Register free!
Search
 
     

The Green Industry's Resource Center


Click for Weather
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 03-08-2011, 05:27 PM
grass disaster's Avatar
grass disaster grass disaster is offline
LawnSite Silver Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: sunny minnesota
Posts: 2,442
what works best for hanging on doors? wha to pay to deliver?

how do you attach things to doors?...knobs?

i can see how a door hanger works ok on knobs but what do you do for screen doors?

also do you knock ot just leave it at the front door?

also i have a guy i work with that has off monday thru thursday? whats a reasonable rate to pay him to deliver these door to door?
__________________
Lawn Service Lonsdale
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 03-09-2011, 11:18 PM
Houston Wyatt Houston Wyatt is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Memphis TN
Posts: 49
We started putting ours out not this last Monday but the Feb 28th. I expected it to go alot faster than what it did though. We were able to pass them out 4 days of the whole week, due to rain and other unexpected things. Just me and one other guy. Out of those 4 days we only got out about 1500, which was quit sad.
Out of those 1500, these are the call break downs:
-Spring Cleanup calls: 2; Got: 1
-Weekly Maintenance calls: 2; Got 1
-People wanting a job: 2
So it wasn't the turnout i had hoped for. But we still got 8500 more to put out so maybe it'll turn around. But one suggestion I will make is to not hire some one to pass them out, at least not without you. That's just asking for someone to take your money without doing any work. I was planning on paying a 12 year to help us like .10 for each one he got out, but of course I was watching him from a short distance. Plus its good exercise before the season starts.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 03-10-2011, 02:27 AM
phillie's Avatar
phillie phillie is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: indianapolis, in
Posts: 845
On screen doors I kinda fold them just enough to stay in the handle and still be visible. Or just shut them in the door. I will tell you this, I did 500 in 1 day by myself and my feet felt so bad I couldnt walk the next day. I tried to go out the next day and almost had to crawl back to my truck. That was my first time doing it without knocking on doors and I dont know how well it worked but I feel I get better results when I can talk to the people. So you can look at it 1 of 2 ways. Slow down and knock, talk to people and have a better sales %. Or just hang them get more out and that will lessen your %. Good luck on whatever you do.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 03-10-2011, 02:30 AM
Houston Wyatt Houston Wyatt is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Memphis TN
Posts: 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by phillie View Post
On screen doors I kinda fold them just enough to stay in the handle and still be visible. Or just shut them in the door. I will tell you this, I did 500 in 1 day by myself and my feet felt so bad I couldnt walk the next day. I tried to go out the next day and almost had to crawl back to my truck. That was my first time doing it without knocking on doors and I dont know how well it worked but I feel I get better results when I can talk to the people. So you can look at it 1 of 2 ways. Slow down and knock, talk to people and have a better sales %. Or just hang them get more out and that will lessen your %. Good luck on whatever you do.
What do you feel is your sales % when you knock on doors and talk to people?
Oh and yeah it will kill your feet. Don't wear your work boots, put on some running shoes some nikes something like that. Comfortable shoes with some good soles.
Posted via Mobile Device
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 03-10-2011, 02:33 AM
phillie's Avatar
phillie phillie is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: indianapolis, in
Posts: 845
I figure I am at about 10%. I noticed that when I dont I only get about a 2% call back. To me it is money down the drain hanging all those hangers and getting less of a return. Other people may have different results I'm sure.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 03-10-2011, 04:05 PM
ef200098 ef200098 is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Saint Louis
Posts: 129
I have 10,000 going out next wednesday. Cost me .07 per, to distribute. I had controll over exactly what neighborhoods to advertise in. I will be driving around in a non-company car to spot check the entire day. I pay at the end of the day. Not pre-pay.

Mike
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 03-10-2011, 04:10 PM
Houston Wyatt Houston Wyatt is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Memphis TN
Posts: 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by ef200098 View Post
I have 10,000 going out next wednesday. Cost me .07 per, to distribute. I had controll over exactly what neighborhoods to advertise in. I will be driving around in a non-company car to spot check the entire day. I pay at the end of the day. Not pre-pay.

Mike
That's it?? $700 to distribute 10,000 doorhangers? Nice.
Posted via Mobile Device
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 03-10-2011, 04:12 PM
ef200098 ef200098 is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Saint Louis
Posts: 129
Yeah, its a small business that does it around here. All the big boys wanted .10 per for 10k.

Mike
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 03-10-2011, 04:15 PM
Houston Wyatt Houston Wyatt is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Memphis TN
Posts: 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by ef200098 View Post
Yeah, its a small business that does it around here. All the big boys wanted .10 per for 10k.

Mike
Do you have an expected return rate for all those? If so, what? And if you don't mind me asking, about what are the values of the houses your marketing?
Posted via Mobile Device
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 03-10-2011, 05:08 PM
rnd rnd is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Minneapolis, Mn.
Posts: 248
Visit our website at rndsigns.com or call us at 800-328-4009 to request FREE sample packet.

We have great discounts on all promotional pieces at affordable prices.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©1998 - 2012, LawnSite.comô - Moose River Media
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:09 PM.

Page generated in 0.10373 seconds with 9 queries