Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 04-07-2011, 11:19 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Sorry to hear that. Sounds like a schetchy dealer. Another will come soon enough
cub cadet lawn mower 21 inch
Abunch of shovels, racks excetra.
Old 04-07-2011, 11:30 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by newjerseylandscaping View Post
Sorry to hear that. Sounds like a schetchy dealer. Another will come soon enough
hopefully soon, i have 40 yards of mulch needed to be completed by May 1st! and another 60 yards by May 21st.

I might just get a dump trailer BUT I NEED A WORK TRUCK. Not a 1500 ram. There is a brickman truck for sale for 6,000 dollars with a 7.3L with 87k miles on it. Its got a flat bed dump though. And its a crew cab. Very Large wheel base

Insured and Licensed
Old 04-07-2011, 04:21 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Not the best for plowing imo. are 4wds rare there? in the dump venacular?
Old 04-07-2011, 06:42 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Not the best for plowing imo. are 4wds rare there? in the dump venacular?
4x4's in michigan? are you kidding? If you arent plowing with 6k lbs of salt you would be sliding everywhere with 4x2 with a light truck

for an f550 plowing would be fine, for a 1500 4x2 would be awful

How do you know how goo plows and plow trucks are from not ever plowing in a plow truck? Your starting out this year right? And your trying to give advice about how trucks plow? It depends all on how you outfit them. If you take a 1500 and put a 9ft blade on it, obviously it will strain and spin tires because the car is so light. If you take a 16k lb f550 and put a 9ft blade on it, it would push no problem.

What experience do you have with plow trucks?

Insured and Licensed
Old 04-07-2011, 07:31 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

only read the 1st page, one huge thing to check is the fuel tank, they delaminate and whipe out fuel pumps, sending units, injectors, the tank is $900 alone. one of fords great screwups, 100yrs in business and they cant make a fuel tank. it happened twice to mine in 2 years. its costly to be repaired too. everyone around hear is going though it at least once on them.

also, the GVW should be no more than 19K. good luck

trucks
mowers
stuff

Sig Sauer Sercurity
Old 04-07-2011, 09:44 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by supercuts View Post
only read the 1st page, one huge thing to check is the fuel tank, they delaminate and whipe out fuel pumps, sending units, injectors, the tank is $900 alone. one of fords great screwups, 100yrs in business and they cant make a fuel tank. it happened twice to mine in 2 years. its costly to be repaired too. everyone around hear is going though it at least once on them.

also, the GVW should be no more than 19K. good luck
guess you didnt read the previous post like 4 post ago. Everything that could be wrong with it, WAS, and some!

Insured and Licensed
Old 04-07-2011, 11:14 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Delong, WHen i posted that for some reason i was thinking you were from some were else. Also, In the past three years ive made it a point to find out as much information about the industry from mulch ing to plowing and everything in between both from personal experience and trough reasearch. The maijor point of my opinion of that long of a wheel base is based on 3 things. 1.acording to most guys on plowsite they can be pain to plow with. 2. i went plowing with my neibore 3 times this year. there was another guy that plows with him with a crew cab dump. He slid all over the place. Number three is based on plowing with my neibeir. He has a 350 crew cab with the 8 foot bed. He uses it for contracting and plowing. He said i it wasnt for e has 2 kids and possibly wants more and that he need an 8ft bed hed have the six foot bed. any way just my opinion. Take it for what its worth, i can only pass on what ive acknowlaged trogh the past few years.
Old 04-07-2011, 11:55 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Delong, When i posted that for some reason i was thinking you were from some were else. Also, In the past three years ive made it a point to find out as much information about the industry from mulch ing to plowing and everything in between both from personal experience and trough research. The maijor point of my opinion of that long of a wheel base is based on 3 things. 1.acording to most guys on plowsite they can be pain to plow with. 2. i went plowing with my neighbor 3 times this year. there was another guy that plows with him with a crew cab dump. He slid all over the place. Number three is based on plowing with my neibeir. He has a 350 crew cab with the 8 foot bed. He uses it for contracting and plowing. He said i it wasnt for e has 2 kids and possibly wants more and that he need an 8ft bed hed have the six foot bed. any way just my opinion. Take it for what its worth, i can only pass on what ive acknowlaged trogh the past few years.

Reading and listening to someone who has never plowed with a dump truck doesnt mean you are a viable source, i get that its your opinion and i have went over the pro's and con's of all the feature on a dump. The pro's far outweigh the cons and regarding plowing, if you arent foot happy with the accelerator, with an 18k lb loaded vehicle your not going to be sliding anywhere if you know what you are doing. I have plowed in around 10 trucks, and have a network of people in my area that have a plethora of different trucks.

Also, what is your NEIGHBOR talking about..... If he had kids he would need a crew cab with a back seat and short bed. How does having kids make him need a 8 foot bed? is he hauling them in the back of the bed?

I respect your opinions but it has nothing to do with anything about the update or thread. Also,just an piece of advice, it looks really unprofessional and immature when you spell almost all your words wrong and with no grammar or good punctuation.

Get some sentence structure,grammar and punctuation so people can understand what you are saying.

Insured and Licensed
Old 04-07-2011, 11:57 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Also the wheel base in the dump i was looking at was 164". That is only 20" Longer than my 1500 and in now way 'too long' to plow.

Insured and Licensed
Old 04-08-2011, 12:28 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

looks nice Outside lol
I have 99 F350 dually 9'6MVP with pro-wing kit with heavy flatbed. I push lot snow in 2wd, only lock it in when i need it
Now my other trucks single wheel lock in all time to push