Register free!

Old 02-23-2011, 07:46 PM
LawnSite Member

It's by asking questions I feel others would like to discuss, it brings out more great dialogue from such knowledgeable people as yourself Ric, and I do answer questions also, like telling everyone what I use to treat weeds in St. Augustine,, unlike others I know of. So how about it?? What are you using??
www.YourLandscapePro.com
Old 02-24-2011, 08:01 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Very interesting information here guys thanks. Marc Smith is a great guy and knows his stuff.

I do remember the euro boom lol at Disney thats when I was there last actually. Its been a while.
Old 02-24-2011, 08:36 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by abrightday View Post
It's by asking questions I feel others would like to discuss, it brings out more great dialogue from such knowledgeable people as yourself Ric, and I do answer questions also, like telling everyone what I use to treat weeds in St. Augustine,, unlike others I know of. So how about it?? What are you using??
www.YourLandscapePro.com
A Bright Day

You seem to be missing the point I specialize in controlling weeds that others can't. For example Bermuda and Torpedo Grass in St Augustine. I am not about to give away my trade Secrets that I took years to learn so every Tom Dick and Harry can low ball me. Very Seldom do you even see me post in a thread about selective weed control. Gregory will tell you I will takes those secrets to my grave

OK So hate me for being proprietary about my weed control, But I have put enough information on LS about other subject to more than make up for it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by South Florida Lawns View Post
Very interesting information here guys thanks. Marc Smith is a great guy and knows his stuff.

I do remember the euro boom lol at Disney thats when I was there last actually. Its been a while.

South

Yes Marc Smith is a good guy, But right now he is mad at Lawnsite and refuses to log on. I don't think any one realizes how successful Marc actually is. But Marc would be the last to brag which is typical of people who actually have it. Those who are Broke are the ones Lying (Bragging) about how much they actually DON"T HAVE.

"TG doesn't give a rats ass about being "Responsible" as long as sales/production quotas are met. That's it in a nutshell. A recipe for disaster IMO." Ted Putnam 2/28/14

You can lead a Donkey to water but you can't make the Jackass Drink

"As Americans you have the right to be stupid." John Kerry

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.” John Wayne.
Old 02-24-2011, 08:52 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Anytime I see a post or thread by Marc smith or az gardener, I always read it and usually learn something. What happened with him?
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 02-25-2011, 03:07 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Oh Ric lol Bermuda in St. Augustine is one of my pet peeves. You would make a lot of money in my area these days doing what you do. I have killed off my entire lawn to rid of the nasty looking Sahara Bermuda.
Old 02-25-2011, 09:33 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Oh Ric lol Bermuda in St. Augustine is one of my pet peeves. You would make a lot of money in my area these days doing what you do. I have killed off my entire lawn to rid of the nasty looking Sahara Bermuda.
Killing off like a third of mine now to rid it of bermuda too. The lawn overall is in good shape especially considering it was a rental for years before we purchased the home....but of course anytime it seems I feed the SA - the Bermuda take more advantage of the fert than the SA and spreads just a little further.

Providing Lawn Services, Landscape Installations and Solutions and Sod Services in the Oviedo Florida Market

If you aspire to a six-figure income, don't get advice from someone making $18,000 a year!
Old 02-25-2011, 09:43 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Disney employs between 600-800 people for grounds maintenance depending on season...they also grow all their own materials...there is a "backstage" tour you can take of the nursey and groundskeeping facilities...pretty impressive i must say...for a theme park.
Old 02-25-2011, 11:24 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
South

I am on the Gulf Coast of Florida, But like the old TV Show and for the right price.

HAVE SPRAY GUN WILL TRAVEL

wire Ric SW Fla.

"TG doesn't give a rats ass about being "Responsible" as long as sales/production quotas are met. That's it in a nutshell. A recipe for disaster IMO." Ted Putnam 2/28/14

Old 02-26-2011, 04:17 PM
LawnSite Member

Hey Ric, no one hates you,, I just keep on trying,,thanks for all your input!!
Old 02-26-2011, 04:26 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by abrightday View Post
Hey Ric, no one hates you,, I just keep on trying,,thanks for all your input!!
Adullday

Trust me I could care less if you or anyone else hates me. But You might want to reserve a place in line to Piss on my grave. I believe spot # 434 is still open.