The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 03-04-2011, 01:02 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

locks,

Quote:
Originally Posted by blk90s13 View Post
Good looking equipment, how many locks do you have on that trailer
I have eight altogether. But the three main are keyed the same. And the ramp only is locked when it is in storage or I am shopping in a store. The tool, trailer hitch and cage are the least used. The mowers are locked with a krypto combo lock with the same combination. (Move one #off and it is easy to lock and un-lock quickly). The edger and trimmer and cage are the same. The blower has a key/combo lock that is the same combo as the mowers. (I figure that if I some day need to hire some one they would be able to grab the blower with out a key) Yes it seems like a lot, and I know it is only a deterrent but, when you work alone you need to do something right. Once you get in the habit of locking and unlocking the stuff it goes very quick. Quicker than running home to get you back-up equipment!!!! This only gives me piece of mind grant it. But I figure doing something is much better than doing nothing.
Old 03-04-2011, 01:26 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Snow clearing

Now that I have officially retired from my full-time job of 31yrs. I decided to offer snow clearing. I only offered it to the first 10-12 clients that signed up for it. Well of coarse it did not snow much this year. I am kind of thankful as my honey dew list has been sorely neglected the past five years. But here are my blowers. The Honda is our newest addition as a friend from church that was moving out of his home and did not need it any longer. I told him I really did not need another blower but his said "I'll give you a smoking good deal. How’s $25 sound? All it needs is a little carb. work."

Well a buddy that helps me with most of my equipment came over and we tinkered with it a little while and had it running it about 15 minutes. But the carb. was leaking at the shut off valve. He had a new carb. at his house and now that is fixed. I bought a tank off E-Bay this week for $30, so for $55 not bad?
Attached Images

Old 03-04-2011, 03:45 PM
LawnSite Member

Thats going to be the ideal trailer to have if gas prices keep climbing the way they are expected to! nice effecient setup.
Old 03-04-2011, 05:39 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Trailer works for me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob640 View Post
Thats going to be the ideal trailer to have if gas prices keep climbing the way they are expected to! nice effecient setup.
It really is, I can get my 32" mower in the front and I swing the 21" sideways behind it. Most of my accounts are with in a mile of my shop so if I need to go back and get a mower when one breaks it is OK. If I stay SOLO I will stay with it but, if I start to employee workers I will go to a 5x10 so we can have two of each mower on hand.

But I like the size of the trailer because it is easy to park in tight spots!!!
Old 03-14-2011, 11:20 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

A mower project.

Here is a picture of a mower that I put together to generate a little extra cash. This put together out of a few boned out Toro's. I have posted on C.L. and have already had two people call on it the first day.
Attached Images

Old 03-15-2011, 12:08 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

good luck this year!
Old 03-15-2011, 09:21 PM
LawnSite Member

Hey man good for a start. Save for a bigger trailer though. Maybe a 6 by 12 for you. Your nuts gunna need room to breath as they grow.
Old 03-16-2011, 01:26 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas Grundy View Post
Hey man good for a start. Save for a bigger trailer though. Maybe a 6 by 12 for you. Your nuts gunna need room to breath as they grow.
I think you maybe right but for a couple more years though this will do. I only want do service about 40-50 accounts solo. As I am retired now and want this to be my source of income until I am 70. I can see having a 5X10 trailer some day if I like mowing with the thirty-two inch mower. I want a new one and have the encore to mow accounts that have to many weeds like the lot I mow to keep the city off my customers back and be able to have the clean scags to cut regular lawns.
Old 03-20-2011, 11:15 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Wheel barrow fenders

Quote:
Originally Posted by deere615 View Post
That is pretty cool!
Yes that is what they are. Now it would be even cooler if I was the one who was thinking out-side of the box, but it wasn't not me but the guy I bought the trailer from. All the other modes I did my-self and there's not much to them, The drop gate, and trailer cage.
But since it is something to talk about. I think I will try to do the same on the 5X10 trailer when I finally get one.
Old 03-21-2011, 01:43 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Project

Here is my project I completed this week to go along with my other saw. I had to replace the muffler and also JB weld the seam on the tank. Some one must of got careless with it while they were up in the air. Now it is ready for work! (a friend gave it to me, I have about $60 in repairs and $20 on a new chain)
Attached Images