Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 03-20-2011, 05:49 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Professionally done website

What do you think? The photo's aren't from our jobs. As we do more work I will implement our own photos.

http://www.willislawnservices.com/
Old 03-20-2011, 06:01 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Looks very good,real nice website.
Wright 36" RH 07"
Redmax trimmer
Echo srm 225
Stihl fs90
Redmax hb28
Redmax eb7500 backpack blower
Rubbermaid cans 32gal
Solo backpack sprayer
A few more things..
Old 03-20-2011, 06:10 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

The website layout is sweet. The home on the homepage is also nice......BUT the home's landscaping is not something I'd want on the frontpage- or any page. Pics should highlight the landscape and not the home.

Why would you not implement your own photos when you have the site constructed? I wouldn't display photos on a website AT ALL that have nothing to do with my company's work. very misleading. But the site design and layout looks great.

www.PerfectEarthLandscape.com

Follow my updates and pictures on Facebook and LawnSite
Old 03-20-2011, 06:51 PM
LawnSite Member

Looks very professional.
Old 03-20-2011, 10:35 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Very nice. Who made it for you and what did it cost?
Old 03-21-2011, 11:42 AM
LawnSite Member

I think most of your pics arent really landscaped related the first one just looks like a nice house thats what I see
Old 03-21-2011, 12:46 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Visually, you have a very talented web designer. The "Committed to Excellence" bit on the home page reminds me of the awesome text animation that Ford does for a lot of its commercials.

While visually appealing, I think the content is a little subject and here's why. I don't think you ought to have a website that shows work, that isn't yours. Most troubling, as some others have mentioned, is if you're going to use other pictures, they better be great pictures, which the ones on your site, as far as showcasing the landscape, are not. Additionally, the four sections are a little confusing. Usually the About tab will have a little about who you are, how long you've been in business, etc. I felt like the home tab was equally confusing, as a customer something I'd have a hard time navigating. The pictures are also so large, it seems like you're trying to show them off, and those are not showoff caliber pics.

I think you're off to a GREAT start, but definitely put some more time into the content. Poke around on some competitors websites who you are striving to be like, and see what you like and what you don't like. Get a range of ideas, and then maybe bounce them off some other people. With a website like that, I think it would be a profitable idea to practice some search engine games if your developer knows about that, or maybe consider bringing in someone who has that for a specialty so you can use your website to its full effect once completed.

Would be nice knowing what you paid, you might also link to the web designer for others here to check out if LS will allow the link.
Old 03-21-2011, 07:42 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by StihlMechanic View Post
Very nice. Who made it for you and what did it cost?
would also like to know?

Website looks great!
Old 03-21-2011, 10:54 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

The company is local, in Oklahoma City. They are called ghost. They do a lot of work with large corporations. They do all of my graphics; They did my logo, website, cards, stationary ad envelopes, billboards, vehicle and trailer graphics, shirts, etc... I am also going to have them do an exhibit thing for the home and garden show next year.

I cannot say what the pricing was for my website and logo because they worked out a deal with me. They have been VERY good to work with though. And next year they are working out a marketing/advertising plan with me in order to ensure that my marketing money is spent in the most effective ways rather than just whatever random ad salesman comes my way.

Their website is http://www.ghostadv.com
Old 03-22-2011, 03:39 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

I agree that the site looks professionally done. However, I get a little tired of the generic sites with photos that aren't the work that person has done. I think everything should have that personal touch and signify only you. It all starts with the name of the company. I used to have my initials as my company name and an expert(Bill Phagan) told me there's nothing worse than a company name like "Danny's lawn service." He told me to never do that and he also stated that a name should conjure up an image and say something. After changing the name of my company 12 years ago, I now agree. Just something I've learned after years in the biz. You're on the right track!!!!