Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 02-26-2011, 10:05 PM
LawnSite Member

Pace Summit

Is a 06 8x20 summit 3500# axles worth $3,500. There is a tear in the front from a dump truck and it needs new tires but the rest looks in decent shape for age. Its somewhat covered by snow so I can't test the side door and he wont move it or hook it up to test brakes or lights. Its as is where is. Is it worth the chance that it will need new brakes and electrical work and maybe some work on the side door?
Old 02-27-2011, 03:10 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

If the seller isn't willing to move it or hook it up to test the lights/brakes, then I'd assume that something is wrong. For all you know, the brakes could be locked up or an axle could be broken. Maybe the wood on the inside has water damage and the wood needs to be replaced. Unless you are able to varify that everything works or at least see what is good and what needs work/to be replaced. "AS IS" offer the guy $1000.

I've sold enough things (not trailers) but when the buyer comes to look at whatever I'm selling, I want them to know everything I do about the item. I want them to be able to do everything they want with it. I don't want to hide anything from the buyer, I want them to know exactly what they are buying.
John Deere walkbehind
81"x18' trailer
Stihl handhelds
Old 02-27-2011, 08:22 PM
LawnSite Member

It costs $1500 for complete tandem axle setups with rims and rubber. The wood is good I can see that. The trailer goes for $7600 new near me after taxes.