Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 09-12-2009, 09:49 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Revitalizer vs Renovator

Anyone used both.. what the pros and cons of each? I want to buy one of these but I have only used a Lawn Solutions Revitalizer 9hp and really liked it. There just hard to find used.. Renovators are plentiful.. I just dont know if there comparable...
Old 09-12-2009, 10:25 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

I run a Lesco seeder some and trust me it is a good machine...but spend the extra money and get Turf Solutions machine.

It is AWESOME!

I wish I didn't have the Lesco unit...but I just don't use it enough to upgrade.
Old 09-12-2009, 10:35 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Thanks

Thats what I thought I just wasnt sure since I never used the Lesco... only the Revitalizer..

Thanks for your response..
Old 09-14-2009, 12:31 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

I ran the Lesco Renovator for several years, and always had fantastic results out of this machine - which is well built and operates rather well.
However, once you've ran the Revitalizer, you will never look back. The ease of operation of this machine compared to the Lesco Renovator just doesn't compare. Combine this with the superior results, the ability to level rougher ground and terrain, the maneuverability on hillsides, the overall PRODUCTIVITY, and the ability to ride rather than walk, thanks to the Revitalizer's true hydrostatic drive with independent controls, you will see why the Revitalizer is the next generation of slit seeder, most user friendly, and production leader in the industry.
In your case, you sort of did it backward. You operated the easiest one first. I would invite you to try the Lesco Renovator sometime if you have a chance. You will see that it works, but by the time you do two turn arounds, you will say "Ok....I've had enough...I see how it works now."
This is because you will have had your taste of it, and will know there's no reason to go any farther. Kind of like jumping out of a nice new car, and into an old beat up pickup with hard steering.

Thank you, Dad - for always being the dad that you were. You truly are my hero. You always were.
Old 09-14-2009, 12:04 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Thanks

OK These responses just sold me on what I wanted anyway.. I will spend the extra and get a revitalizer... I will probably regret it if I got the renovator...

Thank you for the advise..
Old 03-04-2011, 12:00 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlotteOutdoorImpact View Post
OK These responses just sold me on what I wanted anyway.. I will spend the extra and get a revitalizer... I will probably regret it if I got the renovator...

Thank you for the advise..
I know this is a older thread but did you end up purchasing one and how do you like it ? I have also been comparing the renovator to the rivitalizer , the price between the 9 hp units is about the same , the rivitalizer being slightly more . Any other advice that you have would be great . Thanks Scott.
Old 03-04-2011, 09:47 PM
LawnSite Member

9 hp revitalizer for sale

Scott, check the "equipment for sale" forum. I replied to yout WTB thread. I have a 9 hp Turf Revitalizer with maybe 30 hrs on it. It's almost new and is far easier to use and more efficient than a renovator. I have used both extensively. $2500 firm, as a new one cost at least $3500. I'm only selling because I closed my business. Give me a PM for more info. I'm in Maryland.