Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 05-02-2011, 05:04 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I have been observing (and working around and close to) large commercial companies in Louisville (Brickman, ValleyCrest, Greenscapes, etc...) for YEARS and I have never once seen anyone bagging grass on 10 acre properties, massive shopping centers, apartments or large road medians!! LOL.... kinda a laughable subject if you ask me.

These guys work on production. Not to say they don't do a quality job on their accounts...but sometimes it's Springtime, it's wet, and the grass gets long. Clumps happen. It's gonna be ok.

www.PerfectEarthLandscape.com

Follow my updates and pictures on Facebook and LawnSite
Old 05-02-2011, 05:41 PM
LawnSite Member

you guys are all right... I will just stop giving a crap about my lawns and only think about productivity and fitting as many in a day as i can. skrew quality right? who needs it when you got clumps all over the place. Sorry but I'd rather keep my quality of work, really can give 2 craps about what brickman does. I dont work for "no complaints" like brickman does i guess... I work for compliments and quality jobs. This is the last time I post on this joke of a website with a suggestion to help someone.. you guys are all like little girls.
Old 05-02-2011, 05:58 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyVinny View Post
you guys are all right... I will just stop giving a crap about my lawns and only think about productivity and fitting as many in a day as i can. skrew quality right? who needs it when you got clumps all over the place. Sorry but I'd rather keep my quality of work, really can give 2 craps about what brickman does. I dont work for "no complaints" like brickman does i guess... I work for compliments and quality jobs. This is the last time I post on this joke of a website with a suggestion to help someone.. you guys are all like little girls.
Its good that you still care about your quality. Some guys simply dont care(not saying that any of the guys previously posted dont) And some guys do care but just do what they get paid for, and thats what i think guzzo is doing, they dont ask/ pay him to bag. honestly i wouldnt bag it either maybe double cut if necessary.

On the other hand its good that you gave some constructive criticism.
Bad Boy ZT 50inch deck.
Stihl FS 90R
Stihl BR550 back pack blower.
Craftsman 208cc Snowblower 26''
Plus miscellaneous equipment

Solo Operation
www.baslawnservice.com
Picture Thread

http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=347985
Old 05-02-2011, 06:13 PM
LawnSite Member

Turns out that leaving the clippings on the turf is actually good for it... And no, it doesn't end up as thatch.

Come on, why the pissing match? Guzzo's work looks pretty good to me. For what it's worth, our company doesn't collect clippings on a single account, and I get all kinds of compliments about the work our maintenance crew does. Give the guy a break.
Old 05-02-2011, 06:52 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyVinny View Post
you guys are all like little girls.
Well... ain't that the pot calling the kettle black.... lol! you are worrying about my post times, who is collecting clippings or not and engaging in argumentative behavior with everyone that does not agree with you... who is the child here?, I suggest you worry about your own business and its growth, how about the time spent here arguing and getting mad, you spend on fixing your website... Please do not start to throw stones cause it is a battle you will not win, good for you worrying about quality on your South Shore Long Island accounts, but if you have never done commercial or high end work then you have nothing to say. When i ran the Greenskeeper in Cold Spring Harbor, we were mostly residential and our average Estate on the North Shore was about 3 - 5 acres, we are talking 10 to 12 million dollar homes, we did not bag unless the customer asked for it and 100% of our properties were award worthy and customers were satisfied!

I gotta say that for a commercial company, Guzzo's work is probably the best i have seen!!
Old 05-02-2011, 07:28 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelo585 View Post
Well... ain't that the pot calling the kettle black.... lol! you are worrying about my post times, who is collecting clippings or not and engaging in argumentative behavior with everyone that does not agree with you... who is the child here?, I suggest you worry about your own business and its growth, how about the time spent here arguing and getting mad, you spend on fixing your website... Please do not start to throw stones cause it is a battle you will not win, good for you worrying about quality on your South Shore Long Island accounts, but if you have never done commercial or high end work then you have nothing to say. When i ran the Greenskeeper in Cold Spring Harbor, we were mostly residential and our average Estate on the North Shore was about 3 - 5 acres, we are talking 10 to 12 million dollar homes, we did not bag unless the customer asked for it and 100% of our properties were award worthy and customers were satisfied!

I gotta say that for a commercial company, Guzzo's work is probably the best i have seen!!
im not worrying about it... trust me.. i made a suggestion to help the kid out and save him some time, your the one who started with the wise cracks and posting pics of brickman as if they are the staple of quality work.. get over it dude.. my business growth is fine thank you and the website is just there to have as most my work comes from referrals, not my website. And shows how on the up and up you are with you long island geography because I service nowhere near the south shore and ALL my work is on the north where I live. They are all upscale homes if you care to take a look.. If you actually looked at my website and the towns I service you would know they are all on the north shore.. Once again, I really don't care to argue with you.. Go run your business and I will run mine. I was throwing out a simple suggestion and said I would not leave one of my customers lawn like that.. Guzzo take it for what you will, and i will say it again hope everything works out for you. Now get your last word in Angelo because I know you will and be done with it, thanks.
Old 05-02-2011, 08:45 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

skinnyvinny stick to residential....you have no idea what the commercial market entails and you're making yourself look like a fool.
(2) steel rakes
(1) plastic rake
(1) electric ryobi trimmer
Old 05-02-2011, 08:57 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KE-llc View Post
skinnyvinny stick to residential....you have no idea what the commercial market entails and you're making yourself look like a fool.
really have no interest in what you have to say dude.. I can handle the commercials I got just fine thanks.
Old 05-03-2011, 07:22 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

good one!! and let me ask you what size your commercials are? Aren't you a solo operation with one mower? I don't think efficient is even in your vocabulary
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 05-03-2011, 07:27 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelo585 View Post

Thanks Angelo, haha i try. But this is the nicest commercials i do. With most of my places i gotta get my guys in and out of the job in fast time. But still making sure everything is nice. With this place we take the time and edge every bed every week. This weekend i will take more pics of my commercial accounts. But i do bag my clippings on a few small commercial such as the few td banks and a car dealership. But for a large place thats nonsense.

2011 extended cab f250
2011 f550

06 c6500
FINN bb302 Bark Blower
06 vermeer bc1000XL 12" chipper
2 salt dogg v- box spreaders
8ftsnow dogg plow

9ft snow dogg plow
/2004 New Holland LS180

20 yrs old