Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 03-08-2011, 05:27 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

what works best for hanging on doors? wha to pay to deliver?

how do you attach things to doors?...knobs?

i can see how a door hanger works ok on knobs but what do you do for screen doors?

also do you knock ot just leave it at the front door?

also i have a guy i work with that has off monday thru thursday? whats a reasonable rate to pay him to deliver these door to door?
Old 03-09-2011, 11:18 PM
LawnSite Member

We started putting ours out not this last Monday but the Feb 28th. I expected it to go alot faster than what it did though. We were able to pass them out 4 days of the whole week, due to rain and other unexpected things. Just me and one other guy. Out of those 4 days we only got out about 1500, which was quit sad.
Out of those 1500, these are the call break downs:
-Spring Cleanup calls: 2; Got: 1
-Weekly Maintenance calls: 2; Got 1
-People wanting a job: 2
So it wasn't the turnout i had hoped for. But we still got 8500 more to put out so maybe it'll turn around. But one suggestion I will make is to not hire some one to pass them out, at least not without you. That's just asking for someone to take your money without doing any work. I was planning on paying a 12 year to help us like .10 for each one he got out, but of course I was watching him from a short distance. Plus its good exercise before the season starts.
Old 03-10-2011, 02:27 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

On screen doors I kinda fold them just enough to stay in the handle and still be visible. Or just shut them in the door. I will tell you this, I did 500 in 1 day by myself and my feet felt so bad I couldnt walk the next day. I tried to go out the next day and almost had to crawl back to my truck. That was my first time doing it without knocking on doors and I dont know how well it worked but I feel I get better results when I can talk to the people. So you can look at it 1 of 2 ways. Slow down and knock, talk to people and have a better sales %. Or just hang them get more out and that will lessen your %. Good luck on whatever you do.
Old 03-10-2011, 02:30 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillie View Post
On screen doors I kinda fold them just enough to stay in the handle and still be visible. Or just shut them in the door. I will tell you this, I did 500 in 1 day by myself and my feet felt so bad I couldnt walk the next day. I tried to go out the next day and almost had to crawl back to my truck. That was my first time doing it without knocking on doors and I dont know how well it worked but I feel I get better results when I can talk to the people. So you can look at it 1 of 2 ways. Slow down and knock, talk to people and have a better sales %. Or just hang them get more out and that will lessen your %. Good luck on whatever you do.
What do you feel is your sales % when you knock on doors and talk to people?
Oh and yeah it will kill your feet. Don't wear your work boots, put on some running shoes some nikes something like that. Comfortable shoes with some good soles.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-10-2011, 02:33 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

I figure I am at about 10%. I noticed that when I dont I only get about a 2% call back. To me it is money down the drain hanging all those hangers and getting less of a return. Other people may have different results I'm sure.
Old 03-10-2011, 04:05 PM
LawnSite Member

I have 10,000 going out next wednesday. Cost me .07 per, to distribute. I had controll over exactly what neighborhoods to advertise in. I will be driving around in a non-company car to spot check the entire day. I pay at the end of the day. Not pre-pay.

Mike
Old 03-10-2011, 04:10 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ef200098 View Post
I have 10,000 going out next wednesday. Cost me .07 per, to distribute. I had controll over exactly what neighborhoods to advertise in. I will be driving around in a non-company car to spot check the entire day. I pay at the end of the day. Not pre-pay.

Mike
That's it?? $700 to distribute 10,000 doorhangers? Nice.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-10-2011, 04:12 PM
LawnSite Member

Yeah, its a small business that does it around here. All the big boys wanted .10 per for 10k.

Mike
Old 03-10-2011, 04:15 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ef200098 View Post
Yeah, its a small business that does it around here. All the big boys wanted .10 per for 10k.

Mike
Do you have an expected return rate for all those? If so, what? And if you don't mind me asking, about what are the values of the houses your marketing?
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-10-2011, 05:08 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Visit our website at rndsigns.com or call us at 800-328-4009 to request FREE sample packet.

We have great discounts on all promotional pieces at affordable prices.