Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 01-02-2012, 12:01 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by zak406 View Post
that truck is sick Kajun, How do you like that cat 226 (i know thats not the one you own) When I worked for a local construction company a few years back I spent many hours in a 226. I absolutly loved every minute of it. The hand controls are boss, I used bobcats and deeres before to and never quite liked the foot controls
i really do like the Cat 226. ive prolly put close to 300hrs on tht machine(between jobs for my company and running it for my buddy who owns it)

i love my lil mustang 2044 too. i think i may wind up keeping my mustang and getting a 66" root grapple to focus on more tree work!

Landscape Contractors
Louisiana Licensed: Landscape/Horticulturist, Commercial Ground Applicator, Arborist, Irrigation Contractor, Utility Arborist

Onsite Sandbagging, Palletized Sandbags & Bulk Totes, Emergency Response, Erosion & StormWater Barriers
Old 01-02-2012, 09:46 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by M RASCOE&SONS View Post
congrats on passing the test!!
Thanks.

Landscape Contractors
Louisiana Licensed: Landscape/Horticulturist, Commercial Ground Applicator, Arborist, Irrigation Contractor, Utility Arborist

Onsite Sandbagging, Palletized Sandbags & Bulk Totes, Emergency Response, Erosion & StormWater Barriers
Old 01-04-2012, 05:07 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

a few pics of a couple tree jobs i went look at.

first one is for a buddy. he just bought this house as a foreclosure and wants this tree cut down and the stump grinded.

Customer wants the lil double tree infront the pines cut down and stump grinded.

customer wants to raise the canopy on all the trees in their front yard. and wants to re-landscape and sod the whole front yard come Feb!

Landscape Contractors

Old 01-04-2012, 05:12 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Your not wasting time putting that license to work.
Old 01-04-2012, 05:24 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

ok here are pics. lawnsite woldnt let me edit

a few pics of a couple tree jobs i went look at.

first one is for a buddy. he just bought this house as a foreclosure and wants this tree cut down and the stump grinded.

Customer wants the lil double tree infront the pines cut down and stump grinded.

customer wants to raise the canopy on all the trees in their front yard. and wants to re-landscape and sod the whole front yard come Feb!

Landscape Contractors

Old 01-04-2012, 09:25 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Yeah no kidding! Put that license to work!
Old 01-05-2012, 09:58 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeyBacon View Post
Yeah no kidding! Put that license to work!
I look at it this way, no point in having the licenses or certifications, if you are not going to use them.

Landscape Contractors

Old 01-05-2012, 11:01 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

postcard design i put together tonight.
i may break down and pay to have someone design me a a new card

Landscape Contractors

Old 01-05-2012, 11:57 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Is that a grape vine growing up that large tree? The pesky grape vines can get quite large under the right conditions here in TX. The plant won't make any decent grapes but the root stock is widely used in the grafting process to grow improved varieties of grapes.

Services-AutoCAD Landscape Design & Install, Maintenance, Landscape Lighting, HD Holiday Lighting, Masonry (Stone, Block, Brick, and Stucco), & Arborist Work

Accreditations & Memberships- BBB, TNLA, TPCL 611373, & Class 1 Nurserymen.

Market Niche- High end residential.

-http://plantscapesolutions.net/
Old 01-06-2012, 09:36 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlantscapeSolutions View Post
Is that a grape vine growing up that large tree? The pesky grape vines can get quite large under the right conditions here in TX. The plant won't make any decent grapes but the root stock is widely used in the grafting process to grow improved varieties of grapes.
I don't think they are grapes, looks like poison oak.
What you are thinking about are muscadine grapes. We have some in the woods behind our house that have taken over large pine trees. Those are very large and have about a 2-3" trunk. They put on small clusters but they never really make grapes.
People pay you to hold their hand. If you don't like doing it, then you are in the wrong business.