Register free!

Old 02-25-2011, 02:20 PM
LawnSite Member

Toro Dingo Models

I am trying to determine which model dingo to buy. I am planning to go with a wheeled model rather than track (cheaper to buy and maintain). I am considering the 200 series, which is two wheel drive. Anyone have one and can share experience? Can I do light digging with it? (dirt/sand) Can I push a four foot plow with it? Or is there not enough traction? Primarily I build decks and fences, so the attachments and light digging is what I need, but I might also use it for sidewalks in the winter. Anyone can share? Thanks a ton for any advice!
Old 02-25-2011, 04:45 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

ditch witch zahn
Old 02-26-2011, 11:34 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrandonV View Post
ditch witch zahn
Good call.

Dingos might have been one of if not the first mini on the market, but there are so many different companies with better models than the wheeled Dingo.

2005- Completion of University of Illinois Master Gardner's Program.
Old 02-26-2011, 11:39 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrandonV View Post
ditch witch zahn
Good call.

Dingos might have been one of if not the first mini on the market, but there are so many different companies with better models than the wheeled Dingo.

Old 03-01-2011, 09:12 PM
LawnSite Member

no matter what company's mini loader you decide to get a deisal unit would be the best choice. You can do alot more and it will last alot more work hours.
more power is always better. We currently own a 20 horse kubota deisal unit (Kanga ) and love it.
If you live in an area with muddy or super sandy situations a track machine might be better
Old 03-01-2011, 09:29 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Atlantic Landscaping View Post
no matter what company's mini loader you decide to get a deisal unit would be the best choice. You can do alot more and it will last alot more work hours.
more power is always better. We currently own a 20 horse kubota deisal unit (Kanga ) and love it.
If you live in an area with muddy or super sandy situations a track machine might be better
I agree with the track opinion.

I would have to disagree (and I'm sure a lottttt of people on here will think I'm an idiot) with having a diesel unit and I'll explain.

I have a 27 horse Kohler in my S600TX and yes it is a little wussy compared to the 27 horse Kubota that Vermeer offers, but not once have I ever wished that I needed more power.

The 27 horse kohler hasn't let me down, and the only thing that I wished I had was the mini to weigh more so I could move pallets, but a forkster is my next purchase or build to solve that problem.

Now, I will say in all fairness that if my motor goes on me at any point, I will be replacing it with a newer 36 horse Kohler just to upgrade it.

Old 03-02-2011, 12:47 PM
LawnSite Member

here is one I just found on Craigslist, though it seem to be a little far from you.

http://hudsonvalley.craigslist.org/grd/2242769933.html
Old 03-10-2011, 09:52 AM
LawnSite Member

Thanks everyone for all the info. I am a huge diesel fan, but I am looking at used units and would prefer to keep the price low and I also like to do my own maintenance - which is much easier on a gas unit.

Anyone have a small unit for sale? I am open to wheeled or tracked units now, I have learned enough to know that a wheeled unit would suit my needs now, although I see the need for a track unit in the future.

One other question - for you guys who run Kanga - where do you get parts/service?

Thanks again
Old 03-10-2011, 10:00 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnfrogman View Post
Thanks everyone for all the info. I am a huge diesel fan, but I am looking at used units and would prefer to keep the price low and I also like to do my own maintenance - which is much easier on a gas unit.

Anyone have a small unit for sale? I am open to wheeled or tracked units now, I have learned enough to know that a wheeled unit would suit my needs now, although I see the need for a track unit in the future.

One other question - for you guys who run Kanga - where do you get parts/service?

Thanks again
Look at bibado auctions on ebay they sell lots of them
Old 03-11-2011, 06:26 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Check your local Vermeer dealer too and see what they have in stock.

That will keep your price down some, and you would be able to get a quality unit.

Tags
auger , dingo , mt52