Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 03-01-2011, 08:26 PM
LawnSite Member

2010 Exmark Turf Tracer HP Hydro 48in??

Hey everybody. After a few years in the lawn care business I have finally saved up enough money to purchase my first commercial walk behind mower. There is a 2010 Exmark Turf Tracer HP Hydro 48inch with a 16HP Kawasaki motor with about 600hrs on it for sale at my local lawn equipment shop for $3,000.

Would this be a good first time commercial unit to purchase?

Anybody out there have first hand experience with this specific model or something similar?

And is there any known problems with this particular unit i should be aware of that I should check out before I purchase it?

and Thankyou for all the replies ahead of time.
pdqlandscaping@gmail.com
Old 03-03-2011, 08:48 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

48inch walk behinds are the way to go for all residental accounts due to the fact that they dont way enough to where they leave turn marks on the grass. i would suggest in purchasing a side bagger but do not buy one from exmark since they dont have the all steel baskets. go to grass gobbler and get one from them, they are better and cheaper as well. before purchasing i would have the engine and hydros inspected prior to taking it home with you. exmarks are the best in quality and you wont be dissapointed
Old 03-03-2011, 11:41 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo2199 View Post
Hey everybody. After a few years in the lawn care business I have finally saved up enough money to purchase my first commercial walk behind mower. There is a 2010 Exmark Turf Tracer HP Hydro 48inch with a 16HP Kawasaki motor with about 600hrs on it for sale at my local lawn equipment shop for $3,000.

Would this be a good first time commercial unit to purchase?

Anybody out there have first hand experience with this specific model or something similar?

And is there any known problems with this particular unit i should be aware of that I should check out before I purchase it?

and Thankyou for all the replies ahead of time.

IMO, the 48" Turf Tracers are the BEST machines out there, particularly for resis.

I would stay away from the Grass Gobblers though, they are HEAVY!!! Buy the exmark cloth bagger, or keep your eye on Craigslist every once in a while you can find one.
Old 03-03-2011, 11:49 AM
LawnSite Member

Thanks for the replies everyone. I should be picking mines up tomorrow since I will be off work. I will come back and post again after I see it in person and use it. I have never used a walk behind before so I will practice on my own personal yard first before I use it on a customers. Don't want to ruin anybody's yard.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-03-2011, 07:53 PM
LawnSite Member

If you are tight on money, check out for vikings(exmark) also with only a 48" cut there really isn't much of the deck hanging out of the sides to worry about the scalp (fixed with the floating deck of the turf tracer). I have a newer viking with the ecs and I love it.
Old 03-03-2011, 08:04 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dougdm View Post
If you are tight on money, check out for vikings(exmark) also with only a 48" cut there really isn't much of the deck hanging out of the sides to worry about the scalp (fixed with the floating deck of the turf tracer). I have a newer viking with the ecs and I love it.
Thanks for the advice. I already put my deposit down on my Exmark Turf Tracer HP and I will be picking it up tomorrow. They replaced the Kawasaki motor that had 600hrs on it with a brand new Kohler motor and now I have a 2 year warranty on the motor also. I'm real excited about my purchase and cant wait to pick it up tomorrow morning.
pdqlandscaping@gmail.com