Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 03-05-2011, 06:40 PM
Sponsor

You might want to look into

You might want to look into http://livingsocial.com its very similar to Groupon and do a comparison.

Buy Sell & Trade Lawn & landscaping route accounts. The online market place for route accounts.
http://Tradeyouraccounts.com
http://facebook.com/ServiceRoutes
http://twitter.com/ServiceRoutes
Old 03-07-2011, 02:18 PM
Sponsor

Be careful. I've heard that for a lot of businesses they have a really, really low retention / return-customer rate. People hitting up Groupon are looking for a cheap deal, and that doesn't always translate into the kind of customer who will be loyal.

But, to be fair, Groupon does mostly spa and restaurant deals, so who knows? Let us know how it goes
Old 03-09-2011, 08:14 AM
LawnSite Member

We had a landscaper in my area that did a Groupon... he became way too busy and looked bad because of it.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-09-2011, 12:23 PM
Sponsor

This came into my inbox today. Granted it's aimed at retailers, but might be worth a quick read.

Tips for Surviving a Groupon Promotion (via SmartBrief on Small Business Newsletter).

http://www.businessweek.com/smallbiz...038_090899.htm
Old 03-10-2011, 01:52 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Heres the skinny guys i just ran my ad on Groupon as of yesterday and my suggestion woul be to make it a point to be very very specific as to what your Groupon will provide. I have my ad stateing for a basic mow, blow edge and srub pruning for $80 for $40. The problem i seem to be getting is that people who are wanting to purchase the Groupon want to use it for say cleaning multiple flowerbeds that have never been maintained. This said you should be very specific as to what you tell your representative what the potential customer may or may not use the Groupon for such as upgrades to other services. If you would like to know as to the percentage as to what Groupon receives for this type of marketing it usually starts at 50%, but can be negotiated.
You can also see this ad as it ends tomorrow, Groupon San Angelo Tx. By the way be perpared to have someone available to answer your phones, and I say phones because you will be getting many calls as to what other services you provide.
Hope this helps, for those considering using this method.
Old 03-10-2011, 07:59 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by h2oskier View Post
Heres the skinny guys i just ran my ad on Groupon as of yesterday and my suggestion woul be to make it a point to be very very specific as to what your Groupon will provide. I have my ad stateing for a basic mow, blow edge and srub pruning for $80 for $40. The problem i seem to be getting is that people who are wanting to purchase the Groupon want to use it for say cleaning multiple flowerbeds that have never been maintained. This said you should be very specific as to what you tell your representative what the potential customer may or may not use the Groupon for such as upgrades to other services. If you would like to know as to the percentage as to what Groupon receives for this type of marketing it usually starts at 50%, but can be negotiated.
You can also see this ad as it ends tomorrow, Groupon San Angelo Tx. By the way be perpared to have someone available to answer your phones, and I say phones because you will be getting many calls as to what other services you provide.
Hope this helps, for those considering using this method.

so how much work have you generated from it? would you do it again?
Old 03-10-2011, 08:45 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

I am in the pipeline to publish next Tuesday. I have a cap set at 150 sold and I don't expect to sell that many. We'll see soon enough.
Old 03-10-2011, 02:26 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AintNoFun View Post
so how much work have you generated from it? would you do it again?
Being that i live in a area that is small and spread apart i have generated about 15 to 18 new cliets from the ad.
Old 03-10-2011, 02:51 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by h2oskier View Post
Being that i live in a area that is small and spread apart i have generated about 15 to 18 new cliets from the ad.
That sounds like a pretty good response. Did these people sign up as weekly customers or just one time jobs?
Old 03-11-2011, 03:54 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepatsfan View Post
That sounds like a pretty good response. Did these people sign up as weekly customers or just one time jobs?
Yet to be determined as that they have until June 11 to redeem the "groupon"