Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 03-22-2011, 11:07 AM
LawnSite Member

A little mower help please. Hustler or BadBoy?

Ok, so this year im planning on buying my 1st ZTR. Ive had my eye on a 48" Hustler Fastrak Super Duty for a while. But, I also looked at a 50" BadBoy commercial ZT. Ive read some good things and some bad things about BadBoy. Ive rented Hustlers and really liked em, but BadBoys prices got me wondering. Anyone have any thoughts?
Old 03-22-2011, 11:25 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Its not always about the price. Make sure you have a great dealer with a good parts department and service department. Its all about the least amount of down time as possible. Hustler has a proven track record. BB is still building a following and track record in my opinion. I run Scags and have no BB seat time so I will not comment on BB quality. Im sure others will.

Last edited by GMLC; 03-22-2011 at 11:33 AM.
Old 03-22-2011, 11:36 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

A dealer makes a the difference. Ask about parts and how quickly they can get them if they don't have them. Also length of warranty is a thing to look at. Downtime can cost a lot more then the difference in price of the mower the better dealer will get you going sooner. The dealer that I use has 3 tech between them they have over 100 yrs experience. That's 100 yrs of seeing/knowing/fixing issues will get you out the door quicker and fixed right.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-22-2011, 10:58 PM
LawnSite Member

bad boy pup

Just bought our first bad boy pup from a dealer 30 miles away for farm use and start up mowing operation from Eastern Truck Equipment in Boonsboro Md. Excellent dealer, but it stinks they are so far away. Anyway, I looked at the Hustler, Exmark, Scag, & ferris because we have dealers within 5 miles of our farm. Anyone of these machines are an excellent well built machine. But in my opinion only, the Bad Boy Pup w/30" kohler & 60" deck was the best deal. I got it for just under $6,600.00. And it is made in America by Americans! Scags are also. (Not sure about Ferris or Hustlers)

Support Americans, buy American made products!
Old 03-22-2011, 11:28 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gettysburgfarms View Post
Just bought our first bad boy pup from a dealer 30 miles away for farm use and start up mowing operation from Eastern Truck Equipment in Boonsboro Md. Excellent dealer, but it stinks they are so far away. Anyway, I looked at the Hustler, Exmark, Scag, & ferris because we have dealers within 5 miles of our farm. Anyone of these machines are an excellent well built machine. But in my opinion only, the Bad Boy Pup w/30" kohler & 60" deck was the best deal. I got it for just under $6,600.00. And it is made in America by Americans! Scags are also. (Not sure about Ferris or Hustlers)

Hustler is American made and I think so is Ferris...
Old 03-23-2011, 12:14 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gettysburgfarms View Post

I see we shop at the same dealer, I get all my snow stuff there. Pretty nice to deal with
2012 Kubota ZD331 72"/2011 Kubota ZD331 72"/2010 Kubota ZG227 54"
Old 03-23-2011, 12:20 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Ferris is Made in Munnsville, NY along with Snapper Pro in the same facility
Old 03-23-2011, 09:59 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Hands down... Hustler 4 year bumper to bumper warranty PARTS AND LABOR. Bad Boy....1 year hoohumm

You get what you pay for. And after year one the bad boy is going to be money out of your pocket.

I have food in my fridge that lasts longer then bad boys warranty
Old 03-23-2011, 03:51 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Go HUSTLER

HUSTLER all the way!!!

Old 03-23-2011, 10:34 PM
LawnSite Member

The Hustlers must be a very good mower. The National Park service have a fleet of them that they mow the battlefields with. They probably mow at least a thousand acres of the 7000 acre battlefield. Maybe give them a call and ask them how they perform. Again they have a large fleet of them! I still like my decision to buy the Bad Boy Pup! For me, it was all about the money difference

Tags
bad boy , hustler , ztr