Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 03-09-2011, 12:55 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by integrityman View Post
Bump for more responses..... Whats better The Grandstand or Vantage?
Whichever you can get a better deal on. There isn't much to separate the two except for the deck. They each use their own design, some people swear by the Toro deck some by the Exmark.

I chose exmark because the dealer support is better and they sold it to me for about $1400 less than the Toro.
Old 03-09-2011, 05:33 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

I own a 36 wright stander fixed deck and it is a great machine. Compact, easiy maneuverable, etc. It doesn't beat my toro zmaster on cut quality, but it is close!
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-09-2011, 07:31 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
I would go with the Grandstand. I have used both deck styles before and in my opinion the Toro deck does has a little better cut quality. Toro also has a excelent mulching kit that actually works well. The other thing to consider is that Toro has more deck size options. For some reason Exmark just can't get their 60" deck to work and they certainly have had long enough to do it... The 2011 Toro GS's have a redesined cables for the hydro controls which is much inproved and in my mind has eliminated any advantage that the Vantage had over the Grandstand. My vote is for the Toro but they are both owned and made by the same Co. essentially so it is really up to personal preference, price, and dealer service.
Old 04-22-2011, 07:05 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Well...Many guys dont know it but really Toro And Exmark are the same really....Toro Owns exmark.
So really its all about the buyers name preference! I personally like Exmark Better....
What happens is, Toro Comes out with a Mower- lets say the Grandstand. They wait and see if it "takes off" If so they Come out with it Under Exmark's Name also. Thats why the Vantage came out after the grandstand!
Old 04-22-2011, 07:25 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuttin-to-the-Max View Post
Well...Many guys dont know it but really Toro And Exmark are the same really....Toro Owns exmark.
So really its all about the buyers name preference! I personally like Exmark Better....
What happens is, Toro Comes out with a Mower- lets say the Grandstand. They wait and see if it "takes off" If so they Come out with it Under Exmark's Name also. Thats why the Vantage came out after the grandstand!
Oh, so the deck and everything is the same?
Old 04-22-2011, 07:39 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by delphied View Post
I think so!
My Vantage is at Weingartz ready to go! I might get it tomorrow if im not too lazy!
Old 04-22-2011, 08:01 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by delphied View Post
Wait what the he.l am i saying!?!?!? lol the only thing that is different is the decks!
Old 04-22-2011, 09:17 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I've got the 52" vride. I don't have a problem with the deck popping up but maybe thats just the 36". So far its been great, I've run a 48" cub tank and have been runing 52' ferris dd walkbehind. The cut on the vride is the best and I don't have to double cut near as much as I did with the other two. The mower handles better then a z and just as good as the walkbehinds but with a smaller footprint. The ride is more comfortable then a sulky. Its also better on a hill then a z.
Old 04-22-2011, 09:21 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuttin-to-the-Max View Post
Wait what the he.l am i saying!?!?!? lol the only thing that is different is the decks!
Take a closer look... Not only is the deck different, but the last time I looked the control systems are different from the handles down to the pumps. The Toro use cables where Exmark uses rods. Older Toros have the speed lever were Exmark has a adjustable front stop handle (an accident waiting to happen...). On the new Toro's they speed them up by moving the front bar 1/2inch further and put improved cables and linkage on them. I was also told by an Exmark dealer that the hydros are different too but I can't vouch for that. Still in my opinion I prefer the 2011 Toro's over the Exmark. Yes the same Co. but the Grandstand is a bit more refined and has more deck sizes.
Old 04-22-2011, 09:32 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by joemower View Post
Take a closer look... Not only is the deck different, but the last time I looked the control systems are different from the handles down to the pumps. The Toro use cables where Exmark uses rods. Older Toros have the speed lever were Exmark has a adjustable front stop handle (an accident waiting to happen...). On the new Toro's they speed them up by moving the front bar 1/2inch further and put improved cables and linkage on them. I was also told by an Exmark dealer that the hydros are different too but I can't vouch for that. Still in my opinion I prefer the 2011 Toro's over the Exmark. Yes the same Co. but the Grandstand is a bit more refined and has more deck sizes.

Yeah u might be right im no sales rep. i just go from what i experience and hear.
And For me im about to get my vantage 52" I said "Who cares whats one extra path on a House?"