Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 03-21-2011, 05:18 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

GRIFFIN'S LAWN & LANDSCAPE (2nd year) Equipment pics.

Just got done installing the much needed double blower racks ($90 new). Put my big cleanup off until tomorrow. Got alot of calls for bids/estimates today Anyway thought it would be the perfect time to finally throw up some pics.

I started a year ago (March) with the little Echo blower and Old Echo trimmer. They're both almost a decade old. Both still start first pull in cold weather or hot.

Yep, only equipment pics for now. I always forget to bring the digi when doing jobs but I'll be sure to a little later on in the season when I have the lawns down looking perfect. I bought the echo 770 early fall for leaves and man it has 160cfm more than redmax 8050, so yeah, it moves anything and everything.

Thanks for looking,
Griffin
Old 03-21-2011, 05:21 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

nice organized setup. im diggin that truck too
Old 03-21-2011, 05:32 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Looking good there Southern!! How do you like having those blowers & trimmers on the street side?
Old 03-21-2011, 05:33 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Great setup!!! The truck looks super sharp! Also I like the trailer with the smaller gate! How wide is the exmark?? and do you like it?
1999 F350 Superduty
2002 6x12 Single Axle Landscaping Trailer
1998 6.5x16 Landscape trailer
2013 7x16 Quality Equipment Trailer
1994 5x8 Lone Wolf Trailer

Exmark, Snapper, Ferris, Encore, Billy Goat, Honda, Echo, Stihl, Husky, and Ryan

http://lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=344647
http://www.mcginnlandscaping.com
http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/McG...30091293747444
Old 03-21-2011, 05:37 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

hey mcc_landscape, how do you like the snapper walk behind. i had a snapper 21 inch commercial hi vac and it gave a great cut. just that the bagging and mulch system were a shitty setup so i went to toro and i absolutely love it. will only use my snapper for discharge. never going back to snapper for a bagger or mulcher.
2012 Wright 32"
2011 Toro 32" wb Floating Deck w/ Kawi
2007 21" Snapper Hi-Vac w/ Kawi
2007 21" Heavy Duty Toro w/ Kawi
McLane Commerical Walk Behind Edger
Stihl FS 110R String Trimmer
Stihl FS110r String Trimmer
Stihl FC 110 Stick Edger
Stihl BR 600 Back Pack Blower
Stihl HL 100K (135º)Hedge Trimmer
Stihl HS81T Hedge Trimmer

Old 03-21-2011, 06:51 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HPSInc View Post
nice organized setup. im diggin that truck too
Thanks alot man. Organization, maintenance, and keeping stuff clean are all very important to me. I think it speaks tons about the type of quality work that person provides.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lefet View Post
Looking good there Southern!! How do you like having those blowers & trimmers on the street side?
You know, there's been ALOT of debate about that but I'll give you my reasons.
1.Always park across the street from the lawn I am cutting so I have plenty of room to get EVERYTHING off their curb. You can still do it parked in front of someones home but it's more of a PITA, and I prefer to simplify everything.
2. When I back into my garage the driver side obviously leaves the trimmers and blows perfectly accessible to do any needed maintenance.
3.I do pull up infront of the house when doing mulch and this leaves the passenger side wide open when shoveling mulch into wheelbarrows or throwing bags of debris in.
4.Easier to see in my rearview.

The arguments against it are hilarious, like "this way you don't have to cross the street" lol What the hell? Oh no a whole 10 ft in 5th gear on my walkbehind! Ugh what a pain!

So yeah I'm definitely all about it on the drivers side. It occured to me because I used to run alot of companys and they were always on passenger side and it was just more of a pain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by McG_Landscaping View Post
Great setup!!! The truck looks super sharp! Also I like the trailer with the smaller gate! How wide is the exmark?? and do you like it?
Metro is a 36". Hardly ever need the 21". This mower has been the best walk behind I have ever used, which is saying alot I've used almost all of them. The 15hp Kawasaki is FLAWLESS. Fired on first pull in 30* weather after sitting for 5 months. Amazing on gas. The ECS controls are a MUST, and are sooo much more comfortable than the old style pistol grips. It has the mulch kits which leave cuts looking great, no clippings. Any other questions about it, lemme know, otherwise go buy one. I believe it's an 06 or 07

I appreciate the comments about my truck. I know there eventually will be that guy dogging on me because it looks awesome and he thinks a "work truck" has to look boring. The truth is I put 4.56 gears in it front and rear. That coupled with the 350 and taking it out of overdrive you would never know the trailer was back there at all. That truck has been amazing. Lot of ppl use the c1500/k1500 as work trucks. Mine just happens to be decked out.
Old 03-21-2011, 06:58 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheChiefsLawnCare View Post
hey mcc_landscape, how do you like the snapper walk behind. i had a snapper 21 inch commercial hi vac and it gave a great cut. just that the bagging and mulch system were a shitty setup so i went to toro and i absolutely love it. will only use my snapper for discharge. never going back to snapper for a bagger or mulcher.
I absolutely love the snapper walk behind! I am looking to buy a 36'' to couple with it. I will post pics this weekend on my thread. (mcginn landscaping). I would highly recommend it to anyone! It will cut pretty high grass with ease and the cut always looks pretty nice!
1999 F350 Superduty

Exmark, Snapper, Ferris, Encore, Billy Goat, Honda, Echo, Stihl, Husky, and Ryan

Old 03-21-2011, 07:03 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southern Pride View Post
Metro is a 36". Hardly ever need the 21". This mower has been the best walk behind I have ever used, which is saying alot I've used almost all of them. The 15hp Kawasaki is FLAWLESS. Fired on first pull in 30* weather after sitting for 5 months. Amazing on gas. The ECS controls are a MUST, and are sooo much more comfortable than the old style pistol grips. It has the mulch kits which leave cuts looking great, no clippings. Any other questions about it, lemme know, otherwise go buy one. I believe it's an 06 or 07

I appreciate the comments about my truck. I know there eventually will be that guy dogging on me because it looks awesome and he thinks a "work truck" has to look boring. The truth is I put 4.56 gears in it front and rear. That coupled with the 350 and taking it out of overdrive you would never know the trailer was back there at all. That truck has been amazing. Lot of ppl use the c1500/k1500 as work trucks. Mine just happens to be decked out.
I am really looking for a 36" this year and have been looking for a snapper but i might have to take a look at the exmarks now! And i dont see why your truck cant look awesome and still be a work truck! It looks very nice and people should be easily able to identify you by it!
1999 F350 Superduty

Old 03-21-2011, 07:11 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Whatever floats your boat Southern, no argument here! Was just a wonderin!
Still looks neat and organized REGARDLESS of what side it's on!!
Old 03-21-2011, 07:17 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

thats a cute setup.
2010 Equipment/Stripe thread Here
2009 Equipment/Stripe thread Here
Hurricane blower video Here