Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 12-02-2011, 06:27 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCC LAWN CARE View Post
Reading a few posts back about your issues with the TT pumps. I had a similar issue with my Cougar (same pumps). It was pulling pretty good to one side. A new Wix filter and Castrol 20W50 did the trick! Now its just a little out of balance to one side. Hardly noticeable. Runs about $30 at Oriellys.
Mike
It won't be long before yours implodes. It probably runs a little better now because you removed the filter that had all of the metal in it causing flow restriction.
Old 12-02-2011, 12:04 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlantscapeSolutions View Post
What are the shrubs on the ends? They look like Cleyera but it's hard to tell from the distance. Two of the other shrubs look like a type of Euonymus which tend to be mildew and insect prone. I can see the Indian Hawthorns, Boxwoods, and what appears to be one of the larger leafed Viburnums in the middle area.

It appears with the low elevation of the sigh lettering that the shrubs in front of the Hawthorns are going to become problematic. I like the Agapanthus and the Dianthus/kale mix will winter well. It looks like the other annuals are Petunias and Snap dragons? Does the Mexican Heather tend to survive the winter in your area?
I agree it has some problems. This sign is something you want to stand out. People are driving by and it needs to grab there attention. I dont think you can skimp on plant cost when you are doing it for advertising purposes. I would like concentrated heavy annual color. A raised central large annual bed would be great for winter. Winter annuals would require little maintenance. A texas flag of annual color would be neat or bright yellow and true blue would grab attention. I would want more height as well on the corners.... Crepe myrtles or emerald arborviteas or tree form savannah/foster/nelly hollies. Indian hawethornes and clearya remind me of lowes. Color grabs attention, so i would want easy color... Knockouts gold mops kaleidoscope abelia.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 12-02-2011, 12:13 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by muddywater View Post
It won't be long before yours implodes. It probably runs a little better now because you removed the filter that had all of the metal in it causing flow restriction.
Or its a collapsing hydraulic line, it happened with my Scag walkbehind. Had all those symptoms.

Picture Thread: http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.p...ight=army+pics
Old 12-02-2011, 12:14 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

I'm in Louisiana not texas.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 12-02-2011, 02:54 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swampy View Post
Or its a collapsing hydraulic line, it happened with my Scag walkbehind. Had all those symptoms.
Quote:
Originally Posted by muddywater View Post
Sorry to hijack this thread but what would be the best way to handle this? I am thinking of flushing the system again. Would a rebuild help? Thanks for ruining my day.
mike
People pay you to hold their hand. If you don't like doing it, then you are in the wrong business.
Old 12-02-2011, 03:05 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCC LAWN CARE View Post
Sorry to hijack this thread but what would be the best way to handle this? I am thinking of flushing the system again. Would a rebuild help? Thanks for ruining my day.
mike
Stick a magnet in your hydraulic tank and see if you have metal.
Old 12-02-2011, 04:02 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Will do thanks...
Mike
People pay you to hold their hand. If you don't like doing it, then you are in the wrong business.
Old 12-02-2011, 09:29 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Looks like the shrubs in front of the hawthorn are viburnums. They're gonna get BIG. I'd suggest taking them out now; the longer you wait, the harder they'll be to pull out. Not sure how much design training/ experience you have, but most small plants (shrubs, groundcovers, perennials, annuals, etc.) look nice planted in masses/ odd numbered groups (at least in a bed of that shape). A couple rows of hawthorn or loropetulum, some nice masses of agapanthus or bicolor iris on each side (maybe iris for the height they'll provide, which will help mask the blank areas of the block sign), and a big mass of seasonal color (maybe yellow/ purple pansies --- LSU!) would have looked really nice. Be careful of going for too much variety, especially in such a small area. It begins to look overcrowded and distracting. Grouping the plants will help them to read a lot easier and will provide an overall more polished look... Just my .02.
Old 12-02-2011, 09:40 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Thanks Chase. I plan to change a few things up. Still learning.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 12-02-2011, 09:53 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrayzKajun View Post
Thanks Chase. I plan to change a few things up. Still learning.
Posted via Mobile Device
If your not learning you going backwards. We are always learning. You can teach us all something about marketing, your signs stands out more than the westwego sign! good placement!
Bshaffer@thrivelawns.com
www.thrivelawns.com