Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 10-23-2011, 09:54 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrayzKajun View Post
my echo srm-225 trimmer.

and yes to everyone else. i resigned from the police dept last week. decided to pursue my passion of landscaping etc.. going back to college in the spring to finish my Horticulture degree.

got the graphics design layed out for my truck. having them installed while in North Dakota the week of Nov 6th.
Will you miss the donuts?
glad to see it
Old 10-23-2011, 10:30 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
my echo srm-225 trimmer.

and yes to everyone else. i resigned from the police dept last week. decided to pursue my passion of landscaping etc.. going back to college in the spring to finish my Horticulture degree.

got the graphics design layed out for my truck. having them installed while in North Dakota the week of Nov 6th.
Thats awesome man, good for you. Im just curious but is landscaping really going to pay as well as being a police officer. I have a lot of officer friends up here and they get paid 60-75k a year with full benifits and work 36hour shifts twice every 10 days. They have.

They all say that they do the police officer gig for the benifits, they they are too good to pass up

Insured and Licensed
Old 10-23-2011, 10:34 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLONGLANDSCAPING View Post
Thats awesome man, good for you. Im just curious but is landscaping really going to pay as well as being a police officer. I have a lot of officer friends up here and they get paid 60-75k a year with full benifits and work 36hour shifts twice every 10 days. They have.

They all say that they do the police officer gig for the benifits, they they are too good to pass up
police here only make maybe half of what the guys up north make.

Landscape Contractors
Louisiana Licensed: Landscape/Horticulturist, Commercial Ground Applicator, Arborist, Irrigation Contractor, Utility Arborist

Onsite Sandbagging, Palletized Sandbags & Bulk Totes, Emergency Response, Erosion & StormWater Barriers
Old 10-23-2011, 10:37 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by PROPERTYLAWNSERVICELLC View Post
Will you miss the donuts?
glad to see it
i actually dont eat donuts. LOL

Landscape Contractors
Louisiana Licensed: Landscape/Horticulturist, Commercial Ground Applicator, Arborist, Irrigation Contractor, Utility Arborist

Onsite Sandbagging, Palletized Sandbags & Bulk Totes, Emergency Response, Erosion & StormWater Barriers
Old 10-23-2011, 11:34 PM
LawnSite Member

Kajun, you are my inspiration
Read through the whole thread the other night and love your work and equipment.
Would you mind PMing me with some info on the career as being a police officer? It has been something I've wanted to do and would like to learn more about it...
Old 10-24-2011, 08:05 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLONGLANDSCAPING View Post
...60-75k a year with full benefits...
Quote:
police here only make maybe half of what the guys up north make.
Krayz is right. Down here its hard to make it on solely a police salary. They literally make half or less of the figure you put up. Its really sad actually. One of my buddies is trying to get on w/ different departments. He has not been able to get on with any so in the mean time he is starting a tree service. Basically he subs for different LCOs. Say I have a tree that a customer wants to have removed and i cannot remove it because its too big or near a house. He will come in and limb/drop the tree and then I will clean up/haul everything off and grind the stump. Works out good for parties involved. Its will be great part time income for him when he finally gets on w/ a department.
Mike
People pay you to hold their hand. If you don't like doing it, then you are in the wrong business.
Old 10-24-2011, 01:05 PM
LawnSite Member

Follow your dream KK.
Old 10-24-2011, 08:10 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

a few pics from today.
resoded the blvd area. leveled off the area by the sidewalk. put a new edge on the beds and mulch. not bad for a days work solo!
before :

after:

and my dump trailer. its getting ready for a refurbish.. taking the extensions off, new paint, new rear doors, tires..
she is ugly but wait till im done.

Landscape Contractors

Old 10-24-2011, 08:31 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

The work looks good, but why in the world would you use wood as a border to hold the soil in? It's going to rot within a year with all the rain down there!
Old 10-24-2011, 08:56 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by JosephCastille View Post
The work looks good, but why in the world would you use wood as a border to hold the soil in? It's going to rot within a year with all the rain down there!
its treated wood. its just there as a border for now. will be removed in the spring. stops the dumba$$ NEIGHBOR NEXT DOOR from driving on the grass

Landscape Contractors