Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 03-18-2011, 07:28 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by XLS View Post
Flatop have you considered cutting the front rail and building a section out over the tongue to add about 12'' of trailer space to your trailer without adding any length overall also consider if that isnt enough room you can add more length to the rear to total a 10' trailer . its the same axle location on a 8' and a 10' trailer just a few ways to add size without adding alot of $ to your rig. if your not a concern with hauling them togather i was just talking ,hope a good year to ya
Thank you XLS for the assist. I will have to look into that. Would like to have both the wide mowers on the trailer but the way I have the schedule set up I really need only one at a given time. (Love owning a business with flexible work schedule) I am looking into getting maybe the 32"BOP to replace the 33" (have numerous gates that a 36" will not fit into. I understand the 32"BOP's are not as long as regular walkbehind. Again thanks for the info. Hopefully others will see this post and may want to go this route.
Old 03-19-2011, 12:26 AM
LawnSite Member

Flattop what kind of 33 do you have? The only ones I know of are the cub cadet/troybilt/craftsman 33s with the timed decks. If that's what you have how do you like it? I've been toying with the idea of getting one of those for a few years.
Old 03-19-2011, 01:52 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

bdconsoli i had a craftsman 33 like your speaking of and i had a crew run it alot and i can tell you this if you are for my oppinion. It was ok for a 1300.00 mower getting what you pay for and all but. the bagger is more like a vaccum cleanner bag and it was a hassle to manage at 4' of length lol holding it open and up and dumping it was a trick after 3 months . as for why we got rid of it ...... it has NO left to right control so you had to pull it around and no reverse so you had to wrestle it alot in tight areas . and in low gear it was to slow and 2nd gear was to fast for the HP of the engine, I did use a sulky on mine because the guys only mowed alot of flat 4000-7000sqft lots and it did fine in low gear , with the sulky off you you will kick the mower as you walk and in 2nd it will make you jog almost , the cut was fine for the unit .... we just mowed in low gear and got done when it got done . with the sulky off we had trouble with the mower hopping when you took off , it wasnt a smooth mower when compairing it to a simple cheap belt drive walk behind and couldnt hold a candle to a sucky hydro belt drive. also consider this the belt for it cost 125.00 from the guy here when we replaced it before selling it
Old 03-20-2011, 11:26 PM
LawnSite Member

I have the Cub Cadet 33" almost identical to the craftsman 33". I've had it since 2008 and has worked well. The only issue I have are the cables and not a zero turn. I have gone through a couple of the cables to a point I just splice them together rather than buy new. I've used it to knock down 4' (yes, 4 foot) grass at a mobile home on 1/2 acre lot. The likes: the ease of adjusting deck and easy to set for mulch or side discharge.
Old 04-19-2011, 11:54 PM
LawnSite Member

Well I ended up buying an open trailer. Bought a 6x12 NNT high side trailer yesterday for $1429 (still have to pay the taxes, bought it out of state). Just didn't see the need at this point to drop 3 grand on an enclosed. Thanks for (almost) everyone's advice!!! Will post pics when I get a chance. Newjerseylandscaping I know it's been almost 2 months but do you want pics of my 5x8 still? If you do I'll get them up here too with the Tiger Cub I bought over the winter.