Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 02-22-2011, 06:31 PM
LawnSite Member

Answering Services

Anybody used an answering service that you could recommend? Too many calls to pick up myself in the field and not enough to justify a secretary.

There's a boat load of these services out there, just trying to find out which ones are reputable.

Brick Paver & Concrete Cleaning, Sealing and Maintenance
Old 02-22-2011, 08:45 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

I forget the name if mine at the moment, but if you search google for $1 answering service you will find it.

They charge $1 per call. Works well for me. They take the name and number, read a script you write to the customer, and forward their information to you. You can even set it up so different types of calls get different script, i.e if they ask for you personally vs. a general sales inquiry.
Old 02-22-2011, 11:01 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Look into. Onebox.com. The bad- they are not 24/7. And they are a little expensive than most

The good....instead of having a large call center answer your calla with 1000 persons, onebox uses a "team" of 6-7 people that handle all the calls for your business as well as a few others. As a result they receive higher training on exactly what you want them to say, your customers have pretty good odds of speaking to the same person, the same voice which brings a level of personal service to your customers. They will record the calls and send those to you, and if you have a system like service auto pilot, or a website that takes "job lead info" they will enter the items into your system...thus Savin you data entry time
Posted via Mobile Device