Register free!

Old 02-27-2011, 01:46 PM
LawnSite Member

Got my attention. . .
Old 02-27-2011, 02:09 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Still just fishing

An important point to make this work is LOCATION LOCATION LOCATION. I am half way between Marco Island and Tampa. Therefore that would be the starting Market area. In Fact because of Tampa/St Pete size I might want to either stay away completely or move operations to that area. But let us say from Palmetto to Marco Island and inland to Hwy 27 would be the starting Market area. If I were to move, I would rather Move closer to the Miami Area to be closer to my grown Children. Sorry Central and North Florida.

"TG doesn't give a rats ass about being "Responsible" as long as sales/production quotas are met. That's it in a nutshell. A recipe for disaster IMO." Ted Putnam 2/28/14

You can lead a Donkey to water but you can't make the Jackass Drink

"As Americans you have the right to be stupid." John Kerry

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.” John Wayne.
Old 02-27-2011, 02:27 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjlco View Post
I'd be interested in some more details, as you work them out. The way I understand: anyone buying in would be part owners (so up to 8?), of this corp. And they would be working under your license for the 2 or 3 years, then sit for state test? Now as part owners and applicators, we upsell our current customers to " Ric's lawn spraying " (just a random name), which we are part owners of. Then we would get a % back based on sales? That would have to be a step program I'd guess based on individual sales. After sitting for the state test though, most of the part owners may want to sell there part. At this point I would think they would want all the money from their customers. What would happen then?
tjlco

You would be an employee of a company you owned stock in.

You would be the account manager for your route. As such you would get a percentage of each job you treated as a Employee. You would also get a Percentage of Profit as a owner in the form of a Dividend check. Of course all insurances and Licensing etc are paid by the company. Any equipment you purchased for use by you as an employee, would also be Leased or rented from you by the company as per Chapter 482 BEPC. You would also use your own truck and be paid for it's expenses, Once again Chapter 482 BEPC.

Chapter 482 and 5-E-14 are very strict about Rent A License and make several laws we can not get around. If this was easy everyone would be doing it.

Let me add you can still Legally put down fertilizer and treat Shrubs under your own business. But Insect Fungus and weed control in turf must be done and billed through your Commercial Pesticide employer.

"TG doesn't give a rats ass about being "Responsible" as long as sales/production quotas are met. That's it in a nutshell. A recipe for disaster IMO." Ted Putnam 2/28/14

Old 02-27-2011, 02:36 PM
LawnSite Member

liquid fert you need a lisc to apply, right?
Old 02-27-2011, 03:35 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by TYCINC View Post
liquid fert you need a lisc to apply, right?
TYCINC

Yes you need a license in many counties to apply fert of any kind. But there is no special license for liquid fert. What you might run into is new Fertilizer ordinances that negate liquid fert that isn't 50% slow release.

I still use some Liquid fert. Not because it is always the best Agronomics. but because it is too easy to throw a Bag in my tank instead of pushing a spreader. A good slow release granular is always going to give a more even supply of food to a plant. Liquid might give a nice Boom but it is soon followed by a Big Bust. I admit it is a DO AS I SAY, NOT AS I DO.

Old 02-27-2011, 04:38 PM
LawnSite Member

Business wise we are interested. But we are located in East central FL. Always wanted to be a true one stop shop. We get asked about spay jobs and we always pass them on for a kick back!
Old 02-27-2011, 05:32 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tri-City Outdoors View Post
Business wise we are interested. But we are located in East central FL. Always wanted to be a true one stop shop. We get asked about spay jobs and we always pass them on for a kick back!
Tri City

Business wise I am not interested in risking My Certification by having people doing unsupervised work. We are just to far away for it to work. I have always enjoyed Teaching or Training people. That is my goal here. If I just wanted to play rent A license then you would be no problem, just another income check each month. Trust me there are many CPO who will do it. The Miami / Ft Liquiordale area is famous for Rent A License.

Old 02-27-2011, 05:48 PM
LawnSite Member

I would absolutely be interested. Located in CC/FM area.
Old 02-27-2011, 06:20 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by extremepms View Post
I would absolutely be interested. Located in CC/FM area.
extremepms

You are in the right area and your market should be big enough to support several techs.

If I get enough interest I will hold a meeting on some Sunday afternoon when most people can attend. I want people who have been in the industry for a while with Established accounts lists and want to be fully professional. Newbie need not apply I am only capable of so much Patience with a newbie. Also be ready to do a lot of reading.

Old 02-27-2011, 06:33 PM
LawnSite Member

Ric read between the lines. Your proposal logical! But would not work for us because of location. We Do not want a rent-a-B.S. Right now we think we could sell the work. But instead we pass it on.
If you are fishing well then I am a throwback. You caught me but I'm not a keeper!

"I have always enjoyed Teaching or Training people." Well, I have always enjoyed learning from someone who knows their trade. whatever it is, Lawn tech,plumber, or butt scratch-er.

We always do stuff legal! Would never want to offer a service or preform a service unless we can provide 100% satisfaction. (do know it, don't do it).
As a goal "one day" we want to be a TOTAL one stop shop. Say 10, maybe 15 or 20 years from now. Maybe never! If I had a part of a 3rd business that was profitable. (A "learning partner" in a spray service venture)
I know this dose mean paying the dues, learning the trade properly, Under a skilled teacher.