Search

Click for Weather

Old 03-22-2011, 04:33 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by quackgrass View Post
You can subscribe to my newsletter if you really want to stay current:

http://www.anacondasuperfund.org/
So you are the owner of The Arrowhead Foundation? How is it you can find the time to manage 10's of thousands of trees and do this as well?
Old 03-22-2011, 05:04 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiril View Post
So you are the owner of The Arrowhead Foundation? How is it you can find the time to manage 10's of thousands of trees and do this as well?
No, I give the construction updates for the newsletter, nobody owns the arrowhead. However, I do own 2 companies and a share of one other. The two I own are a landscaping company and a composting facility. The other share is an environmental engineering company. I own the division of it that does the revegetation work on EPA contracts.

How do I find the time? Employees, but you will find that I disappear from here once the ground thaws.
Old 03-22-2011, 05:41 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Kiril,
What exactly is it that you do that compares with the positive impact of quackgrass' on the environment?

The nation that destroys its soil destroys itself.
Franklin D. Roosevelt
Old 03-22-2011, 08:13 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
How do I find the time? Employees, but you will find that I disappear from here once the ground thaws.
You mean the time you have to come on here to troll and insult people?
Old 03-22-2011, 08:15 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by phasthound View Post
Kiril,
What exactly is it that you do that compares with the positive impact of quackgrass' on the environment?
You know what I do Barry.
Old 03-23-2011, 09:59 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

I know you spend a great deal of time on these forums. I really do not know what impact you are having in the world.

Franklin D. Roosevelt
Old 03-23-2011, 10:40 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by phasthound View Post
I know you spend a great deal of time on these forums. I really do not know what impact you are having in the world.
I see .... so now I have to justify why I spend time at my desk during the day? Does everyone here have to demonstrate they have a positive impact on the environment before posting on this forum .... or are you just singling me out? FYI .... since you apparently are supporting Quack here .... I'm not the one who promotes using chems on an organic forum, nor am I throwing around personal insults.

But since you feel it is important that I must establish a positive impact here you go.

My business is now mostly resource management .... primarily irrigation, secondarily soils, thirdly native habitat restoration. So let me break that down for you Barry just so we are crystal clear.

I help my clients use water resources in the most efficient and effective manner to meet the goals of the site. Potable water is the single most important natural resource on the planet .... and these water resources are becoming increasingly scarce.

I also help my clients manage/move their site soils towards a more long term sustainable system. That means building a naturally fertile soil that is relatively self-sustaining. Soil is the second most important natural resource on the planet .... and our arable land is degrading at an alarming rate.

And lastly .... I help my clients to restore the native habitats that were destroy as a result of development. This not only speaks to building healthy ecosystems on a regional level, but it also speaks to site IPM. Mitigating loss of natural habitats and maintaining species diversity is arguably the third most important natural resource on the planet.

Is that good enough for you Barry .... or do I need to explain why I spend time at my desk every day?

Last edited by Kiril; 03-23-2011 at 10:46 AM.
Old 03-23-2011, 10:48 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

He is always right even if he is wrong Barry. That's what he is. Of course, we all knew that.
Old 03-23-2011, 11:09 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDUtah View Post
He is always right even if he is wrong Barry. That's what he is. Of course, we all knew that.
Not true JD. If I am shown to be wrong I will man up, admit the mistake, and apologize. That is in contrast to people like you, quack, and others, who will endlessly argue a point even after being shown they are in error. Pretty much every time this occurs these people change the conditions of the point or statement they initially made in an attempt to either cover up the fact they were wrong .... or just some flailing effort to be right because they can't admit they are wrong. When that fails, then the personal and professional insults and insinuation start. Sound familiar JD ..... or do I need to quote some of your posts (and others) to demonstrate this is the case?

How about this thread as an example.

Quote:
You can keep trying to sell "organics" as sustainable by ignoring ALL the inputs, but if you want to move out of your mom's basement and get off welfare, you should cut the BS and start selling based on performance and leave out the spin.

Hmmmmmmm .... and that wasn't even a result of me correcting bad information.

Last edited by Kiril; 03-23-2011 at 11:14 AM.
Old 03-23-2011, 11:52 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiril View Post
I see .... so now I have to justify why I spend time at my desk during the day? Does everyone here have to demonstrate they have a positive impact on the environment before posting on this forum .... or are you just singling me out? FYI .... since you apparently are supporting Quack here .... I'm not the one who promotes using chems on an organic forum, nor am I throwing around personal insults.

But since you feel it is important that I must establish a positive impact here you go.

My business is now mostly resource management .... primarily irrigation, secondarily soils, thirdly native habitat restoration. So let me break that down for you Barry just so we are crystal clear.

I help my clients use water resources in the most efficient and effective manner to meet the goals of the site. Potable water is the single most important natural resource on the planet .... and these water resources are becoming increasingly scarce.

I also help my clients manage/move their site soils towards a more long term sustainable system. That means building a naturally fertile soil that is relatively self-sustaining. Soil is the second most important natural resource on the planet .... and our arable land is degrading at an alarming rate.

And lastly .... I help my clients to restore the native habitats that were destroy as a result of development. This not only speaks to building healthy ecosystems on a regional level, but it also speaks to site IPM. Mitigating loss of natural habitats and maintaining species diversity is arguably the third most important natural resource on the planet.

Is that good enough for you Barry .... or do I need to explain why I spend time at my desk every day?
Thanks for the explanation, no need to get so defensive about someone asking you to speak about the good work you do.

Franklin D. Roosevelt