Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 12-22-2010, 09:20 PM
LawnSite Member

allis chalmer ca tricycle

hey i know i havent been here for maybe a year or two and sorry about that but i have a ac ca that it will crank over and get running for a sec or two then it will spit and sputer and shut off i think the carb needs cleaned up but that was then a couple weeks and i just tryed it again but know it wont start at all but it still will turn over and its not the battery cause its pullin 6 volts on a 6 volt system please maybe someone with a little more ac knowledge may be able to help me out im more familiar with old ford n series and john deere tractors?
so please help if you can?
Old 12-22-2010, 09:30 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

how old is the fuel? if you crack the line to the carb is there any fuel coming out? does it have a mag or a distributor? is there any spark? and what year 1950??
Old 12-24-2010, 02:23 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tailboardtech View Post
how old is the fuel? if you crack the line to the carb is there any fuel coming out? does it have a mag or a distributor? is there any spark? and what year 1950??
fuel- new
distributor (rebuilt)
spark- yes
year i dont know it could be b/w 49-58 its got 46 c torque tube and tricycle front end on it hint its been rolled over the hill once and they had to replace alot of stuff to get it running and might i add that we were running it all year last year until we parked it about early november cause we used it for our pumpkin harverst!
maybe this might help alittle more!
Old 12-24-2010, 03:30 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

if your getting spark and that part is good i would go ahead and rebuild the carb you can get the rebuild kit from NAPA or Carquest (they may have to order it) it should have a Zenith or a Marvell carb on it and those a pretty cut and dry and go from there. unfortunately the older tractors don't like this new fuel at all i have been having problems with my hit &miss's eating the gaskets out of them, 1 thing i have been told and it does help is to run ammico or BP fuel in them along with putting fuel stabilizer in it every time u fill it up. unfortunately i am just monday morning quarterbacking since i haven't seen it.

if you have any more questions feel free to ask, if i cant answer them i can ask my old man or someone else on here can.

you can also go to tractorbynet.com but there forums have been kinda dead lately
Old 12-28-2010, 07:58 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tailboardtech View Post
if your getting spark and that part is good i would go ahead and rebuild the carb you can get the rebuild kit from NAPA or Carquest (they may have to order it) it should have a Zenith or a Marvell carb on it and those a pretty cut and dry and go from there. unfortunately the older tractors don't like this new fuel at all i have been having problems with my hit &miss's eating the gaskets out of them, 1 thing i have been told and it does help is to run ammico or BP fuel in them along with putting fuel stabilizer in it every time u fill it up. unfortunately i am just monday morning quarterbacking since i haven't seen it.

if you have any more questions feel free to ask, if i cant answer them i can ask my old man or someone else on here can.

you can also go to tractorbynet.com but there forums have been kinda dead lately
ok thanx for the info on that and yeah i know the older tractors dont like new fuel i use to run an 49 i think 8n tractor which is still in the family and ill make sure it stays! they always had that problem to!
ill check into the website later on in a couple days or something!
again many thanx on the help!
Old 03-23-2011, 03:30 PM
LawnSite Member

well i couldnt believe it but i saw it the other day when a another gentleman hopped up on it and it was pulling a hay wagon so i guess whatever it is... is gone or problem fixed

mmmmmm..... strange!