Old 12-12-2011, 03:10 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

No harness up in the lift?

Old 12-12-2011, 03:20 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jelinek61 View Post
No harness up in the lift?
I was waiting for someone to notice that.I realized once we got to the jobsite, that I didn't have my harness. I took a chance being strapped on time. Will I do it again never. I prefer to play on the safe side.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 12-12-2011, 04:44 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

yeah those telelifts are sketchy when your cutting branches,

Ive taken advantage of the world market and started a new business. We are building bombs in the shape of prayer blankets for our middle eastern customers. Business couldnt be better. The prophets are going through the roof!!
Old 12-12-2011, 08:14 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Kajun, how did you like the lift? I am thinking about renting a 40' Bil Jax lift to do some tree work around the famlies houses. The Bil Jax is pretty similar to the JLG you rented. Did you feel it was stable enough? I was on a worn out 35' nifty lift one time and I wasn't comfortable. It was quite wobbily. How did you move it around the property? Were you able to move it by truck everywhere or did you have to push it? I have a few places that would be tight to acess with a truck.

Everything looks good. I like your dump trailer. Looks like the perfect size for clearing and tree work.
Old 12-12-2011, 08:35 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrayzKajun View Post
Picked up another tree job from a neighbor in the neighborhood I'm doin the landscape install in. Looks like I won't get a chance to slow down ths year.
Posted via Mobile Device
Why don't you move here to mn. Slowest winter yet. One 3" snow fall. I'm getting so bored. Only so many things to fix and improve. Almost all the snow is gone. You should be happy you have work to do.

By the way looks good!!
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 12-12-2011, 09:25 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by metro36 View Post
Kajun, how did you like the lift? I am thinking about renting a 40' Bil Jax lift to do some tree work around the famlies houses. The Bil Jax is pretty similar to the JLG you rented. Did you feel it was stable enough? I was on a worn out 35' nifty lift one time and I wasn't comfortable. It was quite wobbily. How did you move it around the property? Were you able to move it by truck everywhere or did you have to push it? I have a few places that would be tight to acess with a truck.

Everything looks good. I like your dump trailer. Looks like the perfect size for clearing and tree work.
i actually liked tht lift. it was a 2011 so the hydros and controls were tight. me and my helper actually pushed it around the yard. very easy to manuever even in grass.

have another estimate to give 2morrow in the same neighbor hood for trimming 6 trees and resodding the whole front yard!

woohoo!!! looks like 2012 is gunna be a good year

Landscape Contractors
Louisiana Licensed: Landscape/Horticulturist, Commercial Ground Applicator, Arborist, Irrigation Contractor, Utility Arborist

Onsite Sandbagging, Palletized Sandbags & Bulk Totes, Emergency Response, Erosion & StormWater Barriers
Old 12-12-2011, 09:31 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrayzKajun View Post
i actually liked tht lift. it was a 2011 so the hydros and controls were tight. me and my helper actually pushed it around the yard. very easy to manuever even in grass.

have another estimate to give 2morrow in the same neighbor hood for trimming 6 trees and resodding the whole front yard!

woohoo!!! looks like 2012 is gunna be a good year
Thanks for the reply. I think I am going to wait until the ground fully freezes then rent the lift. This way I wont do any damage to lawns with the truck and we should be able to push it easier.

Sounds like a nice little job there. Good Luck
Old 12-13-2011, 03:18 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I've used trailer mounted lifts many times. When you rent one always get a little bit bigger then you think you need. I always use a Genie 50-55' which works pretty good for tree work around here but I always want to reach a little higher. They are easy to operate without much training and setup time is really fast. When we rent one we use our JD4100 with a custom built hitch on the 3pt to tow it around the customers yard. Works really slick. Also if you rent an electric one make sure to charge it every night or you will be stuck waiting for it to charge when your trying to work.

Old 12-13-2011, 04:27 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PORTER 05 View Post
lol that is one fed up dump
I'll take that fed up dump over my no dump anyday. That thing is a beast. I don't know if my 2500 with a 3.42 rear end would pull it too well.
2006 Kubota 9540 w/8 foot galvanized Modern shredder
Gravely 36 inch walk-behinds
Echo and Shindiawa handhelds
16x8.5 Enclosed
24x8.5 Enclosed
16x8.5 Heavy Duty tandem trailer
Old 12-13-2011, 05:31 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JosephCastille View Post
I'll take that fed up dump over my no dump anyday. That thing is a beast. I don't know if my 2500 with a 3.42 rear end would pull it too well.
Yours would pull it just fine... especially if you are referring to your dodge! I have used a 2500 to pull 20k pounds.