Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 04-29-2000, 07:56 PM
LawnSite Member

I hope this forum gets a lot of replys. I set it up because i have noticed a lot of guys under 20 on here and i want to know more about them.<p>Heres my situation,<br>I am 18 years old, I am going back to work for the same guy as last summer where i made 9 an hour. Hopefully i will make more because i didnt have my licence then. I am putting flyers around my hood for various jobs to do my own thing mabye 1 day a week if I am lucky. The main job i pushed was aerating this time of year. I went down to rent a center and rented on for a day and made a killing! So far I have done 2 new clean ups and they are going to have mulch installed by me too. In October I am going to be in texas, fulfilling my duty to my country(which is more beautiful thanks to u and me!!) Yes, I am going into the airforce but after my 4 years is up all i want to do is landscape!!!<p>The equipment I have now:<br> Craftsman 22 selfpropelled 6 horse rear bag mower- Hope to upgrade to a Ransome 48&quot; If my boss will sell it to me real cheap.<p> Old Shindua F-21 trimmer<p> 86 ford ranger 4x4<p> Thats it for power tools but i have just about every hand tool possible and I am getting a 6 cube 2 wheeled wheelbarrow soon<br> <p>
Old 04-30-2000, 10:20 AM
LawnSite Member

Whoops! I forgot my Husquavarna 45 chainsaw with an 18 inch bar.. how could i do that, its my most prized possesion!!
Old 05-05-2000, 07:52 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

I am 17 years old and have been cutting grass for 5 years the last two years commercially. I have about 37 customers and growing. I still go to school and work about 3 to 9 everyday and all day on Saturday. My equipment is as follows:<br>'95 Ranger<br>5*8 customized trailor w/ signs<br>48&quot; Encore Ztr riding mower<br>Green Machine trimmer<br>Green Machine stick edger<br>Husqy trimmer<br>Echo blower<br>Homelite Hedge trimmer<br>Poulan chainsaw<p>I am also about to get a walk-behind for a back up in a couple of weeks. I love mowing and owning my own business. I love the respect people give me and I just love running my business. <p>LawnWorks<br>Rick Wallace
Old 05-06-2000, 10:32 PM
LawnSite Member

Hey rick, thanks for the reply. You are doing very well keep it up! I just bought an 8 cube 2 wheeler today(not a 6 as i had thought) Im glad i didnt get a 10 cuz i had a tough time getting it up the hills when it was fully loaded.
Old 05-08-2000, 04:12 PM
snow

My name is Bryan and i just turned 15 2 weeks ago. I've had a landscaping business since i was eight. I only have 6 customers this summer because i have a full time job at a summer camp(8-3), and i don't have my drivers liscense.<br>My equipment is;<br>*a 1999 Snapper 21, 6hp, 6 speed, w/ bagger and side dischard attachment(love it)<br>*a 1996 Toro 4.5hp 21&quot; mulcher(hate it, the handle is too low)<br>*a 1998 echo SRM-2100 (love it)<br>* a used 1994(i think)stihl br 400 (got it used when i first started out, love it)<br>*Giant-vac 8hp blower(love it)<br>*little wonder 5hp(ok)<br>*a 1972(i think) ariens 7hp 2 stage snowblower(love it)<br>* snapper single stage snowblower(ok)<p>I'm planning to get a 36&quot; soon, and a new backpack and push leaf blower. Next summer I'm going to get a pickup. I agree with lawnworks, and the level of respect people show towards me for starting a business getting it going for 7 years so far, and i love having my own business.<p>Bryan<br>p.s- you can see a pic of my snowblower in my profile<p>----------<br>&lt;a href=&quot;http://www.snowplow.web.com&quot;&gt;The Snowplow Homepage&lt;/a&gt;<p><p>&lt;font size=&quot;1&quot;&gt;Edited by: snow<br><p><font size="1">Edited by: snow
Old 05-08-2000, 06:12 PM
LawnSite Member

That is very impressive, bryan. I forgot to mention that ive been mowing lawns since i was about 8 or mabye 9 also. Ive been landscaping professionally for 3 years. I did a few jobs for myself here and there since I started but am just now looking for more business, so i guess you can say i just started my own business. Well good luck guys and thanks for the replys
Old 05-09-2000, 10:44 PM
LawnSite Member

My name is Tim and I am 15 years old also. I started my business when I was about 9 or 10. When I first started out I only had a 21&quot; Sensation flip handle an old echo pb400e and an 8 hp Little Wonder push blower and 1 customer. My business has grown a little but I have upgraded equiptment a lot. I now have 7 customers and my equiptment consists of <br>- '94 scag 36&quot; belt drive<br>- '99 stihl br400 backpack<br>- '00 stihl fs85 weedwacker<br>- 2 wheeled 6x8 dump trailer<br>- '87 stihl weedwacker<br>- '87 echo pb400e backpack<br>- '89 Little Wonder push blower<br>- old 21&quot; sensation flip handle mower<br>- bobcat 21&quot; mower<br>- several green barrels and a grass gobbler for my scag<p>
Old 05-11-2000, 11:25 PM

My name is Rich and I'm from New Jersey. I'm am 16. I've been in business for about 6 years and commercaily for about 3 years. A couple of my freinds with trucks work for me and that's how i get around.<p>I currently have around 25 lawn accounts but that number goes up every day. My accounts are 90%residential and 10% commercail. I do more landscape than maintance work. When I'm not doing my own work (which i usually am) i work for another landscaper in town.<p>My equipment is:<p>2-36&quot; exmarks <br>1-48&quot; ransomes<br> -about to buy a 52&quot; scag hydro<br>2-21&quot; push mowers<br>1-push edger<br>1-8 hp giant-vac (buying another next fall)<br>1-stihl br400 backpack<br>1-redmax eb6200 backpack<br>2-echo srm2400 trimmers<br>1-6.5x12' trailer(what's left of it after a little accident a month ago)<br>1-hedge trimmer<br>1-stihl 029 saw<br>-tons of handtools and other misc. stuff<p>Next year when i get my license i plan on getting a nice pickup, a new 16' trailer and a new ztr(probly a lazer or great dane surfer). I'm also probly going to fix up and old chevy mason dump my dad has.
Old 05-26-2000, 05:10 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Matt....I'm in the Air Force for 2 years now and love it....from the same part of the world to....I grew up in CT. Drop me a line man...I'd like to now what job your getting into, etc. <p>----------<br>&quot;guido&quot;<br>David M. Famiglietti
Old 05-29-2000, 03:26 PM
LawnSite Member

Well,since every one else thats still young has posted thought I would to.My name is Tim im 19 and have owned my company for 7 years ,worked with my brother before that,I was home schooled since 3rd grade so that gave me a chance to work from noon on evryday I wanted to.When I started out i had a honda 21&quot; hr214 and a ryobi line trimmer,and a cheap handheld blower.As I picked up more customers I moved up in equipment and now my equipment is as follows:<p>99 F250 diesel<br>2000 60&quot;25hp deluxe dixie chopper flatlander<br>2000 kubota 2400hst 4wd with frontloader,bush hog(slasher),box blade<br>97 36&quot;gravley wb<br>96 40&quot;gravley ztr <br>16ft open trailer<br>99 robin line trimmer<br>99 robin hedge trimmer<br>98 echo stick edger<br>96 echo hedger<br>00 maruama backback<br>97 echo 12&quot; chain saw<br>99 echo chain saw-big<br>99 echo power prunner extendable<br>and some misc. hand tools <p>Tim Campbell,<br>Clean Cut Lawn Care<p>cleancutlawncare@hotmail.com<br><p><font size="1">Edited by: TPC