Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 03-09-2011, 10:06 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duffster View Post
I am truly interested in hearing about this HazMat Endorsement.
Duffster

Unlike the Mid West where they give away Pesticide Cert in Cracker Jack Boxes, Florida has some of the strictest rules about Pesticide in the nation. We actually have to take a Real Pesticide Test to get Certified. AND HazMat training is offered by both the Manufactures and County extension services. It might not be the same training or cert as a CDL might have but it is a Cert and without one you can not legally clean up your own spill in Florida. I will actually be attending a HazMat CEU class on March 29.

"TG doesn't give a rats ass about being "Responsible" as long as sales/production quotas are met. That's it in a nutshell. A recipe for disaster IMO." Ted Putnam 2/28/14

You can lead a Donkey to water but you can't make the Jackass Drink

"As Americans you have the right to be stupid." John Kerry

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.” John Wayne.
Old 03-09-2011, 10:20 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ric View Post
Duffster

Unlike the Mid West where they give away Pesticide Cert in Cracker Jack Boxes, Florida has some of the strictest rules about Pesticide in the nation. We actually have to take a Real Pesticide Test to get Certified. AND HazMat training is offered by both the Manufactures and County extension services. It might not be the same training or cert as a CDL might have but it is a Cert and without one you can not legally clean up your own spill in Florida. I will actually be attending a HazMat CEU class on March 29.
So pesticide isn't a hazardous material requiring placards?

Just trying to wrap my Brian around this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Oomkes
Your argument falls flatter than a 3 day old roadkill squirrel.
Old 03-11-2011, 04:58 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Must read web link

Here is an advisory from Manatee County Extension Service about DOT inspection stops. DOT can be very hard about having all the I dotted and T crossed.

http://prohortmanatee.wordpress.com/...=Yahoo%21+Mail

"TG doesn't give a rats ass about being "Responsible" as long as sales/production quotas are met. That's it in a nutshell. A recipe for disaster IMO." Ted Putnam 2/28/14

Old 03-15-2011, 03:46 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Duffster

So you are here from the Midwest to tells us how to do things in Florida. Sorry I do not have a CDL but I do have HazMat Endorsement AND I AM NOT REQUIRED TO IN THE STATE OF FLORIDA. May I suggest you start your Brian before engaging your Key Board.
How aboot a tanker endorsement?

Who's Brian?
Old 03-15-2011, 03:49 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Oomkes View Post
Who's Brian?
I don't know but I was hoping he could tell us how to get a HazMat endorsement without a CDL.

Quote:
Old 03-15-2011, 06:17 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Mark & Duffster

You guy are the typical stereotype of why southerners hate G.D. Yankees. You come south or into a southern Forum and try and tell us how to do things or knock what we do. Here in Florida I would tell you real quick if you don't like what we do, Take I 75 North we won't miss you.

The HazMat certification we are talking about is from the Florida Dept of Agriculture and Consumer Services Bureau of Entomology & Pest Control. It is not connected to the Dept of Transportation or the HazMat Endorement for Certified Drivers License or CDL.

Old 03-15-2011, 06:38 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Mark & Duffster

You guy are the typical stereotype of why southerners hate G.D. Yankees. You come south or into a southern Forum and try and tell us how to do things or knock what we do. Here in Florida I would tell you real quick if you don't like what we do, Take I 75 North we won't miss you.
You hear that MarkO? He called you a GD yankee!

Quote:
The HazMat certification we are talking about is from the Florida Dept of Agriculture and Consumer Services Bureau of Entomology & Pest Control. It is not connected to the Dept of Transportation or the HazMat Endorement for Certified Drivers License or CDL.
CERTIFIED driver license. Ya can't write commedy like that.

Quote:
Old 03-16-2011, 08:31 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjlco View Post
How many FL guys have DOT numbers? This has been discussed a gazillion times I'm sure, just curious. And can you get them if you don't need them? Its my understanding you don't need to register in FL if your gvr is under 26,001. I can't see many lco's being over that...
Quote:
Tjlco

A few years back after a DOT NUMBERS disscussion I checked with my local license plate bureau here in Florida. I was told Florida doesn't require DOT Numbers. This might of changed because my information is not up to date. BUT I see one heck of a lot of trucks WITHOUT DOT NUMBERS.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjlco View Post
Yeah me too, and after tons of searching and a phonecall I came up with this:
The Florida Department of Transportation, Office of Motor Carrier Compliance, on March 1,1999, implemented a new Motor Carrier Registration Program for Intrastate motor carriers. Your company is now required to obtain a USDOT number and display it on all your commercial motor vehicles (CMV's) if your company operates a CMV that:
1. has a declared gross vehicle weight of 26,001 lbs or more;
2. transports hazardous materials requiring placarding;
3. transports hazardous materials in a vehicle with a gross weight rating of 10,001 lbs or more; and/or
4. is designed to transport more than 15 passengers, including the driver, for compensation.
This requirement is not limited to "trucking companies". A motor carrier is any commercial enterprise that uses such vehicles in the furtherance of its business. If your company operates a commercial vehicle, you are subject to Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations, which includes obtaining and displaying a USDOT number. These regulations were adopted in Section 316.302, Florida Statutes.

now I do carry about 35 total gallons of fuel so maybe I need it for that, not the weight
Quote:
Mark & Duffster

Perchance, most esteemed southern gentleman Ric, you will notice why Duffster and myself were questioning you regarding your "HazMat Endorsement" now, because this thread started off aboot DOT #'s, trucks, etc. Nothing to do with some HazMat cert from the Dept of Ag which is a totally different dept than Florida DOT.

You are the one who crossed from one licensing authority to another while the original poster was asking aboot something that had nothing to do with what you are talking aboot.

But yet, we are the ignorant ones.

Whatever.
Old 03-16-2011, 09:40 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Oomkes View Post
You are the one who crossed from one licensing authority to another while the original poster was asking aboot something that had nothing to do with what you are talking aboot.

But yet, we are the ignorant ones.

Whatever.
What you are failing to understand is what makes you G.D. Yankees.

D Yankee read our threads and learns something.

G.D. Yankee reads our threads and is too G.D. Dumb to learn anything, so they post their worthless opinions.

Old 03-16-2011, 10:41 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
What you are failing to understand is what makes you G.D. Yankees.

D Yankee read our threads and learns something.

G.D. Yankee reads our threads and is too G.D. Dumb to learn anything, so they post their worthless opinions.
I love you!

Hugs and kisses.

PS Being the internet and all, how do you know I'm not a 15 YO schoolgirl from SoBeach?