Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 09-17-2002, 04:57 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

truck mods

well, if some of you remember, i was going to supe up my 2002 chevy 2500HD Duramax. well, yesterday was the day for the install, and i cant beleive how powerful my truck now is. if any of you have a duramax or powerstroke, i highly recommend putting the banks exhaust on. it makes the truck sound sweet. I put a k&N fipk intake in, the Edge "Juice" and a banks 4 inch turbo back exhaust. You can do burnouts with no problem now . I cant beleive what a difference the box makes. I smile everytime i hit the gas.
Old 09-18-2002, 12:14 AM

Mine won't burn out, maybe it is the driver or the tires. But it will pull a big load (24,000 to 26,000 lbs) at 75 no prob.

I got a K&N, straight pipe exhaust, Flow Jam exhaust brake, Bully Dog 75 HP chip, and soon will have Bully Dog Propane Injection. I am hoping that happens this week. I am waiting for a friend to help me put it on. He has done other trucks and owes me a little money. So I figure why not?

What is the "Juice"?
Old 09-18-2002, 07:49 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

the "juice" made by poweredge is a computer type module that plugs into the computer and plays around with your timing and other aspects of the motor for better performance. It has four power settings all the way up to a 90 hp gain. I set it up so everyday driving is at the 90 hp gain and tow haul is at 60 hp gain. You can change the settings with the gear shift and the gas pedal in two minutes. If you ever have warranty work, you just ungplug the whole unit and take it out. its a great thing
Old 09-18-2002, 09:07 AM

Sounds like a power chip for the PS. Now you can even get a flip chip for them, costs around $600 to $700. You have stock, and then two other HP settings programed into it. It all changes at the flip of a switch.

Most people that have it go with the stock setting, 50 HP for daily driving and added fuel mileage, and then some where between 80 to 120 HP for bad azz towing capability.