Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 03-18-2011, 09:42 PM
LawnSite Member

Good entry level mowers

I currently have about ten accounts, and am getting more every week. I am looking for a inexpensive (not cheap) mower. I have looked at a Worldlawn unit at my local dealer, and I have looked at Quicks online. Does anyone know which one is a better entry level mower? The Worldlawn is less expensive, but it looks it as well. I am looking to get a 32 inch if that matters.
Old 03-18-2011, 10:00 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Why would you buy a new junkyish mower when you could buy a used commercial mower for the same price?

If I were you, I would do some research and look for used commercial mowers on craigslist, there have been lots of threads about this topic and I'm sure you'll find a lot of great information.

If I were in your situation, I would buy used off craigslist, you can find walk behinds for under $2,000 easily.
If then God so clothe the grass, wich is today in the field, and tomorrow is cast into the oven; how much more [will he clothe] you, O ye of little faith? (Luke 12:28)

For if we live, we live to the Lord, and if we die, we die to the Lord. So then, whether we live or whether we die, we are the Lord's. (Romans 14:8)
Old 03-18-2011, 10:35 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmos123 View Post
I currently have about ten accounts, and am getting more every week. I am looking for a inexpensive (not cheap) mower. I have looked at a Worldlawn unit at my local dealer, and I have looked at Quicks online. Does anyone know which one is a better entry level mower? The Worldlawn is less expensive, but it looks it as well. I am looking to get a 32 inch if that matters.
I have 2 Quick 36 mowers and they have worked very well for us. They get mixed reviews in here, but I have had zero problems with mine.
Old 03-18-2011, 11:44 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I've never heard of either of those brands...what does that tell you?...they must not be very good
Old 03-19-2011, 10:04 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

while i've heard of the quick mowers i've never heard of the other brand.

i started out with an exmark 36" metro walkbehind with mulch kit. i didn't have a single client when i purchased that mower. and i purchased it new for $3000. now i realize that was 5 years ago and the prices might have gone up a little but i bet you can still get a decent price on something like that.

i noticed someone suggested looking for a used mower as well. this isn't a bad idea if you don't mind used. i personally don't buy used equipment but i read, hear and see a lot of people that do.
Old 03-19-2011, 09:24 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kilgoja View Post
I've never heard of either of those brands...what does that tell you?...they must not be very good
LOL...I bet there's plenty of good stuff out there you've never heard of.
Old 03-19-2011, 10:31 PM
LawnSite Member

Thanks for some of the info. I am leaning towards the Worldlawn unit at the moment because I can get a 36 inch for a little less than the 32 Quick. Also, there is a local dealer who sales Worldlawn equipment. I only do residential lawns as well, so I think a cheaper unit will hold up just fine. My buddy has a Exmark metro, and I hate it.
Old 03-20-2011, 08:09 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmos123 View Post
Thanks for some of the info. I am leaning towards the Worldlawn unit at the moment because I can get a 36 inch for a little less than the 32 Quick. Also, there is a local dealer who sales Worldlawn equipment. I only do residential lawns as well, so I think a cheaper unit will hold up just fine. My buddy has a Exmark metro, and I hate it.
as do i, but i don't have a single piece of equipment that was cheap or cheaply made.

i only own commercial grade equipment. exmark, toro and stihl. and it's all the commercial grade equipment. even my 21 incher is the commercial version.

to each his own though.
Old 03-20-2011, 08:11 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

Try Bad Boy, that is an entry level mower.
Old 03-20-2011, 11:59 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

I would stay away from residential mowers. A good entry level commercial mower would be Bad Boy. I think prices start at 2999.99. Also check out Big Dog which was made to compete with Bad Boy and other entry level commercial mowers. I can not comment on the quality because I have not run either but the prices are hard to beat!
Posted via Mobile Device