blew. Just my opinion and the way I run my business I guess. Stop taking everything as criticism, just trying to help you out dude..

He blew out the clumps before he left.

Skinny, you are blowing this way out of proportion. Who cares if he doesn't bag, its easier(/better) if you don't. I, as well as a ton of other companies around me, don't bag it. I don't understand why this is such a big issue with you?! As long as he blew out the clumps its fine.
Stay focused and leave distractions for those who will fail in their ventures
Old 05-02-2011, 04:51 PM
LawnSite Member

haha in true 12 year old fashion.. good job. Judging by the post times on your posts, seems to be like all you do is hang out on lawnsite so I really wont take your responses seriously. Guzzo, if you want to take my advice and give it a whirl you wont be dissapointed with the finished product. And Angelo, maybe you should spend some time hitting the pavement and gaining some revenue instead of finding pictures of brickman mowing lawns in the dead of fall with no bagger on
Old 05-02-2011, 04:53 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puddle of Oil View Post
He blew out the clumps before he left.

Skinny, you are blowing this way out of proportion. Who cares if he doesn't bag, its easier(/better) if you don't. I, as well as a ton of other companies around me, don't bag it. I don't understand why this is such a big issue with you?! As long as he blew out the clumps its fine.
I am just trying to help the kid out! jeezzzzzz I would rather bag it and be done with it then run around the whole lawn with a blower and ruin all the stripes.. Shun me for having an opinion and trying to help someone out holy hell.
Old 05-02-2011, 05:02 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Angelo, maybe you should spend some time hitting the pavement and gaining some revenue instead of finding pictures of brickman mowing lawns in the dead of fall with no bagger on
Maybe you are right, my first year on my own and I had about 1.9M in signed contracts... not bad if if say so. Plus I do not need to go find a bunch of pictures of Brickman, I have enough of my own! But ya know what Vinny, as long as I spent on Long Island (about 10 years) never once did I see one of your trucks nor did I ever hear about you or your company, maybe you should go out and hit the pavement yourself....

Guzzo, sorry for this nonsense in your thread, this is supposed to be about your work....

Quote:
I am just trying to help the kid out! jeezzzzzz I would rather bag it and be done with it then run around the whole lawn with a blower and ruin all the stripes.. Shun me for having an opinion and trying to help someone out holy hell.
so by your way of thinking, if I have a customer that wants a paver stone patio, I should install blue stone cause it looks better and I will get more referrals who cares that it cost me more.....