Register free!
Search
 
     

The Green Industry's Resource Center


Click for Weather
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #961  
Old 03-03-2012, 11:15 PM
KrayzKajun's Avatar
KrayzKajun KrayzKajun is online now
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Harvey,LA
Posts: 10,309
Quote:
Originally Posted by KPZ Enterprises View Post
haha, iv actually have been thinking about trying to get my school district in a few yrs but as of right now i dnt have the work force or enough mowers to cut all 5 schools that r in the district. lol....good luck with ur bid n i hope u get it!!
the funny thing is, they called me. they have a grounds crew, but they suck at maintaining the turf/landscape.
__________________

Landscape Contractors
Louisiana Licensed: Landscape/Horticulturist, Commercial Ground Applicator, Arborist, Irrigation Contractor, Utility Arborist

Onsite Sandbagging, Palletized Sandbags & Bulk Totes, Emergency Response, Erosion & StormWater Barriers
Reply With Quote
  #962  
Old 03-04-2012, 06:37 AM
professional professional is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Frederickburg VA
Posts: 72
Go to FindLotSize.com, it has a format similar to goilawn. It's free though. Not 100% accurate, but it is good at giving you an idea of sizes.
Reply With Quote
  #963  
Old 03-04-2012, 09:54 AM
KrayzKajun's Avatar
KrayzKajun KrayzKajun is online now
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Harvey,LA
Posts: 10,309
Quote:
Originally Posted by professional View Post
Go to FindLotSize.com, it has a format similar to goilawn. It's free though. Not 100% accurate, but it is good at giving you an idea of sizes.
Thankf for tht info.
__________________

Landscape Contractors
Louisiana Licensed: Landscape/Horticulturist, Commercial Ground Applicator, Arborist, Irrigation Contractor, Utility Arborist

Onsite Sandbagging, Palletized Sandbags & Bulk Totes, Emergency Response, Erosion & StormWater Barriers
Reply With Quote
  #964  
Old 03-04-2012, 10:56 AM
KPZ Enterprises KPZ Enterprises is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Malvern, PA
Posts: 488
Quote:
Originally Posted by KrayzKajun View Post
the funny thing is, they called me. they have a grounds crew, but they suck at maintaining the turf/landscape.
thats y they should leave these things to the professionals!
Reply With Quote
  #965  
Old 03-04-2012, 08:03 PM
KrayzKajun's Avatar
KrayzKajun KrayzKajun is online now
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Harvey,LA
Posts: 10,309
Went to a home and garden show today with my mom. made a few good contacts with some home builders etc..

my local walker dealer had booth setup and had few reps from walker their. they want to setup a day for the walker rep to ride along with me while i can a 52" GHS w/26hp kohler.

i think the cut of a walker could give me an edge on my competition. plus walker is offering some really nice deals right now.
__________________

Landscape Contractors
Louisiana Licensed: Landscape/Horticulturist, Commercial Ground Applicator, Arborist, Irrigation Contractor, Utility Arborist

Onsite Sandbagging, Palletized Sandbags & Bulk Totes, Emergency Response, Erosion & StormWater Barriers
Reply With Quote
  #966  
Old 03-04-2012, 08:34 PM
metro36's Avatar
metro36 metro36 is offline
LawnSite Silver Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Long Island NY
Posts: 2,333
Quote:
Originally Posted by KrayzKajun View Post
Went to a home and garden show today with my mom. made a few good contacts with some home builders etc..

my local walker dealer had booth setup and had few reps from walker their. they want to setup a day for the walker rep to ride along with me while i can a 52" GHS w/26hp kohler.

i think the cut of a walker could give me an edge on my competition. plus walker is offering some really nice deals right now.
Walker does make a sweet machine. If you can get one for a day then I would go for it. I have wanted to try a super b for a while but I never asked. Most dealers around here wont let you take any machines out for the whole day and I am not comfortable with just trying it on one account. I will have to look into them more when I ready for a rider.
__________________
More equipment then I know what to do with.
Reply With Quote
  #967  
Old 03-04-2012, 09:33 PM
LawnMan19's Avatar
LawnMan19 LawnMan19 is online now
LawnSite Gold Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Where I need to be
Posts: 3,238
Yeah, it would be cool to try a 52'' GHS out for a day. Most I see are 42'' and 48'' ones.
__________________
'' hard workers never slack and slackers never work hard.''
Reply With Quote
  #968  
Old 03-04-2012, 09:37 PM
Mikegyver Mikegyver is online now
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Longview TX
Posts: 1,791
The regional rep brought one out for us to use on one yard. I liked it but I would rather have a navigator. Plus the price tag...:0
Mike
__________________
Scag, Exmark, Honda, Shindaiwa, Redmax. Commercial and residential Lawncare, Irrigation (LI and BPAT), and Landscaping. Fully insured.
Mikegyver Pics Thread
Quote:
People pay you to hold their hand. If you don't like doing it, then you are in the wrong business.
Reply With Quote
  #969  
Old 03-04-2012, 09:43 PM
KrayzKajun's Avatar
KrayzKajun KrayzKajun is online now
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Harvey,LA
Posts: 10,309
Quote:
Originally Posted by metro36 View Post
Walker does make a sweet machine. If you can get one for a day then I would go for it. I have wanted to try a super b for a while but I never asked. Most dealers around here wont let you take any machines out for the whole day and I am not comfortable with just trying it on one account. I will have to look into them more when I ready for a rider.
i have one stop that is 5 large lawns. so perfect spot on my route to demo the walker,
__________________

Landscape Contractors
Louisiana Licensed: Landscape/Horticulturist, Commercial Ground Applicator, Arborist, Irrigation Contractor, Utility Arborist

Onsite Sandbagging, Palletized Sandbags & Bulk Totes, Emergency Response, Erosion & StormWater Barriers
Reply With Quote
  #970  
Old 03-04-2012, 09:47 PM
KrayzKajun's Avatar
KrayzKajun KrayzKajun is online now
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Harvey,LA
Posts: 10,309
Quote:
Originally Posted by MCC LAWN CARE View Post
The regional rep brought one out for us to use on one yard. I liked it but I would rather have a navigator. Plus the price tag...:0
Mike
the price tag is not as bad asi thought.

2012 Walker 52" GHS w/ 26hp kohler is $12k plus walker is offereing 5% off and 3.9% for 60months and my dealer is offereing anither 5% off for spring open house. so it would be 10% off and 3.9 for 60mnths. not too bad.
__________________

Landscape Contractors
Louisiana Licensed: Landscape/Horticulturist, Commercial Ground Applicator, Arborist, Irrigation Contractor, Utility Arborist

Onsite Sandbagging, Palletized Sandbags & Bulk Totes, Emergency Response, Erosion & StormWater Barriers
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©1998 - 2012, LawnSite.comô - Moose River Media
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:12 AM.

Page generated in 0.08976 seconds with 8 queries