Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 03-27-2011, 09:23 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

We are allowed to gross 80,000lbs with triaxles. I get loads from the quarries around 25-26 tons.

I guess the quarries love me. I constantly beat them up on price however. I am the same with all my other suppliers though. When your a big dog, you can get good prices!
Old 04-01-2011, 10:14 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Big daddy what's the base for your walls? Or do you use block down to the earth's core? Using modified inside your stairs is perfectly acceptable if you do it right and get good compaction. As with ALL hardscaping, it IS a regional thing. Sandy vs clay soils, warm vs cold climates, etc. I think the overall design is good, just don't think it looks great with the house but if planted right will be a stunning project. Great workmanship, but when you throw out the title you obviously are going to be asking for (some well deserved) knit picking criticism.
Old 04-02-2011, 12:39 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Glad to have you on board Daddy, now lets see some of the good stuff you've done.
Old 04-02-2011, 02:30 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

IMO the construction work looks barely above average. That soldier course by the step looks pretty nasty and its all cheap material with a basic pattern. It certainly doesn't look bad... but its no award winner.

I'm still wondering the purpose of the gravel comments.... are we supposed to be impressed because you moved a bunch of dirt and stone? congrats....
Old 04-02-2011, 05:26 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

well if you haven't run Daddy off you should look at his website. IMPRESSIVE WORK! Can't believe how often MOds are deleting stuff, what I miss now?
Old 04-02-2011, 05:44 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by wurkn with amish View Post
well if you haven't run Daddy off you should look at his website. IMPRESSIVE WORK! Can't believe how often MOds are deleting stuff, what I miss now?

He hasn't been run off, he's alive and well. IS that Big Daddy's website or does he work for them? Postinmg a link to a site doesn't mean it's yours.

I find it hard to believe the owner of that company would be worried about and accusing people of hiding behind screens, etc. That guy's monthly income is probably about what I gross a year. You'd think he'd be out on his yaught without a care in the world. And as an owner he should know there are more than one way to skin a cat (hence his comments of step construction).

Yeah, myself and some others here think the mods are getting carried away with the deleting. Then on the other hand, we recently (as in this winter) had the owner of another forum here stirring trouble and trying to lure folks to his site. So in that respect, it's good to stay proactive.

"People Throw Rocks At Things That Shine"

My Equipment Brag List:

-1 CAT hat
-16 pairs of Hanes socks (the Heavy Duty model), many with holes.
-12 pairs of underwear, ranging from Joe Boxers to Jockey, many are in need of replacement. (no more photo requests please)
-hundreds of t-shirts. Some w/ grease stains, some torn & tattered.
-7 pairs of jeans, ranging from Levis to Polo to GAP. 1/2 of them have holes in 'em.
-1 belt
-1 pair of old worn out Nike shoes.
Old 04-02-2011, 11:23 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cecilmac View Post
Rusk, that is a sick design ,did u design it ur self or sub the design. Keep it posted when u install the plants I wanna see what it looks like completed.. Besides the pillar lights will u be adding lv lighting for the soft scape..
Posted via Mobile Device
4 some reason ur post drives me crazy .may b cuz ur txtn ? do u type like ur txtin 4 all ur posts?
Old 04-03-2011, 09:22 AM
LawnSite Member

Someone did get a little too excited deleting posts didn't they, I wasn't aware that would happen. Sorry to anyone I may have offended or anything, like I said I'm a very opinionated person. Again, I've been following this forum for at least a couple years now, on and off mostly during the winter months when I'm not as busy. The summer time I don't have enough time to sit down for 5 minutes let alone post on a forum so you might not see me a whole lot throughout the summer.

As far as the website below, I work there as the operations manager, been with the company for about 15 years. I mostly run equipment now and drive the 10 wheeler, I don't have my hand in a lot of the construction anymore. The pictures on the website are a lot older than you may think, those jobs I've all had a hand in. But there are a lot other jobs we've done more recently that I hope make it to the website. Sorry, I'm not a photographer, I don't take pics of our jobsites every 5 seconds, but I might be able to get my hands on some to post up from another employee.

I can probably post up some patios and small jobs I've done on my own, I believe my wife has some photos on this computer of those. Like I said, I've never really worried about pictures, I've always just focused on the job at hand. Maybe this year I'll bring along a camera and take some more and post them when I get a chance.

Nothing against DVS, I just don't like some of the little witty comments and the way he phrases things sometimes. The guy knows what he's talking about, and far as him being the Simon Cowell of the board, I absolutely agree. I mostly just like looking at the pictures on here, to see what other guys are doing and how there going about it, I don't get into giving out advice a whole lot, I do that enough at work.
Old 04-03-2011, 12:19 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Not making sense. Why on earth would an alledged "operations manager" be driving a truck and running a machine"?? That's A$$ Backwards.

Reminds me of when I go to Panera and the managers are standing at the counter handing out food orders. Drives me up the wall. They should be managing, not calling out order numbers. Why are $50k to $60k people doing work that should be done by hired hands?

And umm Big flaa, er...I mean.....Daddy, i don't hide behind a screen. DVS is the same in person. What catches people off gaurd is I'm very low key and mannered. If you were to ever meet my horticulture teacher from high school, who knows me well - he would tell you all about me without you even having to probe

"People Throw Rocks At Things That Shine"

My Equipment Brag List:

-1 CAT hat
-16 pairs of Hanes socks (the Heavy Duty model), many with holes.
-12 pairs of underwear, ranging from Joe Boxers to Jockey, many are in need of replacement. (no more photo requests please)
-hundreds of t-shirts. Some w/ grease stains, some torn & tattered.
-7 pairs of jeans, ranging from Levis to Polo to GAP. 1/2 of them have holes in 'em.
-1 belt
-1 pair of old worn out Nike shoes.

Last edited by DVS Hardscaper; 04-03-2011 at 12:27 PM.
Old 03-17-2013, 08:44 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrusk View Post
We are allowed to gross 80,000lbs with triaxles. I get loads from the quarries around 25-26 tons.

I guess the quarries love me. I constantly beat them up on price however. I am the same with all my other suppliers though. When your a big dog, you can get good prices!

I think the only big dog in Wantage, NJ is the boys over at Farmside Landscape and Design