Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 03-02-2011, 08:55 PM
LawnSite Member

Who should I deal with at whayne supply

Im done dealing with ohio cat i dont care for there service im goin to start buying stuff from whayne supply in kentucky but dont know who to deal with down there any suggestions?
Old 03-02-2011, 11:13 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.EXCAVATING View Post
Im done dealing with ohio cat i dont care for there service im goin to start buying stuff from whayne supply in kentucky but dont know who to deal with down there any suggestions?
They may not even sell to you if you are out of their territory trying to buy "new" equipment. I'm sure they would service what you have and sell you used equipment all day long.
Old 03-03-2011, 12:24 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Yea I don't think you can buy new equipment out of your area without the selling dealer paying "homage" to your local dealer. You might be better off having a sit down with Ohio Cat and see if you can come together on your issues with them. Going somewhere else always seems like the easiest until you factor in the time wasted going further for parts, and all the other assss tax issues that come up with having service further away. Wait until you try bringing a service truck from further away.

Proudly running CASE and Takeuchi equipment.
Old 03-03-2011, 01:27 AM
LawnSite Member

I'm really surprised you are having trouble with Ohio Cat. What branch do you deal with? I have a close friend that works for Ohio Cat, and I know a lot of people that really like Ohio Cat. Of course, I am biased, but it is interesting that you are having such trouble...sorry to hear that. Are you looking at buying a new machine, or parts problems? I wish I could be of some help, because I know at least 10 contractors in the area that have nothing but good things to say about them.
Old 03-03-2011, 07:08 AM
LawnSite Member

salesman are great to me i deal with vic gaskins in the cincinnati branch dealt with them for YEARS ohio cat themselves have done me dirty hear lately and done business with them for over 45 to 50 years.
Old 03-04-2011, 04:46 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Location: Louisville KY mainly... I bounce from place to place.
The guys at Whayne haven't done me over on anything, and I've dealt with multiple guys. They do know I don't take crap from anyone, though.
Old 03-09-2011, 07:17 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Used

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.EXCAVATING View Post
salesman are great to me i deal with vic gaskins in the cincinnati branch dealt with them for YEARS ohio cat themselves have done me dirty hear lately and done business with them for over 45 to 50 years.
Just bought a used late model dozer from Whayne Supply dealt with sale rep Owsley Costlow,at Bowling Green.Machine is in route to Iowa.Should be here tomorrow.If things goes right.

New you will have too go with your local dealer.Buy used anywhere.Might start picking up a few low houred machine away and they might start to come around.Good Luck
Old 03-09-2011, 10:05 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Construct'O View Post
Just bought a used late model dozer from Whayne Supply dealt with sale rep Owsley Costlow,at Bowling Green.Machine is in route to Iowa.Should be here tomorrow.If things goes right.

New you will have too go with your local dealer.Buy used anywhere.Might start picking up a few low houred machine away and they might start to come around.Good Luck
Construct'O, what did you get?
Old 03-09-2011, 10:26 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Cat

Dozerman got D6N XL it has diff steer with a semi U blade that is hard to find .I didn't want the six way blade.Going to use it with Alberta,skid wasn't heavy enough too winch too.

Will post a picture later.
Old 03-09-2011, 10:37 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Construct'O View Post
Dozerman got D6N XL it has diff steer with a semi U blade that is hard to find .I didn't want the six way blade.Going to use it with Alberta,skid wasn't heavy enough too winch too.

Will post a picture later.
Nice.... Call dispatch and have them stop in Indy for a couple of days all I'll get her muddy for ya!