Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 03-13-2011, 11:09 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Anyone running a white trailer?

i was wondering if any of you were running a white open trailer (as in the color) i have a thing about matching truck and trailer colors and i bought a white truck so im not 100% a red trailer looks that great (plus its needing a paint job anyway) would you go with white or black?
Old 03-13-2011, 11:27 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Go with black. How's it going Hawg City.
Old 03-13-2011, 11:48 PM
LawnSite Member

Just painted mine green and it turned out a lot better than I thought it would but I would go with black over white unless you want to spend a lot of time washing it. The advantage with the white one though is you wouldn't worry about someone stealing it. They usually stay away from rare colored trailers that's why I painted mine.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-14-2011, 12:59 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by todd moran View Post
Go with black. How's it going Hawg City.
hey man its been great finally glad to get back in the swing of things after this winter... is it just me or are the weeds out in full force this year?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lyndont View Post
Just painted mine green and it turned out a lot better than I thought it would but I would go with black over white unless you want to spend a lot of time washing it. The advantage with the white one though is you wouldn't worry about someone stealing it. They usually stay away from rare colored trailers that's why I painted mine.
Posted via Mobile Device
yeah i dont think ive ever truely washed a trailer to be honest i think ive sprayed it off a couple of times but thats about it the problem is black is just so common ive always kinda liked standing out a little such as the whole matching colors thing there was one guy around town that use to have a white f250 with a white tandem trailer always looked pretty slick but i havent seen him around in a couple of years i might have to try this thing out but the whole sanding the red down and maybe a primer then still possibly having it show through when its white just might suck
Old 03-14-2011, 10:21 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I'd like to see some pics of a white utility trailer if anybody is using one.
Old 03-15-2011, 12:54 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

My trailer is white. I don't have a real recent pic, but this is from a few years back... The truck I pull it with now is white so it does look better together.

The trailer needs to be repainted again, I think it's been 3 seasons now... Yes, the white does show more grime, but really there's not that much area on an open trailer to get dirty. the wheels and the fenders are about the only areas that you can tell when they are dirty. I think rather than a repaint I'm going to go with a new trailer this time around... This old beast has been repaired many times, and repainted probably 8 times in it's life. It's really hard to get any kind of a good paint job over old paint that's constantly flaking off. Sand blasting it down to bare metal would be the only way and that's not cost effective! It's a pretty lightweight built trailer, lots of flex... It's 20' long and set up the way I want it though.

Last edited by Jason Rose; 03-15-2011 at 01:01 AM.
Old 03-15-2011, 10:15 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Trailer looks good. Got any pics of it with the white truck?
Old 03-15-2011, 10:50 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Yeah, there's several on here but I will post one later. I still don't have a recent picture of the whole rig! Always think of it when I'm working but always moving too fast and too busy to get a pic!
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-17-2011, 09:45 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

a buddy of mine runs white dodge trucks and white trailers like Jason Rose's picture and i think it looks great. The only dirt that really shows up is in the fenders and the front of the trailer.

I my self run white/orange trucks with orange trailers and they do stand out.

Black is my opinion a bad color for a trailer as they always look dull after a year and dont have a shine to them.