Register free!


Reply
 
Thread Tools   Display Modes
  #1  
Old 02-25-2011, 02:20 PM
mnfrogman mnfrogman is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: minneapolis, mn
Posts: 2
Toro Dingo Models

I am trying to determine which model dingo to buy. I am planning to go with a wheeled model rather than track (cheaper to buy and maintain). I am considering the 200 series, which is two wheel drive. Anyone have one and can share experience? Can I do light digging with it? (dirt/sand) Can I push a four foot plow with it? Or is there not enough traction? Primarily I build decks and fences, so the attachments and light digging is what I need, but I might also use it for sidewalks in the winter. Anyone can share? Thanks a ton for any advice!
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 02-25-2011, 04:45 PM
BrandonV's Avatar
BrandonV BrandonV is offline
LawnSite Gold Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Asheboro, NC
Posts: 3,681
ditch witch zahn
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 02-26-2011, 11:34 PM
White Gardens's Avatar
White Gardens White Gardens is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Bloomington IL
Posts: 6,779
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrandonV View Post
ditch witch zahn
Good call.

Dingos might have been one of if not the first mini on the market, but there are so many different companies with better models than the wheeled Dingo.
__________________
White Gardens On Facebook.......WG Thread......Greencare For Troops......... mywhitegardens.com(under construction)

2005- Completion of University of Illinois Master Gardner's Program.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 02-26-2011, 11:39 PM
White Gardens's Avatar
White Gardens White Gardens is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Bloomington IL
Posts: 6,779
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrandonV View Post
ditch witch zahn
Good call.

Dingos might have been one of if not the first mini on the market, but there are so many different companies with better models than the wheeled Dingo.
__________________
White Gardens On Facebook.......WG Thread......Greencare For Troops......... mywhitegardens.com(under construction)

2005- Completion of University of Illinois Master Gardner's Program.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 03-01-2011, 09:12 PM
Cape Atlantic Landscaping's Avatar
Cape Atlantic Landscaping Cape Atlantic Landscaping is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Cape May, New Jersey
Posts: 37
no matter what company's mini loader you decide to get a deisal unit would be the best choice. You can do alot more and it will last alot more work hours.
more power is always better. We currently own a 20 horse kubota deisal unit (Kanga ) and love it.
If you live in an area with muddy or super sandy situations a track machine might be better
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 03-01-2011, 09:29 PM
White Gardens's Avatar
White Gardens White Gardens is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Bloomington IL
Posts: 6,779
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Atlantic Landscaping View Post
no matter what company's mini loader you decide to get a deisal unit would be the best choice. You can do alot more and it will last alot more work hours.
more power is always better. We currently own a 20 horse kubota deisal unit (Kanga ) and love it.
If you live in an area with muddy or super sandy situations a track machine might be better
I agree with the track opinion.

I would have to disagree (and I'm sure a lottttt of people on here will think I'm an idiot) with having a diesel unit and I'll explain.

I have a 27 horse Kohler in my S600TX and yes it is a little wussy compared to the 27 horse Kubota that Vermeer offers, but not once have I ever wished that I needed more power.

The 27 horse kohler hasn't let me down, and the only thing that I wished I had was the mini to weigh more so I could move pallets, but a forkster is my next purchase or build to solve that problem.

Now, I will say in all fairness that if my motor goes on me at any point, I will be replacing it with a newer 36 horse Kohler just to upgrade it.
__________________
White Gardens On Facebook.......WG Thread......Greencare For Troops......... mywhitegardens.com(under construction)

2005- Completion of University of Illinois Master Gardner's Program.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 03-02-2011, 12:47 PM
land_scaper70's Avatar
land_scaper70 land_scaper70 is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Up State, NY
Posts: 107
here is one I just found on Craigslist, though it seem to be a little far from you.

http://hudsonvalley.craigslist.org/grd/2242769933.html
__________________
SHOW ME A MAN WHO LIKES TO LOSE, I WILL SHOW YOU A GUY PLAYING GOLF WITH HIS BOSS.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 03-10-2011, 09:52 AM
mnfrogman mnfrogman is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: minneapolis, mn
Posts: 2
Thanks everyone for all the info. I am a huge diesel fan, but I am looking at used units and would prefer to keep the price low and I also like to do my own maintenance - which is much easier on a gas unit.

Anyone have a small unit for sale? I am open to wheeled or tracked units now, I have learned enough to know that a wheeled unit would suit my needs now, although I see the need for a track unit in the future.

One other question - for you guys who run Kanga - where do you get parts/service?

Thanks again
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 03-10-2011, 10:00 AM
Landrus2's Avatar
Landrus2 Landrus2 is offline
LawnSite Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Big apple
Posts: 4,694
Quote:
Originally Posted by mnfrogman View Post
Thanks everyone for all the info. I am a huge diesel fan, but I am looking at used units and would prefer to keep the price low and I also like to do my own maintenance - which is much easier on a gas unit.

Anyone have a small unit for sale? I am open to wheeled or tracked units now, I have learned enough to know that a wheeled unit would suit my needs now, although I see the need for a track unit in the future.

One other question - for you guys who run Kanga - where do you get parts/service?

Thanks again
Look at bibado auctions on ebay they sell lots of them
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 03-11-2011, 06:26 PM
White Gardens's Avatar
White Gardens White Gardens is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Bloomington IL
Posts: 6,779
Check your local Vermeer dealer too and see what they have in stock.

That will keep your price down some, and you would be able to get a quality unit.
__________________
White Gardens On Facebook.......WG Thread......Greencare For Troops......... mywhitegardens.com(under construction)

2005- Completion of University of Illinois Master Gardner's Program.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
auger , dingo , mt52

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump






Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©1998 - 2012, LawnSite.comô - Moose River Media
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:03 AM.

Page generated in 0.09478 seconds with 7 queries