Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 12-13-2011, 10:41 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

few pics from today. started tearing out the old landscape lighting and plants.

Landscape Contractors
Louisiana Licensed: Landscape/Horticulturist, Commercial Ground Applicator, Arborist, Irrigation Contractor, Utility Arborist

Onsite Sandbagging, Palletized Sandbags & Bulk Totes, Emergency Response, Erosion & StormWater Barriers
Old 12-13-2011, 10:42 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Landscape Contractors
Louisiana Licensed: Landscape/Horticulturist, Commercial Ground Applicator, Arborist, Irrigation Contractor, Utility Arborist

Onsite Sandbagging, Palletized Sandbags & Bulk Totes, Emergency Response, Erosion & StormWater Barriers
Old 12-16-2011, 10:40 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

a few from today. had some weather setbacks this week. will finish leveling out the beds and tearing the old plant material out 2morrow.

due to the rain the last few days, we rented this lil badboy as not to tear the yard up so much. my wheeled skidsterr would have made a mess.

im really debating selling my skidsteer and getting a mini tracked skid like a Vermeer or ditch witch etc.. would really help being im doing more landscape installs and for tree work etc... in back yards

more pics up 2morrow night

Landscape Contractors

Old 12-17-2011, 12:12 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

keep on renting those little bastards, they break down twice as much as a skid will. Looks like a nice fun project though. Cant wait to see the end result

Ive taken advantage of the world market and started a new business. We are building bombs in the shape of prayer blankets for our middle eastern customers. Business couldnt be better. The prophets are going through the roof!!
Old 12-17-2011, 12:31 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexschultz1 View Post
keep on renting those little bastards, they break down twice as much as a skid will. Looks like a nice fun project though. Cant wait to see the end result
Say what? Mini's are just as reliable as the larger ones. For his type of business a mini would make him more money that a skid steer. They aren't just for backyards. Prepping 10k sq ft or less for sod, trenching for irrigation, mulch in existing lawns, augering holes and carrying bnbs across established turf. We only use our takie for moving sod and large grading jobs, and my dingos are ALWAYS on the jobsite.
Old 12-17-2011, 09:54 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by muddywater View Post
Say what? Mini's are just as reliable as the larger ones. For his type of business a mini would make him more money that a skid steer. They aren't just for backyards. Prepping 10k sq ft or less for sod, trenching for irrigation, mulch in existing lawns, augering holes and carrying bnbs across established turf. We only use our takie for moving sod and large grading jobs, and my dingos are ALWAYS on the jobsite.
Muddy I actually agree with you on this. I've actually done a lot of hand labor on past jobs, jus so I don't do more damaged wit my skidsteer. Having one of these walk behinds would have saved me a lot of time and money!
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 12-17-2011, 01:04 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

So if one was to get one or the other (dingo or full size skid) which would be the way to go? I'm kinda wanting a small or medium sized skid next year but if the dingo is that much better....
mike
Old 12-17-2011, 01:41 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Was going to edit my original post but I ran out of time....
I'm getting into irrigation...which would be the better one? Would a dingo w/ a trencher and bucket be better? But what about a pallets of sod blocks junk etc? Can you get a trencher for a full size bob?
mike
Old 12-17-2011, 03:21 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCC LAWN CARE View Post
Was going to edit my original post but I ran out of time....
I'm getting into irrigation...which would be the better one? Would a dingo w/ a trencher and bucket be better? But what about a pallets of sod blocks junk etc? Can you get a trencher for a full size bob?
mike
You can get a trencher for a full size bobcat or skid steer but if your going to be doing a lot of irrigation a dingo or mini skid steer would be my choice with a trencher or a vibratory plow would work good. And you can still move sod and blocks just not a whole pallet at a time.
Old 12-17-2011, 06:15 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

MCC - I would definitely steer you away from buying a full-size skid with the intention of running a trencher attachment for irrigation lines. We have an MT-52 with a trencher, and occasionally have space limitations that prevent us from using it; I can only begin to imagine that trouble that you'd have trenching with a larger machine.

Regarding your questions about moving pallets, etc. - there's no perfect machine. If there was something that could do it all, everyone would have one. You need to figure out what's going to work best and be most productive for you...

Jacob --- looking forward to seeing the finished photos!