Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 09-18-2012, 08:43 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mowcrazy View Post
WOW, I just stumbled across this forum on accident and all I can say is Mr. Saunders you do amazing work!!!

Here is a question for you though, do you ever get up on the roof and do this on foot or is it always from the bucket truck. Some of those houses seem like from the driveway it would be hard to get every bit of it from the bucket truck even though its a monster!!!! Im very interested!! Once again great work!!!!
Thank you for the kind words. The bucket truck comes in very hand for many jobs, yet there are always some that require walking the roof or treating the roof from a ladder. Where possible though, the lift provides an easy way to get there.

I dug up the pics below where the lift wasn't much use other than signage while on the job. The whole roof was a mess and was treated while walking on it, as well as from the ground for the mansard sections. The 'after' picture was taken immediately after the job. (This job included soft washing the house, stripping the deck and power washing the porch. We were very pleased with the results and so was the HO.)

Should you decide to jump in to the business, feel free to give me a call. My buddy from NY, RLee (posted above) did and things have worked out quite well I believe.

(RLee - Lets catch up this Fall!)
Attached Images

Old 09-18-2012, 04:36 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roof Cleaning Virginia View Post
Thank you for the kind words. The bucket truck comes in very hand for many jobs, yet there are always some that require walking the roof or treating the roof from a ladder. Where possible though, the lift provides an easy way to get there.

I dug up the pics below where the lift wasn't much use other than signage while on the job. The whole roof was a mess and was treated while walking on it, as well as from the ground for the mansard sections. The 'after' picture was taken immediately after the job. (This job included soft washing the house, stripping the deck and power washing the porch. We were very pleased with the results and so was the HO.)

Should you decide to jump in to the business, feel free to give me a call. My buddy from NY, RLee (posted above) did and things have worked out quite well I believe.

(RLee - Lets catch up this Fall!)

Im probably going to take you up in that offer if you don't mind. In my area I have NEVER seen an outfit or person doing this and Im out driving every day around here. I talked with my uncle about this today and just for giggles we started driving around. To say the least, there is a huge need for this type of business in this area..... Im going to wait until after mowing season to bug you but Im going to wright some notes down of questions Im going to have and give you a shout soon. Im quite the go-getter and this looks like something I may dive into....

Once again thanks, and as for the last picture above, once again AMAZING!!
Old 09-18-2012, 07:40 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Im probably going to take you up in that offer if you don't mind. In my area I have NEVER seen an outfit or person doing this and Im out driving every day around here. I talked with my uncle about this today and just for giggles we started driving around. To say the least, there is a huge need for this type of business in this area..... Im going to wait until after mowing season to bug you but Im going to wright some notes down of questions Im going to have and give you a shout soon. Im quite the go-getter and this looks like something I may dive into....

Once again thanks, and as for the last picture above, once again AMAZING!!
Sounds like a plan! Here are a few more:
Attached Images

Old 09-18-2012, 07:42 PM
LawnSite Member

A couple more:
Attached Images

Old 09-18-2012, 07:44 PM
LawnSite Member

And a couple more....
Attached Images

Old 09-21-2012, 10:30 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Once again Mr. Saunders AMAZING......

Listen, if you don't mind i may call you a little earlier than expected......

I mow/landscape in a gated community where I take care of 20 mowing accounts weekly. For the most part these are older folks that meet me at the door with a mint or glass of Tea. sounds nice but you would be surprised at how hard it is to get work done when you have 20 ole ladies to dodge trying to get home by a certain time... LOL

Anyways, 4 of the homes that I mow in the community have cruddy looking shingles. Of the 4 homes 3 of them had someone home. I brought it to there attention that I was thinkin about starting into this business. I explained what I could do just to see if they would be interested. Remember im just seeing just how many folks would really be interested in this service. EVERY ONE OF THEM ARE INTERESTED AND NOT ONLY THAT VERY EXCITED TO HERE IT CAN BE DONE! Just like me, I had no idea this could even be done.

Let me know when you may have some free time. I absolutely do not want to be a bother you!! but im thinkin of diving into this. Thanks for your time!!
Old 09-22-2012, 12:07 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Once again Mr. Saunders AMAZING......

Listen, if you don't mind i may call you a little earlier than expected......

I mow/landscape in a gated community where I take care of 20 mowing accounts weekly. For the most part these are older folks that meet me at the door with a mint or glass of Tea. sounds nice but you would be surprised at how hard it is to get work done when you have 20 ole ladies to dodge trying to get home by a certain time... LOL

Anyways, 4 of the homes that I mow in the community have cruddy looking shingles. Of the 4 homes 3 of them had someone home. I brought it to there attention that I was thinkin about starting into this business. I explained what I could do just to see if they would be interested. Remember im just seeing just how many folks would really be interested in this service. EVERY ONE OF THEM ARE INTERESTED AND NOT ONLY THAT VERY EXCITED TO HERE IT CAN BE DONE! Just like me, I had no idea this could even be done.

Let me know when you may have some free time. I absolutely do not want to be a bother you!! but im thinkin of diving into this. Thanks for your time!!

Feel free to fall me any time. If I can answer, I will, otherwise I'll call you back.
Old 09-28-2012, 08:54 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Hey Ted! How are you doing this year bud? Hope you are spraying 4 a day. We have done really well with roof cleaning. So well, in fact, that we are going out of business.

I know that sounds strange, let me explain. My company does everything. Too much actually. Landscaping, lawn care, tree trimming, water features, plowing, pressure washing, roof cleaning, etc etc.

Well, house washing and roof cleaning have done so well that it doesn't make sense to keep my other services. I have very little competition with spraying, yet there is a landscaper on every corner. So with dropping our other service, our name doesn't really fit anymore.

So, we have chosen a new name, and are currently getting all the legal stuff done to open up.

I have been working out of my house with the landscaping, but have now gotten a shop for the new business.

Ted, I have to say that our conversations saved me a whole bunch of headaches and oops time. I really owe you one......or fifty.

If I have any time this weekend, I will put some before and after's together to post. We have done nearly 100 roofs this year!

THANKS AGAIN!

RIP SFC Hall, SGT Forest, CPL Pautsch.I will never forget you guys!

I am the Infantry! Follow me!
Old 10-01-2012, 07:45 AM
LawnSite Member

Ryan! I smiled ear to ear as I read your post. That's great news! I'm looking forward to following your thread with those before and after pictures that you've mentioned.

I'll post some more as well here before too long.
Old 10-02-2012, 09:23 PM
LawnSite Member

Here's a before and after that was part of an impromptu demo for a property manager. She received a copy for reference and to keep our contact info handy.
Attached Images

Tags
fairfax , northern virginia , roof cleaning , virginia