Register free!

Old 03-04-2011, 01:37 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

any body have info

on this company? just curious to know if anybody has run into them before and any info that might be not available on a google search.

http://www.dbiservices.com/
Old 03-04-2011, 02:42 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by turf hokie View Post
on this company? just curious to know if anybody has run into them before and any info that might be not available on a google search.

http://www.dbiservices.com/
I spoke with them this past fall... getting information regarding VM chemicals, rates and application method. They were very helpful but thats the extent of it.

"Democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." Thomas Jefferson
Old 03-04-2011, 03:53 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Thanks Olcllc, they are starting to do work around here and just wanted to see if I might be up against a brick wall on future work around here.

They look like a monster company and man its gonna suck to go up against them on some of this work..

Any body else??
Old 03-04-2011, 06:16 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Thanks Olcllc, they are starting to do work around here and just wanted to see if I might be up against a brick wall on future work around here.

They look like a monster company and man its gonna suck to go up against them on some of this work..

Any body else??
They are VERY BIG and well connected, do industrial and railroad weed control
around here. Oh did I mention they are cheap ?

You can replace a grippy customer easier than you can replace a good employee !
Old 03-04-2011, 06:19 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:

Any body else??
Not sure what your niche is... I thought they only did large industrial plants and facilities 100 - 500 acre places.

"Democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." Thomas Jefferson
Old 03-04-2011, 06:29 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by olcllc View Post
Not sure what your niche is... I thought they only did large industrial plants and facilities 100 - 500 acre places.
Niche is anything that we are licensed to do....

we do some right of way, and municipal type work for vegetation control.

They just took an aquatic contract locally and I am a wee bit nervous that the work I have is next on their list....
Old 03-04-2011, 06:56 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Niche is anything that we are licensed to do....

we do some right of way, and municipal type work for vegetation control.

They just took an aquatic contract locally and I am a wee bit nervous that the work I have is next on their list....
I've heard they have extremely good buying power and even manufacture some of their chemicals but don't hold me to that. I'll do some more research.

I've approached our local electric cooperative but they are in a five year contract with a group out of Texas which i believe just subs out the work.

Old 03-04-2011, 07:17 PM
LawnSite Member

Ok, since I last visited DBI Services website in Oct or Nov 2010 it has changed because they did not have the three other divisions: Aquagenix, Alenza, and Lawn Specialties. Alenza is their chemical distributing division so i can see where it would be hard to compete price wise since they own the chemical company and distribute others as well. Talk about owning the market.
I hope they stay in the North East.

Old 03-04-2011, 11:27 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Sounds and looks like the mafia.

Please tell me I'm wrong.

Terry
Old 03-05-2011, 02:29 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Yeah, I am not happy about this situation that has presented itself. My contacts are not thrilled about their presence because they are more than happy with our work and results but unfortunatley for me it is a low bid situation....

this is gonna suck...the only upside to this is, honestly, the materials part of what we are contracted to do are minimal, it is one of those labor intensive projects....

I feel like David against Goliath, hope my slingshot is accurate...