Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 06-01-2012, 06:44 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by CountryCare View Post
Whats your new company? I see you got your ISA arborist cert what are you planning to do with that? I am getting into the tree care industry and would love to her what your thinking of doing.
The new company involves doin stormwater and erosion construction/management.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 06-01-2012, 06:59 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

thats where the big money is at bro. my excavation income is easily 3 times what my landscape income is then again ive been doing excavation longer than maintenence.

foundations and septic systems. big money...
Old 06-01-2012, 08:33 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

This is the route I plan to follow with my new endeavor. been doing a lot of research on the Stormwater, Erosion and Sediment management. Seems there is a real market for that stuff especially down south in my area. Not only in residential/commercial developments, but in industrial and coastal/wetland restoration. I'm working on a couple of certifications through the state of louisiana and the EPA. I'm drawing up a business plan to work off of. Goal is to start small with stormwater/retention pond repairs & maintenance, drainage installs/repairs and construction site erosion control. Then eventually evolve into a full scale Stormwater/Erosion System design & development.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 06-01-2012, 09:29 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrayzKajun View Post
90% of my work is on the Westbank, with a few landscape jobs on the eastbank and northshore. This year has definitly been a blessing, i have enough work to keep myself and my two guys busy for atleast 4days a week. i try to take a day a week to catch up on paperwork. the highschool install we started just got another phase added to it, so we will be busy all summer.

Im also working on setting up my new company.

if you ever see my truck and trailer somewhere, stop in and chat if you have time.
Ok, will do. I'm in the process of tryin to more commercial jobs. So either this month or next month I'll be free off of my J-O-B
2002 Chevy Silverado 1500
7x14 OPEN TRAILER
5x10 OPEN TRAILER
36" HUSTLER ZTR
48" SCAG ZTR
61" SCAG TT ZTR
1 SRM 266T ECHO TRIMMER
1 SRM 2601 ECHO TRIMMER
1 PE 200 ECHO STICK EDGER
1 PB 770H ECHO BLOWER
1 PB 413H ECHO BLOWER
2 21" SNAPPER WALK BEHIND
1 22" TORO WALK BEHIND
1 ECHO SHC 225S HEDGE TRIMMER
1 ECHO CHAINSAW
Old 06-01-2012, 10:10 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

your gonna need some big equipment for stormwater/erosion control, i am already scared for your wallet
Old 06-02-2012, 12:27 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by deerewashed View Post
your gonna need some big equipment for stormwater/erosion control, i am already scared for your wallet
I'm working on a bid for a retention pond overhaul rightnow. The way I'm figuring it will allow for the purchase of a used D3 dozer and 16k# excavator. I plan to use the first few jobs to purchase equipment, price them to cover exspenses, make a lil profit and pay a machine off.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 06-02-2012, 02:42 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrayzKajun View Post
This is the route I plan to follow with my new endeavor. been doing a lot of research on the Stormwater, Erosion and Sediment management. Seems there is a real market for that stuff especially down south in my area. Not only in residential/commercial developments, but in industrial and coastal/wetland restoration. I'm working on a couple of certifications through the state of louisiana and the EPA. I'm drawing up a business plan to work off of. Goal is to start small with stormwater/retention pond repairs & maintenance, drainage installs/repairs and construction site erosion control. Then eventually evolve into a full scale Stormwater/Erosion System design & development.
Posted via Mobile Device
sounds like you are going to be doing a lot of work for and with the Corps of Engineers.

Picture Thread: http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.p...ight=army+pics
Old 06-02-2012, 02:55 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swampy View Post
sounds like you are going to be doing a lot of work for and with the Corps of Engineers.
That's the exact reason I'm getting all the EPA Certifications and working on a Coastal & Wetland Habitat restoration license through the state of louisiana.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 06-02-2012, 10:57 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

some pics of my 4'x8' sign me and my guys put up on friday. ive gotten 5calls from the sign already!

some pics fro the high school install we are working on, still trying to find all the different irrigation systems and zones they have installed. everything is so out of date, that they have decided we should just tear it all out and put new systems in.
Attached Images

Landscape Contractors
Louisiana Licensed: Landscape/Horticulturist, Commercial Ground Applicator, Arborist, Irrigation Contractor, Utility Arborist

Onsite Sandbagging, Palletized Sandbags & Bulk Totes, Emergency Response, Erosion & StormWater Barriers
Old 06-03-2012, 08:17 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

few more pics fom the highschool!
Attached Images

Landscape Contractors
Louisiana Licensed: Landscape/Horticulturist, Commercial Ground Applicator, Arborist, Irrigation Contractor, Utility Arborist

Onsite Sandbagging, Palletized Sandbags & Bulk Totes, Emergency Response, Erosion & StormWater Barriers