Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 03-15-2011, 11:01 AM
LawnSite Member

Hello Soduniforms,

Thank you. We have tried very hard to make the website very easy to use and to meet the needs and wants of the landscape industry.

We have tried to simplify our fees as much as possible to try and save our clients as much money as possible.
Old 03-15-2011, 11:07 AM
LawnSite Member

Your welcome Lefet. Please let me know if you have any more questions, or if there is anything I can help you with.
Old 03-15-2011, 01:50 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Welcome, I like the idea and website link. I dont mind the transaction costs on my end and even dont mind the monthly charge. But my clients will not be happy about the fee on their side.
Old 03-15-2011, 02:11 PM
LawnSite Member

Hello GMLC,

I think you will be surprised to see your clients not minding at all. The reason I say this is because those who already pay for items online with their credit cards are already used to paying convenience fees. For instance there are convenience fees for paying your mortgage online, paying utility bills, etc. Whether they pay for the convenience of paying online, or not, there is always a cost associated with sending their payment out by check. Stamps, envelopes, and of course their time.

We have found that people who like, or want, to pay their bills/invoices electronically are fine with the convenience fee simply because it saves them time. And often the reward points they obtain is worth the small fee to them.

I should add too, that even though your clients will benefit from this service, LandscapePayments.com was set up mainly for the lawn and landscape pro. This is an excellent way for you to obtain your money faster. And instead of spending time trying to collect on procrastinating payers, or continually servicing a client that hasn't paid, you can simply obtain a credit card payment, whether it is done by the client, or you enter the transaction yourself via a phone call.

If you have any other questions please feel free to contact me.

Last edited by LandscapePayments.com; 03-15-2011 at 02:21 PM.
Old 03-15-2011, 02:28 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LandscapePayments.com View Post
Hello GMLC,

I think you will be surprised to see your clients not minding at all. The reason I say this is because those who already pay for items online with their credit cards are already used to paying convenience fees. For instance there are convenience fees for paying your mortgage online, paying utility bills, etc. Whether they pay for the convenience of paying online, or not, there is always a cost associated with sending their payment out by check. Stamps, envelopes, and of course their time.

We have found that people who like, or want, to pay their bills/invoices electronically are fine with the convenience fee simply because it saves them time. And often the reward points they obtain is worth the small fee to them.

If you have any other questions please feel free to contact me.
I don't seem to remember paying any charges when I am the consumer buying products/services and paying bills online. Just enter my card info and the bill gets paid or product is purchased. The business pays the fees when I'm the consumer buying their products or services.
Old 03-15-2011, 02:58 PM
LawnSite Member

GMLC,

I completely understand your reasoning. However, convenience fees are very common. I will use my personal situation as an example. I pay all of my monthly bills online. I literally can not remember the last time I wrote a check. One of my utility bills has a flat $5 convenience fee. In my opinion, it is completely worth paying the $5 so I don't have to dig out my check book, go to the post office for stamps, and go get envelopes. And this is one of a number of bills I pay with convenience fees.

I know this may sound odd to some, but there are many people out there like myself that pay all their bills electronically, and are completely fine with the convenience fees to do so.
Old 03-15-2011, 07:17 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Just wanted to say that we ONLY accept credit/debit cards...each and every one of our clients needs to open a billing acct. prior to doing business with us. we run their card the minute the job is complete and the client is happy...even on a "mow and go" acct.
we never wait to be paid anymore...it costs way more to wait for your money than it does to pay for the ability to accept credit cards....that said, you can find many "merchant acct." services to handle credit card acceptance...and you dont need a website...with fuel going through the roof you need your cash flow to be steady.,.and waiting to be paid is just not worth it....as far as conv. fees...i would NEVER ask my clients to pay more with a credit card...especially when that is all we will take as payment...our merch. acct does not charge our customers a dime....you may get a few people to pay a conv. fee but i bet more will just find a new landcape co. just my 2 cents worth.

Last edited by MR-G; 03-15-2011 at 07:22 PM.
Old 03-15-2011, 09:39 PM
LawnSite Member

Hello MR-G,

Thank you for the reply. I think it is great you only accept credit cards. It sounds like you have a very progressive business. Statistics have shown that there are more and more people paying electronically nowadays. However, I would also be willing to bet that you may have lost clients because of the unwillingness to open a billing account. I may be wrong but, I am assuming that it means storing their credit card information on file and running it once the job is complete. There are very strict rules established by the Payment Card Industry on storing credit card information. There are a number of people I know that would want to pay the convenience fee simply to know their credit card information is secure and not stored.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-15-2011, 10:24 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Do the rates go down any with higher avg. invoices?

“If I accept you as you are, I will make you worse; however, if I treat you as though you are what you are capable of becoming, I help you become that.”
Old 03-15-2011, 10:32 PM
LawnSite Member

Hello Az Gardener,

We are certainly willing to work with you given higher monthly volumes. We try to remain flexible, where we can, for the benefit of our clients.

Feel free to contact me to discuss further.