Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 03-01-2011, 06:29 PM
LawnSite Member

Service Agreement example

Could any of you guys forward an example of a service agreement/contract for lawn maintenance services. I've done a google search as well as a search on this site and am not coming up with much. I really don't want to spend any more for an attorney to do it cause I've already spent a crap load on new equipment and advertising for just starting out. Thanks for any replies...
Old 03-01-2011, 07:17 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Either party may cancel this agreement with 5 days written notice mailed to the party at the addresses listed in this agreement. Agreement is only for work specified below. Does not include any additional services that may be required because of storm damage, windfall debris, or other acts of nature or man. Upon cancellation money due for services performed shall be due.

Due to conflicts in scheduling that can occur, weather and workload encountered, I may on occasion arrive late, or need to reschedule. Your understanding and patience is appreciated. I will always do my best to respond in a timely manner. Should you care to skip a scheduled service, I require a 24 hour notice, or a service charge of 50% may be applied.

Although prudent and reasonable care will always be used when services are performed, xxxxxxxxx cannot be held liable or responsible for damages that may result performing these services. These may include but are not limited to: Damage or injury to persons, pets, plants, power cords, lawn, trees, shrubs, flower beds, sprinkler heads, decorations, or any structures, scuffing or damage to concrete, paved or unpaved surfaces. It is requested that any nonessential items in the area to be serviced are removed. These can include but are not limited to toys, tools, hoses, pets and waste.

Then I specify in detail the services to be performed....
How scheduled... call as needed or every week....
Have signature..... date etc....
THIS IS AN AGREEMENT.... NOT A CONTRACT... I make sure they understand that from the git-go.

Any more details, they never read it anyway.

And Yes.... I will, and have payed for damages out of pocket that were my fault... but never paid for anything because of home owner stupidity!

Last edited by Lawn Pawn; 03-01-2011 at 07:21 PM.
Old 03-01-2011, 07:52 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I can email you one
Old 03-01-2011, 08:54 PM
LawnSite Member

I'd appreciate that. It's stevemcneill88@yahoo.com. And Lawn Pawn, I think part of your's got cut off but that's what I'm looking for if you could resend the whole thing. Thanks!
Old 03-01-2011, 10:00 PM
LawnSite Member

Furness & Sons L&L,
Could you email me a copy also of your "Service Agreement" I am stuck at how it should read or look I would appreciate it very much.

greenscapelc@yahoo.com
Thanks In advance
Old 03-01-2011, 11:47 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

A guy posted one on here not to long ago, do a search.
Stay focused and leave distractions for those who will fail in their ventures
Old 03-01-2011, 11:54 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=334070
Stay focused and leave distractions for those who will fail in their ventures
Old 03-02-2011, 08:18 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

And Lawn Pawn, I think part of your's got cut off but that's what I'm looking for if you could resend the whole thing. Thanks!

This really is all of it.... minus the spelling out of the services to be performed.
Legal it may not be, but then not too frightening or intimidating either.

Either party may cancel this agreement with 5 days written notice mailed to the party at the addresses listed in this agreement. Agreement is only for work specified below. Does not include any additional services that may be required because of storm damage, windfall debris, or other acts of nature or man. Upon cancellation money due for services performed shall be due.

Due to conflicts in scheduling that can occur, weather and workload encountered, I may on occasion arrive late, or need to reschedule. Your understanding and patience is appreciated. I will always do my best to respond in a timely manner. Should you care to skip a scheduled service, I require a 24 hour notice, or a service charge of 50% may be applied.

Although prudent and reasonable care will always be used when services are performed, xxxxxxxxx cannot be held liable or responsible for damages that may result performing these services. These may include but are not limited to: Damage or injury to persons, pets, plants, power cords, lawn, trees, shrubs, flower beds, sprinkler heads, decorations, or any structures, scuffing or damage to concrete, paved or unpaved surfaces. It is requested that any nonessential items in the area to be serviced are removed. These can include but are not limited to toys, tools, hoses, pets and waste.