Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 03-22-2011, 06:52 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Scag Cheetah Engine Options

They come with the 31 Kawi and the 32 Vanguard for the 61" and the 34 Kawi on the 72". What other engine options would you like to see on this machine for each deck size? Also if they made a 52" what engine would you like to see on that?
Old 03-22-2011, 06:56 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOctagon View Post
They come with the 31 Kawi and the 32 Vanguard for the 61" and the 34 Kawi on the 72". What other engine options would you like to see on this machine for each deck size? Also if they made a 52" what engine would you like to see on that?
Diesel would be nice.
Old 03-22-2011, 07:08 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

I would love to see honda engines back. The 52's engine could be a bit smaller than the 31 but you can never have too much power.
Old 03-22-2011, 07:56 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepatsfan View Post
I would love to see honda engines back. The 52's engine could be a bit smaller than the 31 but you can never have too much power.
I always wondered where all the hondas went. I would also like to see a robin/subaru engine on something. I would think they would be a tough engine as well.
Old 03-22-2011, 08:03 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
I always wondered where all the hondas went. I would also like to see a robin/subaru engine on something. I would think they would be a tough engine as well.
The only experience I have had with the subaru is a power washer I bought from home depot. No issues runs fine but it hasn't had much work. I hear good things about them though. Honda engines are bullet proof though. My dealer told me that they stopped putting them on scags to keep costs down. Is that your experience too? I don't mind paying a bit more for the honda. I mean if the honda was three hundred bucks more than the kawi I would pay extra for the honda. Nothing against the kawi either, we love em, I have quite a few of them just love honda.
Old 03-22-2011, 08:14 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
The only experience I have had with the subaru is a power washer I bought from home depot. No issues runs fine but it hasn't had much work. I hear good things about them though. Honda engines are bullet proof though. My dealer told me that they stopped putting them on scags to keep costs down. Is that your experience too? I don't mind paying a bit more for the honda. I mean if the honda was three hundred bucks more than the kawi I would pay extra for the honda. Nothing against the kawi either, we love em, I have quite a few of them just love honda.
The subaru's seem to make good power for their size from what ive seen. Very similar to the hondas. They are smooth and start easy. Love the subaru on my Snowblower. I know i would order in a honda or subaru premium engine option on a few of the models kept on hand. They seem to draw a crowd. I almost took on Yard Shark mowers because of...
1. The honda engine option
2. built about 20 miles away
3. sits low and handles well with a pretty good cut as well

Only thing that held me back is the distributor i wasnt too sure about them. nice guy but all the mowers had to ship to Illinois i believe then back to me and parts came from Illinois as well. Nothing could be picked up from the mfg.
Old 03-22-2011, 08:28 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
The subaru's seem to make good power for their size from what ive seen. Very similar to the hondas. They are smooth and start easy. Love the subaru on my Snowblower. I know i would order in a honda or subaru premium engine option on a few of the models kept on hand. They seem to draw a crowd. I almost took on Yard Shark mowers because of...
1. The honda engine option
2. built about 20 miles away
3. sits low and handles well with a pretty good cut as well

Only thing that held me back is the distributor i wasnt too sure about them. nice guy but all the mowers had to ship to Illinois i believe then back to me and parts came from Illinois as well. Nothing could be picked up from the mfg.
That seems a little ridiculous
Old 03-22-2011, 09:15 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
That seems a little ridiculous
My thoughts exactly. Kinda turned me off to them. Its a small mfg in a town of maybe 1500 to 2000 and i cant even pick up the machines and parts right there???? WTF i thought.