Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 03-14-2011, 10:05 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tri-City Outdoors View Post
Yep, little high it is $150 per day w/trailer. At-least in our part of the woods.
What kills me is a sod cutter is $105 per day! Probably will pay for it's self if I just break down and buy one. Wish I could find a good use one at a fair price!
Check around at the big box and rental stores - I passed on a claussen from Home Depot earlier this year for $1600 and a good Honda engine with only roughly 70 hours on it, went back the next day and it of course was gone.

Providing Lawn Services, Landscape Installations and Solutions and Sod Services in the Oviedo Florida Market

If you aspire to a six-figure income, don't get advice from someone making $18,000 a year!
Old 03-17-2011, 12:15 AM
LawnSite Member

Cool

Wow.... for some reason these forum replies were not going to my email so I thought no one answered and know I see 4 pages LOL. But anyways guys. I am not BSing. I have 40,000 -45,000 sq ft of sod lined up and we are knocking out jobs daily and still have ones rolling in. I have ONE job alone for 16,00 of floratam at one house. The rest are average sized yards 4,000-8,000 sq ft. 18x400 is 7200 and 18x 500 is 9,000. There for most of the jobs I have are right around 1 semi load of sod and if there is any extra I willm just have them put it on my trailer and use it at another job.

I buy from a local sod company therefore I am being taxed and would like to just find a trucker to truck me sod directly from the field. I now have a guy in town who will unload it and spot it out at my job for 125. If any of you non sarcastic hater aid drinking lawn guys have any suggestions for me or help I would greatly appreciate it and if anyone is in the Tampa , fl area involved in sod let me know
and by the way I did not under bid my self im just trying to maximize my profit by paying less per pallet. 58 cents a sq ft is not bad for floratam
Old 03-17-2011, 08:53 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

I hate sod....did 7 pallets yesterday...I hurt today. And I'm curious I paid 937.36 to have 6 of those pallets delivered. One I had from previous job. Thats 156.22 each ....500 square foot pallets of sa. I used to get them for 130 each free delivery, I guess no more. Had I paid for the the 7th pallet, it would work out to .31 cents per square foot. Now this was my own house, but had it been a paying customer, I would have had to rent a sod cutter,(didn't because we bought lot next door and cleared it with a grader). plus haul away and pay to dump 3500 square feet of crap....@ 58 cents a square foot this job would pay 2030.00...minus 1093 for sod, 100 for rental, at least 100 to dump, minimum 200 payroll. Idk .....sod sucks lol
Old 03-17-2011, 08:33 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zzach001 View Post
58 cents a sq ft is not bad for floratam
That is pretty low if you ask me, unless ALL of your jobs are bulk. PM your phone number - my bobcat guy may do if the price is right - he could pick up, deliver and spot them for you with his bob cat and trailer - assuming you guys can come to a fair price. I can tell you the price of diesel for his 450 or 550 is not going down - so I am not sure how this will work out for you.

Providing Lawn Services, Landscape Installations and Solutions and Sod Services in the Oviedo Florida Market

If you aspire to a six-figure income, don't get advice from someone making $18,000 a year!
Old 03-19-2011, 12:21 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

I was wondering, what method do you use to get old dead grass from yard to truck? We use the big gree barrels, but can only fill them less than half, then lift them into truck. Over and over and over and over again. Though of making some kind of ramp do push wheelbarrow up but that doesn't seem safe. A bobcat or loader sure would be nice...lol

Tags
bobcat , skid loader , sod