Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 03-01-2011, 09:17 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

New electric mower

Have ya'll seen the "Green Mowchine" with the adjustable deck width?
Old 03-01-2011, 10:49 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

YouTube link to "Green Mowchine"

Quote:
Originally Posted by StanWilhite View Post
Have ya'll seen the "Green Mowchine" with the adjustable deck width?
For some reason the link to YT didn't post. Sorry.
I'll try again.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u-AANgXBGUI
Old 03-01-2011, 11:14 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

A link directly to their site.

http://www.meangreenproducts.com/index.html

Q
Old 03-02-2011, 09:29 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

Questions. I am guessing mulch deck only? Tip speed? Weight? Run time? Battery type, and replacement cost? Can we see a picture of the underside of the deck and battery pack as in a commercial operation a midday battery swap would be necessary even for a operator using their large deck mower sparingly or intermittently (small yard route). Movable deck width is a nice feature but how is blade tip alignment maintained/adjusted and is there a possibility wear causing a uneven cut?
Old 03-02-2011, 10:43 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by dishboy View Post
Questions. I am guessing mulch deck only? Tip speed? Weight? Run time? Battery type, and replacement cost? Can we see a picture of the underside of the deck and battery pack as in a commercial operation a midday battery swap would be necessary even for a operator using their large deck mower sparingly or intermittently (small yard route). Movable deck width is a nice feature but how is blade tip alignment maintained/adjusted and is there a possibility wear causing a uneven cut?
From looking over the website, it doesn't give too many specs on the machine. I was able to find out that side discharge or rear discharge decks are available. As for batteries, 80 minute, 100 minute or 120 minute are available. You can get a typical charger from an outlet (takes 8-10 hours to charge) or you can get a solar or wind charger (takes 3-4 days to charge).

The website is okay but it just doesn't give much useful information like top speed, blade tip speed, weight, info on the deck, etc.

When I watched the youtube video, they played music during the whole thing, so you could hear if the unit struggles at all and they also only showed the machine on grass that is dormant. Sure its a new product, but I'd like to see how it actually does while mowing grass that is growing.
John Deere walkbehind
81"x18' trailer
Stihl handhelds
Old 03-02-2011, 12:45 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mowerbrad View Post
From looking over the website, it doesn't give too many specs on the machine. I was able to find out that side discharge or rear discharge decks are available. As for batteries, 80 minute, 100 minute or 120 minute are available. You can get a typical charger from an outlet (takes 8-10 hours to charge) or you can get a solar or wind charger (takes 3-4 days to charge).

The website is okay but it just doesn't give much useful information like top speed, blade tip speed, weight, info on the deck, etc.

When I watched the youtube video, they played music during the whole thing, so you could hear if the unit struggles at all and they also only showed the machine on grass that is dormant. Sure its a new product, but I'd like to see how it actually does while mowing grass that is growing.
I agree. I thought that the fact they played music through the entire video instead of taking the opportunity to have a narrator give details about the mower was a little odd.

In one part of the video the mower was a little hesitant in going up (from being stopped on) the little bank it was on. I couldn't tell if it was straining, or if the operator was trying not to spin the wheels. I would think it would be the latter but can't be sure.

The arm rests look comfy tho!

Last edited by StanWilhite; 03-02-2011 at 12:47 PM. Reason: clarity
Old 03-02-2011, 01:12 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by StanWilhite View Post
I agree. I thought that the fact they played music through the entire video instead of taking the opportunity to have a narrator give details about the mower was a little odd.

In one part of the video the mower was a little hesitant in going up (from being stopped on) the little bank it was on. I couldn't tell if it was straining, or if the operator was trying not to spin the wheels. I would think it would be the latter but can't be sure.

The arm rests look comfy tho!
The arm rests do look nice and the controls are very unique. I did notice that the controls to turn the machine "on" and engage the PTO were more on the side, looked like an awkward position to access while on the mower. I would like to see more of the controls on the control/arm rests...this way you could raise/lower the deck, engage the pto and turn the machine on and off all without moving your hands.

This is the first I have heard of this mower. I hope that this company can get some videos of the mower actually cutting grass and not just riding around on a lawn.

The adjustable deck is pretty cool, not too sure how well it will cut though. If the mower can cut well when the deck is full width and when it is narrowed, then I see that being a very good idea. I'd like to see other sizes available for the adjustable deck, maybe a 44" that can adjust to just narrower than 36" for access through gates.
John Deere walkbehind
81"x18' trailer
Stihl handhelds
Old 03-03-2011, 10:05 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I would love to try one of these. I have always been a fan of electric power.
Old 03-03-2011, 11:36 PM
LawnSite Member

The mower seems like it would work really well in a residental setting. I'd like to learn more information about it though. I wonder if the owner has a name on here. I do alot of residental mowing and this seems like it would be practical for the way gas is lately.
Old 03-03-2011, 11:44 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael33 View Post
The mower seems like it would work really well in a residental setting. I'd like to learn more information about it though. I wonder if the owner has a name on here. I do alot of residental mowing and this seems like it would be practical for the way gas is lately.
Hey Michael, Jim Q posted (earlier in this thread) a link to the website for this mower. You can probably get any info you need there. Stan