Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 04-29-2012, 12:05 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriot Services View Post
Oh your gonna have fun with a CL ad for help. I suggest not putting your phone number in and requiring them to email a resume instead. If they can't handle that simple task they should already be eliminated. I was amazed at the poor writing skills of the replies I received. i know we're not looking for scholars but hitting the spell check should be a minimum. You'll need to post some of the humorous ones here.
I agree, maybe put some simple math problems to reply to as well. Ex: Mark a line on the bucket where you would fill to if I ask you to fill it 2/3 full of water.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 04-29-2012, 11:35 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

got about 12 calls/emails from my add on craigslist for a part time helper. going to set a day this week to interview and test the skills of a few of them.

i should find out tommorrow if i get the contract for a small apartment complex and it will need to be cut this week. would be a perfect job to test out a few new guys.

i wore one of my good polos today, i took the wife and her godchild to the zoo. had a guy stop and ask me for a business card and asked if i would come give him a price for weekly full-service on two car washes he owns. he said he had seen me around working, but didnt want to stop and bother me while i was working. things are definitly turning in the right direction.

my garbage find from Friday night. was on my way home and spotted this push mower sitting by the street. picked it up and brought it home. put gas in it yesterday morning and it started on the second pull. just needs a tune up and a new rear drive tire.
Attached Images

Landscape Contractors
Louisiana Licensed: Landscape/Horticulturist, Commercial Ground Applicator, Arborist, Irrigation Contractor, Utility Arborist

Onsite Sandbagging, Palletized Sandbags & Bulk Totes, Emergency Response, Erosion & StormWater Barriers
Old 04-30-2012, 01:21 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Dang, I wish I could find a Snapper 21" in the trash!!

This thread is plum full of WIN!!!
Old 04-30-2012, 01:28 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

Freaking great find man.
Old 04-30-2012, 07:58 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

am i the only one who worries that when they see good stuff like that on the side of the road, that the owner left it there while he was grabbing another cold one inside to finish the job when he comes back?
Old 04-30-2012, 08:18 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by deerewashed View Post
am i the only one who worries that when they see good stuff like that on the side of the road, that the owner left it there while he was grabbing another cold one inside to finish the job when he comes back?
Not when it was 10pm and there was a garbage can sitting on each side of it.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 04-30-2012, 11:24 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

That would really suck if that did happen though. I don't know many people who cut their lawns at 10pm, unless they're nocturnal...
Old 04-30-2012, 01:49 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by deerewashed View Post
Nope...I always think that also!!
Old 05-01-2012, 09:58 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Been a great week so far. Found out today I got the contract for the small apartment complex I bid on a few months back. Easy cutting account bringing in $1000.00 a month year round. My moms boss is going in half with me on a new tractor than the two older fords we have. Its an 04' New Holland Tn65 2wd. 65hp and 52hp @ the Pto.

Landscape Contractors
Louisiana Licensed: Landscape/Horticulturist, Commercial Ground Applicator, Arborist, Irrigation Contractor, Utility Arborist

Onsite Sandbagging, Palletized Sandbags & Bulk Totes, Emergency Response, Erosion & StormWater Barriers
Old 05-01-2012, 10:03 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrayzKajun View Post
Been a great week so far. Found out today I got the contract for the small apartment complex I bid on a few months back. Easy cutting account bringing in $1000.00 a month year round. My moms boss is going in half with me on a new tractor than the two older fords we have. Its an 04' New Holland Tn65 2wd. 65hp and 52hp @ the Pto.
Nice hows the walker working for you?