Register free!

Old 02-27-2011, 06:50 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tri-City Outdoors View Post
Ric read between the lines. Your proposal logical! But would not work for us because of location. We Do not want a rent-a-B.S. Right now we think we could sell the work. But instead we pass it on.
If you are fishing well then I am a throwback. You caught me but I'm not a keeper!

"I have always enjoyed Teaching or Training people." Well, I have always enjoyed learning from someone who knows their trade. whatever it is, Lawn tech,plumber, or butt scratch-er.

We always do stuff legal! Would never want to offer a service or preform a service unless we can provide 100% satisfaction. (do know it, don't do it).
As a goal "one day" we want to be a TOTAL one stop shop. Say 10, maybe 15 or 20 years from now. Maybe never! If I had a part of a 3rd business that was profitable. (A "learning partner" in a spray service venture)
I know this dose mean paying the dues, learning the trade properly, Under a skilled teacher.
Tri City

I too am sorry we are so far apart since you appear to have the right attitude and experience. But to be less than honest with you or anyone is futile. Maybe someone in your area can offer the same thing or close to it.

"TG doesn't give a rats ass about being "Responsible" as long as sales/production quotas are met. That's it in a nutshell. A recipe for disaster IMO." Ted Putnam 2/28/14

You can lead a Donkey to water but you can't make the Jackass Drink

"As Americans you have the right to be stupid." John Kerry

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.” John Wayne.
Old 03-01-2011, 09:11 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

figured I would bump this up and see how your new corporation is going. I have to say, anyone interested in get their certificate and expanding their business this may be a great opportunity if all parties can come up with a way to make it work.
Old 03-01-2011, 09:44 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

Ric, good luck with your proposal.
Personally I can see where with your tutelage a program such as you are offering could very easily be quite profitable while ensuring quality trained applicators are available.
On a side note I plan to be in Fl, specifically Frostproof in September attending the IDPA Nationals - still interested in hoisting a few beers after the competition. Let's stay in touch and I'll let you know the final details in an email.
Steve
Old 03-01-2011, 11:49 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by fl-landscapes View Post
figured I would bump this up and see how your new corporation is going. I have to say, anyone interested in get their certificate and expanding their business this may be a great opportunity if all parties can come up with a way to make it work.
Fl Land

It is going kind of like I figured, not real promising. But this isn't the first time I have made offers like this. AND this isn't the first time people showed how lazy they were because they had to do some work. They would rather complain about the Licensing Laws.

Quote:
Originally Posted by txgrassguy View Post
Ric, good luck with your proposal.
Personally I can see where with your tutelage a program such as you are offering could very easily be quite profitable while ensuring quality trained applicators are available.
On a side note I plan to be in Fl, specifically Frostproof in September attending the IDPA Nationals - still interested in hoisting a few beers after the competition. Let's stay in touch and I'll let you know the final details in an email.
Steve

Steve

I don't think people realize what a deal I am offering. They think I will make big money when in fact I earn every peanut.

I am a 2 to 2 1/2 hour drive from Frostproof Fla. But we have some great interstates. I got your E mail and Cell Phone # as you have mine. It is not hard to touch.

"TG doesn't give a rats ass about being "Responsible" as long as sales/production quotas are met. That's it in a nutshell. A recipe for disaster IMO." Ted Putnam 2/28/14

Old 03-08-2011, 08:35 PM
LawnSite Member

Any new updates Ric? Why would more people not be interested in this!
Old 03-08-2011, 09:48 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

i am suprised ric hasnt had more people biting on this. you can learn a ton from ric. i myself have learned alot from him.
Old 03-09-2011, 12:14 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregory View Post
i am suprised ric hasnt had more people biting on this. you can learn a ton from ric. i myself have learned alot from him.
Karl

Every year or so myself and Tim Smith in Orlando area make this offer. While we make it as an honest offer we have yet to have a big response. I did set up one Lawnsite member to work with Tim because he was in Tim's area or Orlando. ProMo not only passed the CPO Test, but had the highest score on that test date.

You remember when I taught at Edison College, so Teaching is not a problem with me and I enjoy it. In fact The teacher in me comes out on Lawnsite. But either People are not taking my offer serious, or they are Too Dam Lazy to put forward the effort. I call this the Lawn Boy syndrome because they would rather B!tch about Florida's pesticide laws than get off their a$$ and do something about it. If I had this offered to me I would pursue it with everything I had.

When I realize you are a homeowner who has studied and knows more about Lawn care than the average lawn boy and answer their questions, I really get mad about our Carl Spackler image. But at the same time I can not educate every Lawn boy, so I will only take on those who qualify. That mean someone who has been in the business with a successful track record. The Newbie start up with 5 customers is only going to waste my time and never get a license.

So once again I made the offer and once again no takers. I have not gotten so much as one PM asking questions

Old 03-09-2011, 01:14 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Ric,
I would take you up on the offer but I'm already working with Tim. I have been with him for a year now and can't believe just how much there is to learn. I read about these people from the northern states who just say one day out of the blue they want to offer pest control and I just can't see how they can do justice to their customers. If you get up to our area let me know, I'd like to meet you someday.
Old 03-09-2011, 10:57 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnagain View Post
Ric,
I would take you up on the offer but I'm already working with Tim. I have been with him for a year now and can't believe just how much there is to learn. I read about these people from the northern states who just say one day out of the blue they want to offer pest control and I just can't see how they can do justice to their customers. If you get up to our area let me know, I'd like to meet you someday.
John

Thanks for you acknowledgement that we are serious about our offer. I should ask Fl Landscape to do the same since he is only a year or so away from taking his CPO test.

Yep Tim has said your name but this is our first meeting. You took ProMo's Place after he Passed the L&O. You are lucky because you are being inducted into the Good Old Boys Club the easy way. You keep your business and income and only have to put forth the effort to Help Tim Help you. I paid big money and Time going back to college etc to get my CPO and here I am wanting to give away all that knowledge. There are Yard Boys and There are Businessmen. You are a Businessman who sees the future.

Old 03-09-2011, 11:25 AM
LawnSite Member

I follow this thread with great interest and a wee bit of skepticism. Good luck Ric.
Ric