Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 03-03-2012, 11:15 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by KPZ Enterprises View Post
haha, iv actually have been thinking about trying to get my school district in a few yrs but as of right now i dnt have the work force or enough mowers to cut all 5 schools that r in the district. lol....good luck with ur bid n i hope u get it!!
the funny thing is, they called me. they have a grounds crew, but they suck at maintaining the turf/landscape.

Landscape Contractors
Louisiana Licensed: Landscape/Horticulturist, Commercial Ground Applicator, Arborist, Irrigation Contractor, Utility Arborist

Onsite Sandbagging, Palletized Sandbags & Bulk Totes, Emergency Response, Erosion & StormWater Barriers
Old 03-04-2012, 06:37 AM
LawnSite Member

Go to FindLotSize.com, it has a format similar to goilawn. It's free though. Not 100% accurate, but it is good at giving you an idea of sizes.
Old 03-04-2012, 09:54 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by professional View Post
Go to FindLotSize.com, it has a format similar to goilawn. It's free though. Not 100% accurate, but it is good at giving you an idea of sizes.
Thankf for tht info.

Landscape Contractors
Louisiana Licensed: Landscape/Horticulturist, Commercial Ground Applicator, Arborist, Irrigation Contractor, Utility Arborist

Onsite Sandbagging, Palletized Sandbags & Bulk Totes, Emergency Response, Erosion & StormWater Barriers
Old 03-04-2012, 10:56 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrayzKajun View Post
the funny thing is, they called me. they have a grounds crew, but they suck at maintaining the turf/landscape.
thats y they should leave these things to the professionals!
Old 03-04-2012, 08:03 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Went to a home and garden show today with my mom. made a few good contacts with some home builders etc..

my local walker dealer had booth setup and had few reps from walker their. they want to setup a day for the walker rep to ride along with me while i can a 52" GHS w/26hp kohler.

i think the cut of a walker could give me an edge on my competition. plus walker is offering some really nice deals right now.

Landscape Contractors

Old 03-04-2012, 08:34 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrayzKajun View Post
Went to a home and garden show today with my mom. made a few good contacts with some home builders etc..

my local walker dealer had booth setup and had few reps from walker their. they want to setup a day for the walker rep to ride along with me while i can a 52" GHS w/26hp kohler.

i think the cut of a walker could give me an edge on my competition. plus walker is offering some really nice deals right now.
Walker does make a sweet machine. If you can get one for a day then I would go for it. I have wanted to try a super b for a while but I never asked. Most dealers around here wont let you take any machines out for the whole day and I am not comfortable with just trying it on one account. I will have to look into them more when I ready for a rider.
Old 03-04-2012, 09:33 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Yeah, it would be cool to try a 52'' GHS out for a day. Most I see are 42'' and 48'' ones.
Old 03-04-2012, 09:37 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

The regional rep brought one out for us to use on one yard. I liked it but I would rather have a navigator. Plus the price tag...:0
Mike
People pay you to hold their hand. If you don't like doing it, then you are in the wrong business.
Old 03-04-2012, 09:43 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by metro36 View Post
Walker does make a sweet machine. If you can get one for a day then I would go for it. I have wanted to try a super b for a while but I never asked. Most dealers around here wont let you take any machines out for the whole day and I am not comfortable with just trying it on one account. I will have to look into them more when I ready for a rider.
i have one stop that is 5 large lawns. so perfect spot on my route to demo the walker,

Landscape Contractors

Old 03-04-2012, 09:47 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCC LAWN CARE View Post
The regional rep brought one out for us to use on one yard. I liked it but I would rather have a navigator. Plus the price tag...:0
Mike
the price tag is not as bad asi thought.

2012 Walker 52" GHS w/ 26hp kohler is $12k plus walker is offereing 5% off and 3.9% for 60months and my dealer is offereing anither 5% off for spring open house. so it would be 10% off and 3.9 for 60mnths. not too bad.

Landscape Contractors