Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 02-07-2013, 04:45 PM
LawnSite Member

New Logo thoughts...

Hey guys, wondering your thoughts on my logo for my company. This will be branded throughout my marketing campaign:trucks, shirts, etc. Let me know what you think. Thanks!
Attached Images

Old 02-07-2013, 05:03 PM
LawnSite Member

Nice,..........
Old 02-07-2013, 05:11 PM
LawnSite Member

Are all the periods a positive or a negative? Lol
Old 02-07-2013, 05:18 PM
LawnSite Member

And any constructive criticism is welcomed as well. Trying to get the cleanest, best one possible. My buddy did this one and he's done multiple projects. Always loved Apple and how their marketing was simple as possible. I'm trying not to have too much clutter.
Old 02-07-2013, 05:35 PM
LawnSite Member

I imagine the "lawnsite" logo in the top left when i see this...
BOSS plows
Echo and Exmark gear
Old 02-07-2013, 05:42 PM
LawnSite Member

^So do you like it? My buddy has never heard of this site, so he didnt model off anything but his ideas.
Old 02-07-2013, 07:33 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCMmmkay View Post
And any constructive criticism is welcomed as well. Trying to get the cleanest, best one possible. My buddy did this one and he's done multiple projects.
I'll be that guy and disagree... It's just simply not the work of a graphic designer. It's bits of clip art strung together. That can be fine, if executed well, but there's no real, cohesive, visual integration of the grass, the stripes, and the letters.

One issue you will run into is the quality output of the grass from print medium to print medium. Any time you deal with detailed gradients like that on the grass, you will struggle to maintain the visual, color branding of it, whether due to coloring, dithering, or method of output. Basically, you will have a difficult time getting it to look the same on your business card, truck, web site, signage, shirts, and hats. If you do all 4-color process, you could do it, but that's asking to cover a lot of bases.
Old 02-07-2013, 08:12 PM
LawnSite Member

Hey thats cool man, I understand not everybody will like it as much. This logo is done in Adobe illustrator, it will be able to scale because its a vector creation. I really like it beacuse its consise and to the point, with a little bit of modern design. Dont understand all the logos i see that are so clutterd with pictures, that its impossible to see it clearly from the road. Thanks for the input!
Old 02-07-2013, 10:54 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCMmmkay View Post
Hey thats cool man, I understand not everybody will like it as much. This logo is done in Adobe illustrator, it will be able to scale because its a vector creation.
It's not really a matter of not liking it (design is as subjective a thing as there is), but making sure that it accomplishes what you want it to, which is where the constructive criticism comes in.

I would make sure the grass he's using is a true vector (Illustrator doesn't mean much if the source isn't vector). I see that exact patch of grass used elsewhere (it's not his original work), and the degraded dithering (the little dots) around the blades does not match the vector quality of the font. I would wager it's not a vector source, but is likely a jpg. If it is truly vector, I'd make sure it doesn't get saved as a jpg. It will be much crisper.
Old 02-08-2013, 12:08 AM
LawnSite Member

I do agree about the grass. I guess I meant when he created it was how he put it together and not that he painted each individual grass. Should I be worried if I use this in my logo?