Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 03-18-2011, 09:56 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I think it's clean and simple, shows that your a teenager willing to work, no other BS. I'm sure you will have success with it.
Complete lawn care services
Old 03-18-2011, 10:31 PM
LawnSite Member

One thing I noticed is that there is no way to actually hang the door hanger, so when the customer opens there door the thing will just fall on there floor. They do look nice though, in my opinion there is only one thing that really matters, your company name, and your number. Good luck passing them out, I ordered 5,000 this season, and I can't get rid of them fast enough.
Old 03-18-2011, 10:40 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I think it looks pretty good, I'm just not sure how much I like what you put under "complete lawn care" such as "no lawn to big", to me it seems like if you're going to take the time to make decent flyers and pass them out, you probably have the equipment and experience to mow almost any lawn... but then again being a teen sorta makes people take a second thought (don't worry, I'm in the same boat). Also "trimming and blowing are included" I'd hope so, what decent lawn care doesn't trim, edge and blow? Maybe try something like "full service property maintenance" or something to that effect.

Who are you printing with? I've got a company I work with called www.clubflyers.com they have some great prices and some good customer service (I messed up in my design, so I sent them an email after I received my flyers and they corrected my issues for me and reprinted everything and sent it to my door for free). They often have some 10%-20% discounts going on, if you cant find them on your website, let me know and I might be able to hook you up.
If then God so clothe the grass, wich is today in the field, and tomorrow is cast into the oven; how much more [will he clothe] you, O ye of little faith? (Luke 12:28)

For if we live, we live to the Lord, and if we die, we die to the Lord. So then, whether we live or whether we die, we are the Lord's. (Romans 14:8)
Old 03-19-2011, 12:30 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

looks good.

print em.
Old 03-19-2011, 12:43 PM
Sponsor

Looks good maybe a website

Looks good maybe a website on there would make you look more established, putting your'e picture on there may work out, realtors seem to love putting pictures on all their advertising.

Buy Sell & Trade Lawn & landscaping route accounts. The online market place for route accounts.
http://Tradeyouraccounts.com
http://facebook.com/ServiceRoutes
http://twitter.com/ServiceRoutes
Old 03-19-2011, 04:46 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

One thing I think's gonna work in your favor is.......IMO, "some" door hangers give the impression the company is big. Nothing wrong with that. But, big companies typically have big overhead.

Your DH screams "affordable"....while still looking "professional". To ME, that's a fine line to toe.

I think they're really good. Good luck to you.
Old 03-19-2011, 05:53 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFGauvreau View Post
I think it's clean and simple, shows that your a teenager willing to work, no other BS. I'm sure you will have success with it.
this is how i feel too. go for it man. it can be rewarding, but you have to be very cautious with expenses and budgeting. get a business degree associates to go along with your venture. i did. i also have a degree in turf man.
Old 03-19-2011, 10:04 PM
LawnSite Member

Thanks to everyone. I am going to tweak it just a bit and then get it printed. I appreciate it.
Old 03-21-2011, 08:15 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Good job, unique and original. I understand why you put "no lawn to big", but you may want to take that out as it is expected and shows your need to prove yourself. But I don't think it will hurt you this round. "No commitment", my customers all sign up for the year but when they tell me they're selling I say no problem and don't hold them to any contract. I would get rid of the "No Commitment" they might think you will cancel or not show up since you give them that ability. Instead put "week to week" or contract, or "every other week" something along those lines. If you let the lawn go more than 2- weeks it takes 3 times as long so don't offer that.
Old 03-22-2011, 03:44 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

First of all, I commend you on your actions here, and certainly wish you all the best. However,..I would get rid of the "school photo", as this screams "schoolkid" looking for summer work. As far as the "insured" thing? Don't try to fib to the public. Too many people know how these things work. You cannot be insured, as you are a minor, and cannot be held to any financial obligatory contract - which is why minors can't even buy insurance. You may be insured under your mom and dad's auto insurance policy, but don't push the "insured" thing - and DO NOT go to the "licensed" thing. People LOVE calling people out on that. Just leave the insured thing out....out of sight, out of mind...people won't give it any thought. As a matter of fact, it can work to your advantage, because of you put the flag of insurance up in their mind, they may realize the thoughts that if something happens to YOU on their property, THEY can be liable. It's just the law of the land.
Anyway,...good luck with this,...and the layout looks great! Oh,...right next to experienced, put a / and say Dependable. THAT goes a long way on these! Have a great season!

Thank you, Dad - for always being the dad that you were. You truly are my hero. You always were.