Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 03-02-2011, 01:31 PM
LawnSite Member

Spring Flyer To Excising Customers

Was wondering if you guys could let me know what you send to your excising customers for a Spring Flyer. Or even if you don't what do you do for the new year as far as seeing if you have the Lawn Maintenance job.
Old 03-02-2011, 11:11 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Since day one, 11 years ago, I just send a letter out to all existing customers that they must not do anything if they want to renew their services. I make it sound like it is a luxury to them...or at least a conveinance for them. I state when I will start services, but let them know if they need services prior to date that I plan on starting, they can call me and I will be there for them.

At the bottom of the letter, I have all my services listed and have a check mark next to the services that I have planned for them. If they want to alter or cancel services, it's their move.

This method takes a little consideration and time to put together, but works well for me.

www.progressivelawn.com
www.wichitalawnmowing.com
www.partybuswichitaks.com

"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit."
- Aristotle

"Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication."
- Leonardo da Vinci
Old 03-03-2011, 12:53 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by walker-talker View Post
Since day one, 11 years ago, I just send a letter out to all existing customers that they must not do anything if they want to renew their services. I make it sound like it is a luxury to them...or at least a conveinance for them. I state when I will start services, but let them know if they need services prior to date that I plan on starting, they can call me and I will be there for them.

At the bottom of the letter, I have all my services listed and have a check mark next to the services that I have planned for them. If they want to alter or cancel services, it's their move.

This method takes a little consideration and time to put together, but works well for me.
Hey thanks for the input.... Around March 15 in the past I would call all of the customers and ask about there lawn service for the new year and that has worked... However it is always hard to hit them up for more work over the phone. Most of my customers are very busy and don't have the time to talk or at lease that is how they have come across to me. So this info that u give would be good for the extra service that I would recommend to them and it would give them time to think about it.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-03-2011, 06:18 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Definition: Excise = to cut off
Why do you want to "excise" existing customers? I would think you would want to keep them another season?
Oh, do you mean "existing"?
Old 03-04-2011, 09:28 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mowingman View Post
Definition: Excise = to cut off
Why do you want to "excise" existing customers? I would think you would want to keep them another season?
Oh, do you mean "existing"?
Yes sorry about the typo.... "existing" Is What I Mint
Old 03-04-2011, 10:49 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Actually, I though it was a little humorous. We all need a little humor now and then.
Old 03-04-2011, 02:33 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike's Lawn Care View Post
Yes sorry about the typo.... "existing" Is What I Mint
That's the best laugh I had today....good one...lol.

www.progressivelawn.com
www.wichitalawnmowing.com
www.partybuswichitaks.com

"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit."
- Aristotle

"Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication."
- Leonardo da Vinci
Old 03-06-2011, 04:11 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

so a few years ago i was looking for an esier way to contact our summer mowing accounts about aeration, power raking, fertilizing and sprinkler start up. I decided to make put together a letter that explains how beneficial aerating the lawn is. I even added a color picture that shows the roots, a plug taken and how the roots have room to breath after wards. I also include that we will be starting by a certain date and to call to make an appointment, services to be done on there usual mow day. This gets the customers thinking about it, most we have done for over 10 years so we already have them scheduled and they know this, the others call and we usually get them to add a power rake, sprinkler evaluation, light leaf clean something. I mailed the letters out last monday and almost all have called and almost all have wanted more than just the aeration. This letter is nice, alot of thoght went into it, the full page color showing a balloned square of lawn with plugs is the selling point. Its awesome. I thibk i took it from Ryans website, not positive. Phone calls take too long, letters are nice they can look at it at there convienece, call when they want, and they basically talk themselves into the services...reverse psychology....