Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 02-23-2011, 09:32 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ric View Post
Mikey

I believe Bobby Gedd was ban long before you became a member on LS.
That does not mean that I do not know who he is or that I have not had interaction with him Ricky. So like I asked, did that short little man get attacked by some kids that were thinking he was a dwarf.

Providing Lawn Services, Landscape Installations and Solutions and Sod Services in the Oviedo Florida Market

If you aspire to a six-figure income, don't get advice from someone making $18,000 a year!
Old 02-23-2011, 09:37 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Mikey

I believe Bobby Gedd was ban long before you became a member on LS.
That does not mean that I do not know who he is or that I have not had interaction with him Ricky. So like I asked, did that short little man get attacked by some kids that were thinking he was a dwarf?

Providing Lawn Services, Landscape Installations and Solutions and Sod Services in the Oviedo Florida Market

If you aspire to a six-figure income, don't get advice from someone making $18,000 a year!
Old 02-23-2011, 10:37 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by South Florida Lawns View Post
Thats crazy about Disney, bet its from cutbacks.

I have heard some crazy rumors from downstairs about BG being paid to make posts, ya know to stir things up on LS and get ppl posting. he always managed to come back under different names.

Calvin was a great poster, I think he had the post about taking a 36 wb down a set of stairs in a customers gated back yard, only to find out that there was now way to get the mower back up so he left it and had to dissasemble part of the fence or something.

There was another totally crazy member gardepanzer or yardpanzer forget the name he would post threads and you could totally tell when he was on and off his meds.

My fav guys on here was fairway

Fairway and Calvin are the same guy. Actually he has used a dozen different names.

2013 haulmark 18' trailer
2013 John Deere 52' walkbehind
2012 Gator with skid sprayer
2010 Turfco T-3000
2008 JD 997
2006 JD 647a
2004 JD 757 w/ 3 bag & Iron MCS
2002 JD 757 w/ 2 bag MCS
2002 JD 757
Stihl, Echo, Tanka 2 strokes
Big Tex trailers
Tons of other equipment
Old 02-23-2011, 10:39 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

The last time I was at Disney World was in November of 2009. I was more interested in the landscapes than the rides.

2010 Turfco T-3000
2008 JD 997
2006 JD 647a
2002 JD 757 w/ 2 bag MCS
2002 JD 757
Big Tex trailers
Tons of other equipment
Old 02-23-2011, 11:13 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by South Florida Lawns View Post
Thats crazy about Disney, bet its from cutbacks.

I have heard some crazy rumors from downstairs about BG being paid to make posts, ya know to stir things up on LS and get ppl posting. he always managed to come back under different names.

Calvin was a great poster, I think he had the post about taking a 36 wb down a set of stairs in a customers gated back yard, only to find out that there was now way to get the mower back up so he left it and had to dissasemble part of the fence or something.
There was another totally crazy member gardepanzer or yardpanzer forget the name he would post threads and you could totally tell when he was on and off his meds.

My fav guys on here was fairway
Gardenpanzer was Power Reel also and he used a Reel Mower. However his real job was Hydroponic farming a commercially viable crop. His Farm is now located in LEGAL Calf.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLCS View Post
Fairway and Calvin are the same guy. Actually he has used a dozen different names.
DLCS

Yep old Calvin was a real joker, His Mower down the steps thread was published in Turf Magazine I believe. It has been Copied and Pasted all over the Internet.

Quote:
The last time I was at Disney World was in November of 2009. I was more interested in the landscapes than the rides.

Back on Subject::

DLCS

I don't think coming from the Mid West and not knowing Florida Landscape, you can fully appreciate how unkempt Disney World is today Compared to before the Disney Euro bath. At one time a very well trained staff took excellent care of Disney. LS Members like Tim Smith(ATAK) Greg Alman and Marc Smith got excellent hand on training working at Disney World working with a very educated Staff & Management.

"TG doesn't give a rats ass about being "Responsible" as long as sales/production quotas are met. That's it in a nutshell. A recipe for disaster IMO." Ted Putnam 2/28/14

You can lead a Donkey to water but you can't make the Jackass Drink

"As Americans you have the right to be stupid." John Kerry

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.” John Wayne.
Old 02-23-2011, 11:23 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Just had to add

Back in the Late 1960's up until about 10 years ago Disney World was considered the PLACE to work as an apprentice. It did not matter what field you were in, Disney was the PLACE. Many people with College Degrees went work at Disney just so they could put it on a resume. Many of these people went on to very rewarding Professions because of their Disney Experience. No I never had or took the opportunity to learn at Disney World.

"TG doesn't give a rats ass about being "Responsible" as long as sales/production quotas are met. That's it in a nutshell. A recipe for disaster IMO." Ted Putnam 2/28/14

Old 02-23-2011, 11:51 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Ric,

I noticed a couple of years ago that Valley did most of the lawn and landscape maintenance at Disney and their surounding properties, is thats till the case?

2010 Turfco T-3000
2008 JD 997
2006 JD 647a
2002 JD 757 w/ 2 bag MCS
2002 JD 757
Big Tex trailers
Tons of other equipment
Old 02-23-2011, 11:53 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Just had to add

Back in the Late 1960's up until about 10 years ago Disney World was considered the PLACE to work as an apprentice. It did not matter what field you were in, Disney was the PLACE. Many people with College Degrees went work at Disney just so they could put it on a resume. Many of these people went on to very rewarding Professions because of their Disney Experience. No I never had or took the opportunity to learn at Disney World.

I know quite a few from my area who went to Disney after college for internships and to have Disney listed on their resume. One was a proffesional dancer that started his career with Disney.

2010 Turfco T-3000
2008 JD 997
2006 JD 647a
2002 JD 757 w/ 2 bag MCS
2002 JD 757
Big Tex trailers
Tons of other equipment
Old 02-23-2011, 04:10 PM
LawnSite Member

I worked in Disney Pest Management in the early to middle 90's, I was taking care of Port Orleans, Dixie Landings, MGM, and Epcot, also did service calls all over resorts 2nd shift,, as I understand it from some of my buds still working there, they are out sourcing more and more,,people are worried about their jobs,,but hey, when I had it we spared no effort to keep the place looking great! But it turned more and more into do more and more, for less and less,, I saw the writing on the wall and started my own business.
www.YourLandscapePro.com
Boy the stories I could tell,, I should write a book,,,
Old 02-23-2011, 05:31 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
I know quite a few from my area who went to Disney after college for internships and to have Disney listed on their resume. One was a proffesional dancer that started his career with Disney.
DLCS

Yes all professions but those wishing to get into acting or performing really got a break at Disney. I think a internship in the performing arts is still a good ticket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abrightday View Post
I worked in Disney Pest Management in the early to middle 90's, I was taking care of Port Orleans, Dixie Landings, MGM, and Epcot, also did service calls all over resorts 2nd shift,, as I understand it from some of my buds still working there, they are out sourcing more and more,,people are worried about their jobs,,but hey, when I had it we spared no effort to keep the place looking great! But it turned more and more into do more and more, for less and less,, I saw the writing on the wall and started my own business.
www.YourLandscapePro.com
Boy the stories I could tell,, I should write a book,,,
A bright day

Yes a lot people had opportunities at Disney. Some just did not absorb the wonderful knowledge and are still asking questions instead of answering them.